Thread: Jgaer&Bandit ACOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Forums

Originally Posted by jacob armitage Go to original post
    Changes to a very stale meta are good.
    change something that can be countered..?! like man you are making me crazy..when ubi changed the lighting it made it better but when they removed acogs from smoke,jager and bandit..defenders really lost a lot of advantage..i'm someone whose eyes can't see that good in reflex and holos..so i choose acogs..someone doesn't like acogs just uses reflex..it's a game not anyone's life..you hate getting spawn peeked counter it..train on it..like i got killed so much because i did some foolish tactics..so should i quit the game or learn it..siege was far better in the past,killing spawn peekers is some free kills guys..what's your problem..i enter a lot of matches with no spawn peek..like showing skills by aiming..not skill to adapt to every scope but to know how to lead your team to win..that's it not everything people crying about ubisoft just do it..we all spoke about ash and they said she is balanced..do you see she is balanced for real..and we are trying to adapt but to remove defence's best advantage the acogs from jager and bandit this is crazy and leaving attackers as they are..Ela and lesion aren't gonna end the match in a win against attackers everytime..but jager and bandit before had 99% to get a win everytime..now i wait until my attacking round to get some kills..defence just sucks now..

Again, the removal of the ACOG's had little to do with spawn peaking, it had nothing to do with things being "countered". It was because 3 speed characters could relocate after spawn peaking too easily, and because Bandit and Jager where, by far, the top picked characters towards high end play. Removing their ACOG's was lessening their kits to promote a wider use of play styles and expanding the meta.

All good changes.

Defenders are in a really strong spot this season even with the ACOG removal.

(also i have no idea what losing ACOG's has to do w/ your graphics settings?)

Originally Posted by jacob armitage Go to original post
    Again, the removal of the ACOG's had little to do with spawn peaking, it had nothing to do with things being "countered". It was because 3 speed characters could relocate after spawn peaking too easily, and because Banit and Jager where, by far, the top picked characters towards high end play. Removing their ACOG's was lessening their kits to promote a wider use of play styles and expanding the meta.

All good changes.

Defenders are in a really strong spot this season even with the ACOG removal.

(also i have no idea what losing ACOG's has to do w/ your graphics settings?)
    put your game in medium and go with a holo and try to kill some people..this is about graphics..

about relocation just reduce their speed and increase the recoil

it's everyone choice to choose any operator he prefers..i just have some good tactics with german defensive ops..so i will play them..not to make me play other ops that i can't counter their recoil and don't know how to use them much..like smoke,,he has a brutal smg 11 but i don't like it..even if it had acog i will still go jager and bandit..don't tell people what to play or make them..it's a game if you choose jager and bandit..others will choose the other operators so you will see them there too..didn't explain it for me yet..i don't care about the meta..i want to be better at a game and using good operators that make me win games..is just a good thing for me..not to oblige me to play some ops i don't like because my good ones suck hard now

i will leave now will continue it tomorrow..i need some sleep..just sorry if i said don't care about meta i want everyone to enjoy the game as i do..but don't let them enjoy it and make me boycott it soon..hope ubisoft understand that..ubi should give back acogs and make a vote in the forums..defense is really hard for me without acogs and good flanks..good angles always go with acogs..i can't kill someone peeking a hard angle with out a reflex and some **** graphics..i don't spawn peek btw again i just like jager and bandit as they were before

Jager Should have an ACOG Bandit should not he has an AR like almost all attackers. Why would his AR not have an ACOG like nearly all Attackers ARs do

Originally Posted by JTF1_Exists Go to original post
    i will leave now will continue it tomorrow..i need some sleep..just sorry if i said don't care about meta i want everyone to enjoy the game as i do..but don't let them enjoy it and make me boycott it soon..hope ubisoft understand that..ubi should give back acogs and make a vote in the forums..defense is really hard for me without acogs and good flanks..good angles always go with acogs..i can't kill someone peeking a hard angle with out a reflex and some **** graphics..i don't spawn peek btw again i just like jager and bandit as they were before
    +1

This is exactly how I feel about this as well, I have low end system/settings I need an acog to hold an angle and actually see the enemy. I cant see the enemy well at any kind of distance, all I see is blurry movement

UBISOFT Please listen: Less gimmicky defense systems (poison traps exploding ice cream cones which are the most annoying defense updates ever) and better aiming, movement, hitreg, h4x detection

You want ESL (eSports) prestige because I'm assuming this is your vision, do the above. It's all about fair competition and shooting and movement and excitement between players.......not being stunned with an ice cream cone like a rabbit unable to move then smashed in a hail of bullets

Just give acog back...

I think Jager and bandit should get their stuff back. Along with the the Smg 11. There is no sound reason for the removal of them in the first place.

From a design standpoint the change makes sense. You usually don't want speed and strong long distance attack power centered in one game element. And that is totally independent of genre. It is called the "glass cannon". They suck when used by inexperienced players and exponentially gain in strength the more skill the user has. At the top of the skill bar, fast glass cannons are nearly always OP.

In an RTS, a unit that is fast, has high attack speed and can outmanuever the enemey will always win when used by a skilled player. Using range and speed, the enemy gets worn down through hit & run tactics and by out-ranging the counter fire.

In a MOBA the same happens, and it requires team effort to corner the fast glass cannon (or CC, like stun, snare, etc.). Same goes for an MMO.

And the same also holds true for most action/shooter games (fast sniper with instant scope-switch and pinpoint accuracy, e.g. railgun in quake, or AWP in counter strike).

One parameter that is defining the counter-ability of the enemy is the reaction-time required and how much time it takes for proper target acquisition. The design decision here is how much of a window of opportunity to diminish the glass cannon's offensive power is being granted to the enemy. This sets the spectrum of what skill it takes to counter (or not).
    Typical mechanics for weakening fast glass cannons are set up times (sniper, heavy weapon setup, preperation phase of spell etc.).

Translating this to R6 Siege, I would say the correct form here would be a short time for the scope to be ready for use, other than just switching from hip-fire to sights-mode. Something like a stabilization time after each step of movement taken, combined with a real slow movement while in scope.

That way speed is not combined with attack power, but the user has to choose whether to utilize the speed part of his operator, or the attack power, as using both will diminish the other quality. So the result would be: Moving will destroy aim, and require short stabilizing time after movement, while dealing damage will destroy speed and require standstill.

It was the right move on Ubisoft's part. Now,before you answer stupidly,because you only want to say that people couldn't watch for spawn peekers,I almost never died because of them. The whole game's aim is for defenders to protect the OBJECTIVE ROOM,not the whole building. This,coupled with the fact that Bandit and Jager are very strong operators,with Jager being the easiest defense operator to pick until the release of Ela (it is not a coincidence every Ash main is also a Jager main,two ops that require no skill at all), brought to acog removal. And it was only right to do so. People who really wanted to keep their acogs say that the fault is of those who couldn't defend themselves from spawn peeking (and spawn killing is just supid). Yet I ask you,isn't it the other way around? Maybe you guys whine because you can only do so without acog A good player,being a 3 speed roamer,does not need any acog to kill. Ever seen a Cav with acog? No? You got your answer.

P.S: What Bogdanov89 said about dropshotting? Totally true.

Originally Posted by ChainedHawk Go to original post
    The whole game's aim is for defenders to protect the OBJECTIVE ROOM,not the whole building.
    Yeah, why even make the rest of the map, when the map can just be one room? /sarcasm

The ability to use an entire map is what some people call 'tactics'.
     1 people found this helpful