Thread: PCFar Cry 4 doesnt start. | Forums

Far Cry 4 doesnt start.

I had bought farcry4 from flipkart and install into my computer succesfully and also update but when I launch the game it doesnt start, it just keeps loading
    I had reinstalling the game many times see more and more videos but result is nothing
    please solve my problem as soon as possible.
    my system confugaration are following-

https://gyazo.com/5e93120e3180563734ecfab0ee9bf99e

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    System type x64 bits
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020 @ 2.90GHz 1 Core, 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Intalled Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 7.49 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 1.5 TB
    Available Virtual Memory 1396 GB

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    your too far below the minimum system requirements ..no the game will not run on that system, you need a quad CORE cpu

Dual Core cpu's are not supported ..yes you need a quad core cpu

see http://www.pcper.com/news/Processors...scape-Shifting

and http://wccftech.com/death-gaming-dual-core/

you also need a video card better then an Nvidia GTX 460 or AMD HD5850 with at least 1 gig of dedicated Video Ram
    *Note Direct X 10 class video cards will not work *

and a 64 bit operating system as well as at least 4 gig of system ram

you should have read the system requirements on the store page before you bought the game
    you should never buy or install software if your PC does not meet the minimum system requirements

Minimum supported Intel CPU is a QUAD CORE
    http://ark.intel.com/products/42915/...Cache-2_66-GHz
    # of Cores 4 = Physical processors
    # of Threads 4 = Logical processors

Minimum supported AMD CPU is a QUAD CORE
    http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AM...5FBGMBOX).html
    The number of cores 4 = Physical processors
    The number of threads 4 = Logical processors

Far Cry 4 Minimum Requirements
    MINIMUM
    OS: Windows® 7 (SP1) / Windows® 8 / Windows® 8.1 / (64-bit only)
    Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel® Core™ i5-750 or 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 <--*note* both are Quad core CPU's
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1 GB VRAM)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
    Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller.

RECOMMENDED:
    OS: Windows® 7 (SP1) / Windows® 8 / Windows® 8.1 / (64-bit only)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel® Core™ i5-2400S or 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350 or better
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2 GB VRAM)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
    Additional Notes: Supported video cards at the time of release: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better, GeForce GTX 700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, Radeon R9 series.

Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

SORRY MAN, YOU NEED TO UPGRADE TO PLAY FAR CRY 4

many of this games main assets run off CPU core 3 (or on an I3 Hyperthreded CPU thread 3 )

if you have a straight up dual core CPU there is no core or thread #3 for to load the game on = black screen

core #4 seems to come into play when you open the map edit program and it takes a decent CPU to run

cores or threads number 1 and 2 are also in use for both the main game as well as the map edit program or possibly in use for windows and Uplay achievments to work properly

as to video cards

Nvidia GT series video cards as well as Intel video chipsets and some AMD chipsests do not provide enough memory bandwidth or have low pixel and vertex shader counts that will not allow the game to load properly , Direct X 10 video cards do not even support Direct X 11 shader model 5.0

many Nvidia GT series cards as well as some low end AMD products and all Intel chipsets use slower older DDR3 memory (intel ones use your shared System memory)

not dedicated GDDR5 video memory, this cuts down on the amount of memory bandwidth the game has to load and draw the textures , end result will = black screen

this also may be why it says in the minimum system requirements

Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported. <------

Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post
    With that said, if you're feeling adventurous, perhaps the 'Dual core workaround' at https://steamcommunity.com/app/29811...6851224874726/ might work. BE CAREFUL though, it's not at all supported. But hey, if you really want to try running the game...
    .an yep = a game crack

some thing that is prohibited even on the steam forums .. and if you have an issue with that crack like a virus .. yea your on your own

but Steve he has a slow end GPU so even if it runs it';s gonna run like real bad on an AMD 4330 .. well now i know your a hacker and a pirate Steve and really man ... DX 10 GPU ?? are ya kiddin me >:lol

right on a developers forum? your gonna post a link to a crack ? hope they ban your account too

Same probbs here

I have a workstation with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit and 2X Intel Xeon CPU E6-2699 v3, 18 cores, 64GB ram . Far cry 4 and 3 does not start anymore after upgrading to this workstation The Graphic card is a GTX 1080

Will Far Cry 3, 4 or 5 ever work with this setup?

//Patrik