Thread: No new info? | Forums

multi player was mentioned when they announce the game so they have been working on it all along

i do not think they would start it part way thru developement and realize they do not have time and scrap it after revealing it in the first place

it is not even the developers that control when it is announced there is a whole marketing team that works on each game who make the choice when to reveal all the major parts and what they can talk about that is why you sometimes hear a developer say there is someone off camera who will kill them if they say something that is a marketing or pr person

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Thank you Steve
    But why would any retailer except PSS remove the multiplayer infos?

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    Thank you Steve
    But why would any retailer except PSS remove the multiplayer infos?
    I really do not know, the official site used to say something like this "play your creations alone or with friends" Which was why we thought that solo and multiplayer maps would be possible, I don't want to get dragged into the negativity so am hoping news will filter through to confirm what the game will ship with so SP / COOP / PVP / Map Editor if any of those won't make it then it would be nice to know.

Sony's site says Free Far Cry 5 Content only with PS4 and with Sony having their branding on some of the official videos I would expect them to be in the know it would look bad if they are saying 2-12 players if that is not correct they would be pissed so I am in belief that PvP is a go with 12 players online.

Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    I really do not know, the official site used to say something like this "play your creations alone or with friends".
    That's why i jumped to conclusions. Removing those from the official site is very suspicious..

Maybe they are in the process of changing or updating something, that that other info is either irrelevant, or the changes havent been finalized.

Originally Posted by akilyoung Go to original post
    Maybe they are in the process of changing or updating something, that that other info is either irrelevant, or the changes havent been finalized.
    Meaning that the PSS is outdated ?

Maybe you meant dedicated to the Map editor?..?
    Oh my bad, I thought I remembered there was a forum dedicated to the possible “multiplayer.”

But I’m sure there still will be a multiplayer because didn’t the back cover say it was gonna have up to 8 players or something?

Originally Posted by Canadian Beer42 Go to original post
    didn’t the back cover say it was gonna have up to 8 players or something?
    These infos were all over the place (including official pages) and have now disappeared. It's also the first time that i see a feature listed on major retailers to then later be recanted. For sure if that's the case (that there is no MP) then PS Store is getting into troubles because the payment for pre-orders on their platform is immediate.

AW LOST SOLDIER's Avatar FC Elite Member
    ---XB1 club ----------FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB
    These infos were all over the place (including official pages) and have now disappeared. It's also the first time that i see a feature listed on major retailers to then later be recanted. For sure if that's the case (that there is no MP) then PS Store is in muddy waters because the payment for pre-orders is immediate.
    It's all very very strange. the longer it goes on with no mp or map editor info the more concerned i get. why be so secretive, all ubisoft has to say is yes there will be competitive pvp, i mean the earth wont stop turning if they just say it. investors wont pull out if they just say it. all speculation would end if they just say it.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    My guess would be that considering MP was basically confirmed in the press release when they announced the game they are under the impression they have said it. Why the marketing teams feel they don't need to discuss MP at all for this long and focus solely on the SP though is beyond me. I definitely don't understand what the reasoning for keeping MP out of the marketing for so long is,

Honestly think it'd be better to shift promotional focus to it because it'll help keep any more of the SP from being spoiled while at the same time squashing all this doubt some people have about MP's very existence. I mean we already know what the first 3 hours or so after the game starts looks like yet know zilch about MP itself. They have to realize that keeping the MP portion secreted away until very close to release at the very least implies a lack of confidence in it. When you won't talk about a fairly major component at all, people are going to assume it's because it's not very good and many will write it off before even bothering to find out whether that is even the case or not....