UbiKeeba's Avatar Community Manager

Frequently Asked Questions

GENERAL

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

Ghost War is Ghost Recon Wildlands’ new PvP mode. In Ghost War, you will be able to live the ultimate PvP experience in a 4 vs 4 team deathmatch mode. This intense and epic PvP focuses on teamwork, strategy, and intense tactical firefights.

Your participation in this Open Beta will allow us to gather precious feedback and continue to work with the team to improve the experience. This Open Beta will allow us to test several key technical elements of the game including matchmaking, connectivity, server setup, and gameplay balancing.

WHAT ARE THE OFFICIAL CHANNELS?

All Open Beta participants have access to a selection of platforms to get more information about the game and also to share their feedback.

Here is the listing of official Open Beta channels:

- Open Beta Portal
    www.ghostrecon.com/pvpbeta
    Available from September 13th to 25th

This is your entry point to the Ghost War Open Beta. There you will be able to consult the latest news, access to the forums and the official FAQs! A bug report feature is also available.

- Open Beta Forums
    http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1690
    Available from September 13th to 28th.

The forums are the place to share your thoughts about the Open Beta. You will also find there a known issues list and community support threads.

- Customer Support
    https://support.ubi.com/Games/5102

If you are experiencing any issues with your Ubisoft account or have difficulties accessing your game, please contact our customer support agents.

WHEN CAN I PRELOAD AND PLAY THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta will begin on Thursday, September 21st to July 25th at 10am UTC and end on Monday, September 25th at 10am UTC.
    Preload will be available starting Tuesday, September 19th at Midnight local time for PS4 and Xbox One, 4pm UTC on Steam and 7am UTC on Uplay PC.

WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

For any additional information regarding the Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta, we invite you to refer to the Open Beta portal on www.ghostrecon.com/pvpbeta.

WHICH PLATFORMS WILL THE BETA BE AVAILABLE ON?

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta will be available on Xbox One, PS4, PS4 PRO and PC.

Please note that some local specificities may apply:

- Mainland China: Open Beta access will be restricted to the PC version of the game.
    - Japan: Both PS4 and PC version will be supported for the Open Beta.

HOW DO I ACCESS THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

The Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta is accessible to all players on Xbox-One, PS4 and PC (in eligible countries). Please note that a Ubisoft account is required to be able to play the game.

You don’t need any keys to join the Open Beta, simply go to your platform store, download and play! You will also find links to download the beta on the official portal.

Xbox One:
    o Reach the Games menu and search for Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta.
    o Please note that you need an XBL account to play the beta

PS4:
    o Go to the Playstation Store and search for Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
    o Please note that you need a PS+ account to play the beta

Uplay PC
    o Launch Uplay PC launcher, Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta will be available in your Free Games list.

Steam
    o Launch Steam, search for the Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta product page and click on “Play now” button to download the Open Beta in your library.

WHAT COUNTRIES ARE SUPPORTED IN THIS TEST?

- North America and LATAM countries
    - Rest of the world: All countries except North Korea.

WHAT LANGUAGES ARE SUPPORTED IN THE BETA?

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta will feature all languages supported by the final game.

Here is the list of supported languages for the Open Beta:

Interface Full Audio Subtitles
    English X X X
    French X X X
    Italian X X X
    German X X X
    Spanish X X X
    Arabic X X
    Traditional Chinese X X
    Simplified Chinese X X
    Korean X X
    Japanese X X X
    Dutch X X
    Polish X X
    Portugese-Brazil X X X
    Russian X X X
    Czech X X

CAN I STREAM/PUBLISH CONTENT ABOUT THIS OPEN BETA?

Yes you can! Share your best moments by using the official hashtag #GhostRecon!

In the meantime, we are releasing a new version of our fankit to allow you to decorate your channels to Ghost Recon Wildlands colors. Check out our official game arts and stream layouts! Available right now on: http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildl...dia/index.aspx

The Development team can’t wait to see what you will create!

