No audio past ubisoft logo

just bought steep yesterday, have been excited to finally get to play. launch the game, everything is going great, get past the opening credits with the Ubisoft logo and epilepsy warning, game starts, no audio :/ . The audio menu is also completely unfunctional. I cant slide the volume sliders, they all just display greyed out as "1.0".

So i have done my research, and this seems like a pretty common issue with anybody who installed the game on a partition or external drive. Simple fix: Move the game to the same drive where your OS is stored. Sadly, my OS is stored on a 50GB HDD, so this fix isnt an option for me.

Currently, i have the game installed on an external HDD connected via USB 3.0. My other option for install would be to move it to my internal SSD connected via SATA. would this fix the issue? or is there a way i can keep the game on my external and fix the sound? Or should i get in line for a refund ? i was really excited for this game.

Steep
    Version 1.10

Ubi-Pickles's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Hey! I am sorry to hear this happening. Can you submit a ticket at our support site so we can look into this?

I submitted a ticket yesterday, and am currently receiving support from the team. as a temporary fix, i moved the game to one of my internal drives, which fixed the problem. i just dont want to have the game taking up 30GB of data on my main drives, so i will leave my case open to see if there is a possibility of a long term solution.

Thanks for the reply

its the same for me