Thread: No new info? | Forums

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by Canadian Beer42 Go to original post
    I’m very confident that the multiplayer is gonna make it to the final product. They have a forum dedicated especially for it.
    Maybe you meant dedicated to the Map editor?..?

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Playstation Network and Xbox Store still say Network 2-12 players, I believe it will be available at launch, would be good to hear something to stop peoples doubt and anxiety.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...5&ageYear=1973
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]Network Players 2-12 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer[/COLOR]

multi player was mentioned when they announce the game so they have been working on it all along

i do not think they would start it part way thru developement and realize they do not have time and scrap it after revealing it in the first place

it is not even the developers that control when it is announced there is a whole marketing team that works on each game who make the choice when to reveal all the major parts and what they can talk about that is why you sometimes hear a developer say there is someone off camera who will kill them if they say something that is a marketing or pr person

Thank you Steve
    But why would any retailer except PSS remove the multiplayer infos?

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    Thank you Steve
    But why would any retailer except PSS remove the multiplayer infos?
    I really do not know, the official site used to say something like this "play your creations alone or with friends" Which was why we thought that solo and multiplayer maps would be possible, I don't want to get dragged into the negativity so am hoping news will filter through to confirm what the game will ship with so SP / COOP / PVP / Map Editor if any of those won't make it then it would be nice to know.

Sony's site says Free Far Cry 5 Content only with PS4 and with Sony having their branding on some of the official videos I would expect them to be in the know it would look bad if they are saying 2-12 players if that is not correct they would be pissed so I am in belief that PvP is a go with 12 players online.

Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    I really do not know, the official site used to say something like this "play your creations alone or with friends".
    That's why i jumped to conclusions. Removing those from the official site is very suspicious..

Maybe they are in the process of changing or updating something, that that other info is either irrelevant, or the changes havent been finalized.

Originally Posted by akilyoung Go to original post
    Maybe they are in the process of changing or updating something, that that other info is either irrelevant, or the changes havent been finalized.
    Meaning that the PSS is outdated ?

Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    Maybe you meant dedicated to the Map editor?..?
    Oh my bad, I thought I remembered there was a forum dedicated to the possible “multiplayer.”

But I’m sure there still will be a multiplayer because didn’t the back cover say it was gonna have up to 8 players or something?

Originally Posted by Canadian Beer42 Go to original post
    didn’t the back cover say it was gonna have up to 8 players or something?
    These infos were all over the place (including official pages) and have now disappeared. It's also the first time that i see a feature listed on major retailers to then later be recanted. For sure if that's the case (that there is no MP) then PS Store is getting into troubles because the payment for pre-orders on their platform is immediate.