IS THERE ANY REWARD FOR BEING PART OF THE OPEN BETA?

All participants of the Open Beta will unlock a special reward for the final game. We have been working with the Ubisoft Club team to offer all Open Beta players a Ghost War XP booster. Learn more on https://club.ubisoft.com/

WILL I NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE BETA IF I HAVE THE CLOSED BETA INSTALLED?

For the Open Beta, this will depend on your platform.

Indeed, on PC, you will only have to download an update to be able to play (approximatively 20 GB). Patch will be available from preload starting September 19th.

If you deleted the Closed Beta version, you will be able to download the full Open Beta version directly.
    On PS4 & Xbox One, a full download will be however required.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE BETA?

The download file is approximately of 30 GB for consoles, and 40 GB for PC. Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive, and give yourself some time for the download by preloading the build starting September 19th.

DO I NEED A UBISOFT ACCOUNT?

Yes, a Ubisoft account is mandatory to register to the Ghost War Open Beta.

CONTENT

ARE WE PLAYING THE FULL VERSION OF GHOST WAR?

This Ghost War Open Beta only features a chunk of this new mode.
    Please note that some elements of the game might not be available during this period, and that this is a work in progress version of Ghost War.

WHAT CAN I LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN PLAYING THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

The Ghost War Open Beta will allow you to play with 6 different classes (more classes will be available at launch and post-launch) in this 4 VS 4 Team Deathmatch new mode.
    You will have access to the first 5 maps (more maps will be available at launch and post-launch).

WILL MY PROGRESS IN THE BETA CARRY OVER TO THE FULL GAME WHEN IT RELEASES?

Your characters and progression from the Ghost War Open Beta won’t be preserved for the final game.

PLAYING WITH FRIENDS

HOW CAN I ADD FRIENDS?

In order to invite friends to your game session, you will need to add them to your account first.

Uplay PC
    - Login into Uplay with your Ubisoft Account or activate the overlay directly from the game by using the Shift+F2 shortcut.
    - Select the friends menu and click on “Add friends”
    - Enter your friend’s Ubisoft Account and press Enter to initiate the research, send an invite to your desired friend.

Xbox One & PS4
    - Select the “Friends” function from your console home-screen
    - Search for a Gamertag or Online ID to send an invite to your desired friend.

Your friends list will be automatically replicated in the Ghost Recon Wildlands lobby.

DO I NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

Yes. As Ghost War is an online 4 vs 4 PvP mode, you will need an internet connection to play against other players.

DO I NEED AN XBOX LIVE GOLD OR PLAYSTATION®PLUS MEMBERSHIP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BETA?

As for the final game mode, the Ghost War Open Beta will require XBL Gold or PSN+ subscription.

CHEATING & BANNING

For more information about the Ghost Recon development team stance against cheating, please read our Rules of Engagement.

IS THERE ANTI-CHEAT?

Yes. Ghost Recon Wildlands includes an anti-cheat solution and we have at heart to ensure the best experience for all players by encouraging fair usage of the game.

WHERE CAN I FIND THE CODE OF CONDUCT OF THE GAME?

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Code of Conduct is available on the official website.

The Code of Conduct is supplemental to Ubisoft Terms of use. Please refer to such terms for additional conduct rules.

IMPACT OF A BAN IN GHOST RECON WILDLANDS

Whenever a ban is applied, the player will no longer have access to the multiplayer experience offered by the game. Solo gameplay will still be accessible but both Coop and PVP modes will be blocked until ban lift.

CAN A PLAYER BE BANNED ON THE FIRST OFFENSE?

Yes, players cheating or trying to benefit from an unfair advantage towards other players will be banned on first offense.

We have at heart to ensure the best experience for all players, especially during online sessions to respect the integrity of the game.

WHAT IS DEEMED AS A CHEAT?

We consider all modifications or software allowing you to benefit from an unfair advantage towards other players unacceptable and subject to banning.

