BIPODS for stability

Any plans to add bipods in the game? Specially when using a machine gun. The best way to lay suppressive fire is laying down at the prone with a machinegun and its bipod or laying the bipod on an object to stabilize the weapon. The "Tank" class might not be too popular on PVP if the weapon just sprays all over the place but not hit it's target suppresively and accuratelly.
     1 people found this helpful

I've been beating this proverbial drum for a while. Their exclusion makes ZERO sense considering the usefulness of the prone firing position and the increased engagement distances this game provides. Bipods are sorely needed for both LMGs, and long rifles. Their exclusion is even more baffling when you consider also that bipods were available in FS's gunsmith. Makes no sense.

LMGs also need actual ranged optics (AT LEAST a 4x).
     2 people found this helpful

Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    I couldn't agree more.....

+1 for bipods and magnified optics on MG's
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Iudex's Avatar Community Representative
    Seems as though these bipods have a decent bit of support going for them. As of the moment I'm not aware of any development plans for these implemented into the game, but I've just made a note so as to get everyone's sentiment regarding them shared on over.

Originally Posted by rop1980 Go to original post
    Any plans to add bipods in the game? Specially when using a machine gun. The best way to lay suppressive fire is laying down at the prone with a machinegun and its bipod or laying the bipod on an object to stabilize the weapon. The "Tank" class might not be too popular on PVP if the weapon just sprays all over the place but not hit it's target suppresively and accuratelly.
    For shooting someone at only 650 meters or less and you need a bi-pod? None of the LMG spray bullets all over the place. it's lack of control with your mouse, that's causing that problem. Try pushing the mouse forward when you shoot. You will see it will help keep it on target for you. Also use short bursts instead of long firing the weapon. Last go the weapon accessories and put the fore grip on if it has one.

Originally Posted by jsocfrog Go to original post
    +1, bipods and optics were supremely lacking in this game!!!! most LMGs given the right stability and optics can easily work as solid rifles >200m!
    Tier One Mode Mk-48 Level 30 shooting targets at 450 meters all day without problems killing them. Also had best bullet penetration for going through two buildings and still killing the target. Makes the HTI look like crap compared to using this.

Originally Posted by USASgtNickFury Go to original post
    For shooting someone at only 650 meters or less and you need a bi-pod? None of the LMG spray bullets all over the place. it's lack of control with your mouse, that's causing that problem. Try pushing the mouse forward when you shoot. You will see it will help keep it on target for you. Also use short bursts instead of long firing the weapon. Last go the weapon accessories and put the fore grip on if it has one.
    The issue most of us are having is on console when aiming and shooting the LMGs. The most accurate LMG is the Llamativo but even with short bursts you don't have good stability as you would with a bipod. LMGs are meant to lay suppresive fire on an area target. MPCs on this game are not suppressed and rarely take cover when you shoot at them unless it's a sniper, all others usually keep shooting regardless if you shoot near them or not. Some of us were thought and used LMGs during infantry school and deployments are know that LMGs are the most casualty producing weapons when used correctly i.e. stabilized. A few bullets from an LMG should incapacitate or kill the target immediately due to their effective suppressive fire. But it's just a game and if it's not changed I'm nit bothered, I'm satisfied with the game overall.

Originally Posted by USASgtNickFury Go to original post
    It is what you would call a matter of principle.

You don't shoot crew served machine guns standing up, you get down, get the gun on bipod and if you have to, move to tripod. You can shoot a m249 or similar sized weapon standing for a short period of time to react to contact, or running through a building however, you will be down on a knee then laying down very soon after the engagement starts providing fire for your element leader situation depending.

What you do with machine guns is "FIX" the enemy providing overwhelming fire power on an area target, while you "FINISH" the enemy with HE, or mortars for example.

Working on a small team i.e. 4v4 PVP, the ability to add that realism to the game would be benificial IMO. I would suggest that when the player lays down and has the bipod attachment enabled, the spray diameter just gets bit smaller and the overall feedback (recoil) diminishes. I am pretty sure that could be coded in, I don't know because I'm not a big brain.

Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with a lot of what's being said here in favor of bipods. I think it could also add some balance to these weapons and their classes. ....making some weapons more relevant than they are now and even the roles that people play.