Gladiator full guide/tutorial

Hello all!

So Gladiator is out and seems to be very strong but not completely OP which is a good change of pace from season 2 lol.

i just watched this really good in depth guide on the Gladiator that goes over all the basics and a lot of the advanced stuff, and seeing as there are going to be loads of people looking to learn the gladiator and i have seen some new players on the forums lately i thought id share the video for anyone interested!

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHhkaRKletM

The gladiator really does feel great to play and i can't wait to see how everyone reacts to him once they get a chance to play him next week!

Hope the guide helps you all as much as it helped me out.

Have a good one!

Alustar.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Lol, Glad is PK on east mode, I'm surprised they felt the need to make a vid for it. Granted it does make sense that it would come out so quickly, not like there is a whole lot of depth to her.

Originally Posted by alustar24 Go to original post
    Lol, Glad is PK on east mode, I'm surprised they felt the need to make a vid for it. Granted it does make sense that it would come out so quickly, not like there is a whole lot of depth to her.
    I would say that a more accurate statement would be the skill floor is lower on gladiator..I wouldn't say he's easier compared to PK though just because light light is basically confirmed on PK until high skill level. that combined with her cancel zone.

There isn't much to understand about glad. But because you can pretty much loop anything into anything with gladiator and continue mixing up the skill ceiling for glad is pretty high. Something i've been doing that I haven't seen much of yet is feinting skewer into toe stab. or throwing the person into the wall after a successful skewer to start another mix up game.

the options that gladiator has is damn near endless. it's pretty scary.

Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    I would say that a more accurate statement would be the skill floor is lower on gladiator..I wouldn't say he's easier compared to PK though just because light light is basically confirmed on PK until high skill level. that combined with her cancel zone.

There isn't much to understand about glad. But because you can pretty much loop anything into anything with gladiator and continue mixing up the skill ceiling for glad is pretty high. Something i've been doing that I haven't seen much of yet is feinting skewer into toe stab. or throwing the person into the wall after a successful skewer to start another mix up game.

the options that gladiator has is damn near endless. it's pretty scary.
    Yeah the skewer off deflect or the unblockable are guaranteed heavies if there is a wall nearby or a daze if they are against the wall already so both playing as and against the gladiator situational awareness is key.

Alustar.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    Yeah the skewer off deflect or the unblockable are guaranteed heavies if there is a wall nearby or a daze if they are against the wall already so both playing as and against the gladiator situational awareness is key.
    So glad Highlander has hyper armor, makes getting through those light hits easier.

DrinkinMyStella's Avatar Senior Member
    PK and Valk definitely gave birth to this gladiator

haha yep and centurion was watching when they made the gladiator :P

UbiNoty's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Metastopholis Go to original post
    Hello all!

So Gladiator is out and seems to be very strong but not completely OP which is a good change of pace from season 2 lol.

i just watched this really good in depth guide on the Gladiator that goes over all the basics and a lot of the advanced stuff, and seeing as there are going to be loads of people looking to learn the gladiator and i have seen some new players on the forums lately i thought id share the video for anyone interested!

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHhkaRKletM

The gladiator really does feel great to play and i can't wait to see how everyone reacts to him once they get a chance to play him next week!

Hope the guide helps you all as much as it helped me out.

Have a good one!
    Glad to hear you're enjoying him and we can't wait for everyone else to get their hands on him next week either!
    More data and feedback us! Make Damien and Roman happy by leaving your feedback on him whenever you get a chance!