This includes but is not limited to:
    - Cheats or Hacking
    - Aimbots and tribberbots
    - Attempts to modify Client, saves or EasyAntiCheat software.
    - Trainers
    - Data Mining
    - Stream manipulation
    - Rage quitting
    - AFK farming
    - Etc.

HOW CAN I APPEAL AGAINST A BAN?

You can request an appeal by contacting our Customer Support. Our agents will carefully review your case and notify you of their decision. Depending on the result of this analysis, the sanction will be either lifted or maintained.

HOW DO YOU DETECT CHEATING? WHAT IS EASYANTICHEAT?

In Ghost Recon Wildlands, we setup a variety of solutions to detect cheats or unauthorized modifications of the game, EasyAntiCheat being the primary one.

This non-intrusive solution operates in real time to block the usage of third party software or changes that could provide an unfair advantage to the player.

EasyAntiCheat will be installed along with Ghost Recon Wildlands game and will not share any personal nor commercial information.

HOW CAN I BE SURE NOT TO BE BANNED?

In order to be sure not to be impacted by a ban while playing Ghost Recon Wildlands or any other game, we highly recommend you to play only on trusted machines. Use caution when installing any 3rd party software that could have an impact on the game or the EasyAntiCheat client.

WHAT IS A TEMPORARY BAN?

In certain occasions, not only for cheating, you may receive a temporary ban preventing you to access online features of the game for a period up to 15 days. If another offense is identified, the ban may become permanent.

HOW DO I REPORT A SUSPECTED CHEATER?

To report a player for cheating, or any other behavior that may affect other player’s experience, please use the report feature available directly in the game lobby.

You can then complete your reports by connecting to the Ghost Recon Network in your Profile. There, you will be able to consult your reports from the last 7 days and add any other information that could help our agents to better process your request; this includes for instance video links or screenshots.*

We recommend you to use this feature for better acknowledgment or your report, you can also contact our Customer Support via their dedicated portal. Please do not duplicate requests.

*Please note that this feature will be enabled at the Ghost War launch.

OTHER BANNING OR WARNING REASONS

All behaviors that could harm the intended player experience are subject to banning or sanctions, this includes but is not limited to: rage quitting, AFK farming, threats, harassment, advertising, scamming, etc.

We strongly believe in providing a fair and welcoming environment to everyone.

In some cases, a warning will be first delivered but multiple offenses may conduct to a ban or a permanent account suspension.

For more information, please refer to the code of conduct as well as the Ubisoft Terms of Use.

FEEDBACK & DISCUSSIONS

HOW CAN I SHARE MY FEEDBACK ABOUT THE GAME?

During the Ghost War Open Beta, you will be able to experience a first glimpse of the Ghost Recon Wildlands new PvP mode.

This Open Beta will allow us to test several key technical elements of the game, including matchmaking, connectivity, server setup, and gameplay balancing.

- If you wish to share your feedback and discuss with other players, we invite you to join our official Ghost War Open Beta forums (see below for more information).

- If you are experiencing any issue with your access to the game or your Ubisoft account, please contact our customer support https://support.ubi.com/Games/5102

- If you wish to share with us any bug encountered during your game session, please use the bug report tool on the Open Beta portal: www.ghostrecon.com/pvpbeta.

PC VERSION

WHAT ARE THE PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?

To be able to play the Ghost War Open Beta in the best conditions, we recommend you to check the following requirements.

Recommended system setup has been tested on 1920*1080 resolution and High preset. We only recommend it to players using very high-end setup to go beyond those values.

MINIMUM:

- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    - PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-4320 @ 4 GHz or equivalent
    - VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660/GTX750Ti/GTX 950 /GTX1050 or AMD HD7870/R9 270X/R9 370X/RX 460 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)VRAM or more – See supported List */**
    - SYSTEM RAM: 6GB
    Resolution: 720p
    Video Preset: Low

RECOMMENDED

- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    - PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz
    - VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970/GTX 1060 or AMD R9 290X /R9 390/RX480 (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better) – See supported List */**
    - SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
    Resolution: 1080p
    Video Preset: High

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release::

