Difficulty slider changes race of character?

I read recently that the difficulty slider determines the color of your playable characters skin. Being a gamer for well over 30 years, and an avid consumer of Ubisoft products, I find this very disheartening. When I create a character for a game, I attempt to create an image in the likeness of myself. This feature effectively stops you from customizing your character, based on perceived, ill-advised prejudices found in our social climate. Video games are there to entertain and allow for an escape from reality. The last thing players want is developers pushing their warped world views on the consumers of their products. The difficulty and color of your characters skin should be left up to the player.

Grymmstrife's Avatar Member
    lol this is a South Park game we're talking about and something like this is exactly what you would expect from Matt and Trey. The Difficulty Slider is only one very small part of what is going to offend the non-SP fans.

A

The only offensive thing about the slider is that it isn't offensive, if they wanted to be offensive they should've made something a bit more real and factually less offensive but a whole Hurricane 9 level ****storm offensive to those that believe in the proclaimed racism/misogynism and so on. (as reality has blacks getting scholarships based on race where no white heterosexual - that isn't a SJW screamer - gets anything for free....outside of the windmills the SJW's attack and even worse; build up to then attack....)

You guys should just relax. Cartman literally says it doesn't affect combat while you're making this choice. It's a joke. When you fight the 6th graders is when you choose whether you want to pay on casual, heroic, or mastermind.

I don't think it actually makes any impact on the game, even financially. I've never been out of resources to make any objective purchases in all this time of playing as the darkest skinned character. I think they might just be making a reference to reality and the way that society treats people of different skin tones. Pretty grim commentary, really.