Thread: Ranked Solo Queue | Forums

Ranked Solo Queue

Im still new to the game and wanted to know if anyone is playing ranked solo? I know Its a teamgame and alot more fun with friends / clan etc. but I often enjoy playing on my own(not ego, just without the need that I have to talk with others, sometimes I enjoy the silence hehe). Anyone here plays solo sometimes too? what rank u got ?

thanks for input in advance

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm grabbing my alt account to play ranked solo. No way I'm dragging my main through the mud while playing ranked casually.

I'll get back to ya on that as soon as I get to CL20 (Im at 19 now).

Edit: My first placement match team Average 30 CL and other team 100+. 0-4 blowout. only 2 mics.
    Second placement match team average 45 other team 70's. NO mics and one afk dude. It was a setup match were we were winning 3-0 and they freaking creamed us.

Breaching a room beside you doesnt make a sound now?

No need to update any more matches. I think its safe to say that ranked is screwed enough for you to have to worry about a thing. Heck..I dont have to worry about playing casual in there..its less than casual.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    I solo queue most of the time, but I also have a few players I'll squad up with when they're online.

Solo can be a horrible time or a great time, it all depends on my teammates. I've met many randoms who were great players, gave good callouts, and knew how to cooperate with the team. I've also met many randoms who didn't communicate, didn't work together, and often times quit before the match was over.

I was Gold last season but so far for Season 3 I'm sitting at a low Silver. Looking forward to playing a few more matches with a squad to try and climb back up.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm working on the squad part. My point is there seems to be no form of matchmaking for the solo player whatsoever. It appears that team must be at least 3 players strong to be entered into the MMR system. It is what is and I can understand why Ubi cant make a proper Solo MMR for Casual or Ranked.

I would prefer no to draw my own conclusions though. Hint hint

For me, I aim to hit Platinum again this season and hit Diamond as my new goal. To do so, I feel strongly that you need a solid team with chemisty or a mojo. Playing with even 4 and a random, I do not have trust in someone I don't know, but that's me. I love playing Ranked for the challenge and the format of the matches, but I still hate the whole "lock you in place" system of the Ranking points, it forces me to have to be cautious about how many matches I win or lose as getting up and up becomes more difficult and seemingly tedious after a loss or two. If the system didn't eventually give you less and less upon win after awhile, I would be tempted to play Ranked by myself just to play Ranked, because then I'd have no worry of getting back up top. I believe this is why I see a lot of Diamonds and Platinums sit out of Ranked once they hit their goal, for fear of not getting back up after a loss since the pounts dwindle down to 20 and 30 a win after playing so much. I'm still fairly new to the game (started late this past July), but I love the competitiveness, longer matches, and the spawn choice of Ranked, I just hate the inevitable slow grind after playing too many matches and essentially be forced back into Casual for fear of losing Rank after so many matches.

Y1S4 I reached diamond solo and that was the last time I managed to do that. Maybe it's because I didn't play for a few months, maybe people got way better than me. I don't know. But every season now I can reach platinum 2 (3 max with a lot of dedication). Never played in teams or when I played it was still like 10% of the ranked games I do.

There is a huge problem with Ubisoft in that they are really inexperienced with multiplayer games. Their matchmaking is horrible.
    When you are playing solo, YOU SHOULD BE PUT IN A QUE WITH NO TEAMS WHATSOEVER. No exceptions, you might have to wait more especially in the mornings, but nobody wants a predefined game. It's disgusting how they are still allowing this. Teams shouldn't be so privileged.

I solo'd for the majority of Op Health. Was able to grind out of silver once I changed my mentality and quit trusting teammates and finished Gold 3. This season I've only played with my regular team or I've found one through Xbox's Looking For Group features and I'm already 2 games away from plat. I think I learned how to play more aggressively having to carry people while I was soloing so I'm probably a better player for it but I probably wouldn't recommend soloing unless you're like the OP and don't want to talk to people. The game feels completely different when you're on a full team of mics making calls and coordinating operator choices than it does when you're in a dead silent Solo lobby.

And nobody should assume that you'll have better matchmaking when you solo because the system can be more flexible with you. You'll still have very unbalanced games. But the coms between just 3+ squadmates will easily tilt the scales in your favor. That's why you see so many solo-ers complaining about going up against 5 stacks. I say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Teamkillers and friendly fire

I placed high silver last season then mid bronze this season.
    Now BACK TO BACK games I have players who are constantly shooting me till my life is at 10 and leaving me down.

UBISOFT needs to be aggressive on players who TK and just outright boot a player for overall damage done instead of teamkilling.

Originally Posted by xNordstadt Go to original post
    Im still new to the game and wanted to know if anyone is playing ranked solo? I know Its a teamgame and alot more fun with friends / clan etc. but I often enjoy playing on my own(not ego, just without the need that I have to talk with others, sometimes I enjoy the silence hehe). Anyone here plays solo sometimes too? what rank u got ?

I have only Solo Queued since the beginning of this game, I've pushed plat a couple times it's possible to even climb to diamond if you start early in the season. I won't lie it's not an easy thing to do some days but I think it ultimately can make you a better player, team communication isn't something you can rely on or simply a teammate having your back when your with randoms, so you must learn to play around it and work off your teammates positions, if a teammate comes running to your position and leaves another entrance open then you fill, this gives you great team awareness. It also sharpens your own callouts, when your playing with randoms you have to be quick and specific with your callouts, when your dead you can help locate easy kills for your teammates and win your team rounds off good callouts which can be just as satisfying as getting the kill yourself.

Speaking of being vocal this is actually one thing why I like playing solo Q is because when you start playing serious with teams they want to play in discord and it's non stop chatter all round with a specific player trying to be a shot caller. The in game mic system is much better and less chaotic on the ears, too many teams I've played on are so loud and trying to micro manage everyone that they miss the biggest key element of this game which is listening. It's one of the biggest reasons I enjoy solo Q is because you meet new people and your not stuck with the same old people barking orders. And games just seem to be a little more peaceful. You don't have your friend or buddy mad because they lost, you simply move on to another game with another hopeful group.

Over my time playing I've had hundres of people add me and want to play again and although sometimes I'll squad up I find it so much more enjoyable meeting new people.

Originally Posted by xNordstadt Go to original post

I do, and be prepared to be silver at best if you play solo because if you have a bad team you will louse game after game after game (and there are more bad randome teams than good randome teams), on the other hand i'v had some of my best games on solo ranked because once the team clicks, it clicks and you are doing ridiculus **** without the need for much comunication.