• GeForce GTX600 series: (minimum) GeForce GTX660 or better | (recommended) N/A
    • GeForce GTX700 series: (minimum) GeForce GTX750Ti or better | (recommended) N/A
    • GeForce GTX900 series: (minimum) GeForce GTX950 or better | (recommended) GeForce GTX970 or better
    • GeForce GTX10-Series: (minimum) any GeForce GTX10 card | (recommended) GeForce GTX1060 or better

**Supported AMD cards at time of release

• Radeon HD7000 series: (minimum) Radeon HD7870 or better | (recommended) none
    • Radeon 200 series: (minimum) Radeon R9 270x or better | (recommended) Radeon R9 290X or better
    • Radeon 300/Fury X series: (minimum) Radeon R9 370X or better | (recommended) Radeon R9 390 or better
    • Radeon 400 series: (minimum) Radeon RX460 or better | (recommended) Radeon RX480 or better

Gamepad Support

• Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Microsoft Xbox One (Original/Elite)
    • PlayStation 4 (Original/Pro)
    • Steam controller

Other controllers may work, however they are not officially supported. They may require third-party software to work. Please contact the controller manufacturer for assistance. Examples include:

• Any third-party Xbox-compatible controller
    • Logitech Chillstream
    • OUYA controller

PC VERSION FAQ

Check out our dedicated guide on the forums to discover some general tips of how to improve and customize your Ghost War Open Beta experience on PC.

HOW DO I USE THE BENCHMARK TOOL?

Available on PC in the option menu of the game, the dedicated Benchmark Tool gives you the opportunity to measure the performance of your setup in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands. When using this tool, the game will launch a stress-test demo including various demanding situations of the game. At the end of this demo, a report will be provided, including Min, Max, and Average FPS. Depending on the results, you can choose to update your graphic preferences to ensure the best gaming experience.

A complete Benchmark Report will be automatically generated at /MyDocument/My Games/Ghost Recon Wildlands/Benchmark/. This in-depth report will give you access to more information, such as:

- Frame rate (image per seconds)
    - GPU (video card) temperature/usage
    - CPU (processor) usage
    - RAM usage.

For more information about the system requirements, please refer to dedicated questions.

WHAT ARE THE CONTROLS FOR GAMEPADS AND KEYBOARD/MOUSE?

WHAT TYPE OF CONTROLLER CAN I USE?

The following controllers have been tested with the game:

- Officially Supported
    - Mouse + Keyboard
    - Microsoft Xbox 360
    - Microsoft Xbox One
    - Microsoft Xbox One Elite
    - Sony Playstation 4

Other Controllers Might Be Partially Supported (they may require third-party drivers):

- Any third-party Xbox-compatible controller
    - Logitech Chillstream
    - Ouya Controller
    - Sony PS3 Controller

Don’t hesitate to share your experience with other controllers in the forums!

WILL I BE ABLE TO CUSTOMIZE MY HUD TO MY LIKING?

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands features a great variety of game interface customization elements, allowing you to create your own experience.

GHOST RECON NETWORK FAQ

For more information, please check out our dedicated article on http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildl...m:154-76770-32

GENERAL

WHAT IS THE GHOST RECON NETWORK?

Ghost Recon Network is the ultimate platform for all Ghost Recon players. Available for all Ghost Recon Wildlands owners, this website will let you keep in touch with your friends and the whole Ghost Recon community. Ghost Recon Network will also give you access to a large selection of features to improve your gaming experience, including Task Forces, In-game Events and Stats.

HOW CAN I ACCESS THE GHOST RECON NETWORK?

All Ghost Recon Wildlands owners have access to the Ghost Recon Network on ghostreconnetwork.com.

WILL MY GHOST RECON NETWORK DATA BE PRESERVED AFTER THE GHOST WAR OPEN BETA?

As the Ghost War Open Beta build is different from the main game, the Ghost Recon Network is not linked to the Open Beta for now.

You can still go to the Ghost Recon Network and prepare a Task Force to be ready when Ghost War finally launches.