Thread: Questions about the Dark Zone | Forums

Questions about the Dark Zone

Haven't visited the Dark Zone yet (leveling up on the rest of Manhattan at the moment) and I have a few questions.

When killing other players in the DZ, you get a part of their DZ credits. Do you take also their gear? And conversely, do you lose your gear if killed by another player?

Standard credits are unaffected by what happens inside the DZ, is this correct?

Thanks for enlightening me.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Im not sure where the credits are at this present time as i dont think ive bought anything from a DZ vendor in about a year but while in the DZ, if you have items in your backpack and get killed, you could lose none, some or all of them, im not sure how they determine what drops but say you hvae 9 items in your bag and get killed, sometimes all 9 items will drop PUBLIC any anyone else can pick them up, sometimes you will drop 5 items PRIVATE/4 items PUBLIC at which time the PUBLIC items would have the potential to be stolen but the PRIVATE items will be there for you to go and retrieve and sometimes everything you have will drop PRIVATE and you can get it all back. You cannot lose anything you already own or have extracted.

meathead_79's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont think you lose anything anymore. Honestly, I have not PVP'd in the DZ since 1.5. And in the rare occassion, I do go in, I never pick up items, just clear out landmarks and get the free stuff.

TheToxicAgent's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by captnemox Go to original post
    Haven't visited the Dark Zone yet (leveling up on the rest of Manhattan at the moment) and I have a few questions.

When killing other players in the DZ, you get a part of their DZ credits. Do you take also their gear? And conversely, do you lose your gear if killed by another player?
    Standard credits are unaffected by what happens inside the DZ, is this correct?

Thanks for enlightening me.
    1. No
    2. Whatever is in their loot bag, not on their body. You can't strip them naked if that's what you're asking. Pervert.
    3. No. Only what's in your loot bag. They cant strip you naked either. Pervert.
    4. Yes.

All other DZ questions, ask the nice polite vendors in the checkpoints or safe houses. They're always helpful.

> You cannot lose anything you already own or have extracted.

So, a player cannot lose:

- all the gear he already owns before entering the DZ, and
    - all the gear he acquires inside the DZ and has extracted via heli

Is this right? What about DZ credits?

Apologies for asking all these questions but I didn't find much info online (there isn't a game manual) and apparently the game mechanics sometimes change with each release.

D-Y-N-4-M-0's Avatar Senior Member
    All extracted loot goes to your stash. If its been extracted its yours to keep unless you sell it or dismantle it.

You can lock your loot to stop you from accidentally selling or dismantling it.

Only loot that is in your bag (up to 9 items) before extraction, can be stolen by others. You don't lose DZ credits unless you die as a rogue as far as I understand.

So finally to answer your questions, these two lines are correct.

- all the gear he already owns before entering the DZ, and
    - all the gear he acquires inside the DZ and has extracted via heli
     1 people found this helpful