Thread: Add in-game texting for xbox one and ps4 version | Forums

Add in-game texting for xbox one and ps4 version

Both xbox one and ps4 have chatpad keyboard so this would be another form of communication if someone doesn't want to use the mic. Having both r6s for the pc and console i notice that being able to communicate with either text or chat is better than being forced to use a mic only. Thanks please bring this feature to consoles.
     3 people found this helpful

No! Unless I can turn it off. Trolls don't need another tool to do their job. They're bad enough. And I don't want more clutter on my screen distracting me.

Originally Posted by the big JAY19 Go to original post
    No! Unless I can turn it off. Trolls don't need another tool to do their job. They're bad enough. And I don't want more clutter on my screen distracting me.
    Ignore this. I actually agree. Having another form of communication is fine with me. After all you don't see anyone here complaining about the in-game text chat on the pc version.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by southsensation1 Go to original post
    Ignore this idiot. I actually agree. Having another form of communication is fine with me. After all you don't see anyone here complaining about the in-game text chat on the pc version.
    We should know that Bandit is spawn peaking by the time we all die. Jk. I play PC but I wouldn't want this functionality on xbox because I'd accidentally select it and not be able to play for a few moments

I would like it myself, though perhaps only for your team.

Yes we need this. PS4 text is very quick, with your most used words popping up when you type a letter. It would save me a lot of time, instead of having to load profiles to tell them they're ping f*cking me.

the main issue is the lack of keys by default to assign a text chat hotkey. Add onto that people not using chat pad would have to use joystick/dpad navigation which is slow. maybe with a chat pad requirement.

Originally Posted by the big JAY19 Go to original post
    On PC you can turn off the chat so I imagine if they did this you would be able to as well

Originally Posted by Hunt3rForce_ Go to original post
    the main issue is the lack of keys by default to assign a text chat hotkey. Add onto that people not using chat pad would have to use joystick/dpad navigation which is slow. maybe with a chat pad requirement.
    I use the xbox one controller to play on the pc version as well and the chatpad I use on the controller is perfectly fine, no issues.

People that don't have a chatpad shouldn't be able to use in-game text chat at all.

Originally Posted by KntukyFrydPorky Go to original post
    People that don't have a chatpad shouldn't be able to use in-game text chat at all.
    *or keyboards

Originally Posted by jacob armitage Go to original post
    *or keyboards
    It's not a fluid experience. I haven't used my keyboard when I'm playing the pc version with my controller even though it is right in front of me because holding a controller and typing on a keyboard isn't comfortable and convenient. Are you going to have a keyboard on your lap the whole time playing r6s on consoles? I guess you can but it's not like having a chatpad where it's just one quick effortless motion with your thumbs. If it's possible though why not I'm not against it.