Why do you have to pay real money for near enough everything in this game?

1200 credits to buy a pack of solid colours for my guns. Or something as simple as a magnum pistol. After buying this game when it came out for full price I can't help but feel insulted. This is the kind of thing I would expect to see in a free to play game.

I feel nobody is talking about this and just blindly accepting the fact and paying for something that really should have been in the game to begin with. Why isn't there a renown system like in rainbow six siege instead? At least that way paying to unlock content would only be optional if you want the complete package to start with.

And before you say things like "its only cosmetic" etc that besides the point. If you pay full price for a game you should be able to at least paint your gun blue or red. Something you could literally fill bucket tool in paint is now premium content.

Some of us gamers aren't made of money.

Rant over.
     7 people found this helpful

I for one totally agree. The DLC madness has become crazy. So much, seeing all the problems UBI-games have on launch, I believe it gotta affect the quality of development. It's like they early on prioritize how they can milk the game instead of getting a functional well thought-out game made and ready for launch.

I was just in looking at Watch Dog 2, and geez ... tons of DLC crap at crazy prizes. Personally I have totally stopped buying DLCs due to its exploitations, and I encourage people to do the same. DLCs can have its place, as long as its proper content or if you can farm your way to it if you want to. Currently its just exploitation, revamp content with very little effort, at high prizes. Every UBI game are like 5/6 regular games now if you want all the DLCs.
     2 people found this helpful

KingSpawn1979's Avatar Senior Member
    The TE is absolutely right. It's a shame. Simply a Shame. But it isn't Ubisoft alone.
    Almost every Game gets released unfinished, with ****loads of Microtransactions and such Stuff. Some Games are completely designed to focus on the Ingame Shops.

And it gets even worse when I see more and more Games come in Episodes.

Why all this? Because we buy their Games. Still. No matter how much we complain.

That's why I love my Classic Consoles and DosBox. A good Way to remember the Time when Games where designed to please the Customers and not the Stockholders.
     3 people found this helpful

I would agree if the game would not have dozens of colors for weapons and a very high number of combinable clothing & gear options included for free. It is really not necessary to extend that options by buying packs to create something unique/appealing.

Still I personally feel most of the shop items are not worth the money, but that's up to everybody for him/herself to decide.

Hell, I'd pay money just to get all of those stupid colors off of my list, as well as all of the ridiculous Halloween costumes/accessories/face paints.

Capitalism 101... nothing wrong with it.

You don't have to pay if you don't want/need it... it is there for those who can not live with just the ones already in the game. If you have disposable currency, they have the perfect way of taking it off your hands.

I just wish they would spend the same amount of money polishing the game that they do thinking of ways how to take people's money with these micro transactions.

Because they want to rip you off with stupid cosmetics for a multiplayer game where it seems neither me nor anyone I know can actually ****ing join a public multiplayer game any more.

They should be fixing their broken ****ing servers before wasting time on over priced cosmetic content.

Hell, I'd pay money just to get all of those stupid colors off of my list, as well as all of the ridiculous Halloween costumes/accessories/face paints.
    I guess there is kind of a divide in the community when it comes to the more out there skins for guns. I guess some people prefer a more serious approach but I guess I'm the kind of guy that enjoys the idea of painting my guns strange colors and creating a character that really stands out from the rest.

You don't have to pay if you don't want/need it
    Still besides the point though. They are literally selling colours for money and its only going to continue if people keep supporting that. We may not "need" to paint our gun purple but that doesn't mean we should have to pay for it if we do want to. I like to compare this to something like Rainbow Six Siege. Colours may not be up everyones alley but they are optionally available for in game earnable currency. Also I consider solid colours to be kind of the essential default skin for weapons. Like the thing you would have available at level 1.

But it isn't Ubisoft alone.
    Almost every Game gets released unfinished, with ****loads of Microtransactions and such Stuff. Some Games are completely designed to focus on the Ingame Shops.
    Very true. DLC gets announced for games nowadays pretty much as soon as the base game gets revealed. Companies deliberately leave out huge chunks of a story just to force people to pay more to experience it in full.

I miss the days when we played to win. Not paid to win.

I'm an older gamer and I miss the days where you were able to unlock things. It seems the unlockables of the past are now all micro transactions. The thing is, you have to fight hard to not support the pay model. Too many people pay up for it so it makes sense for companies to keep pushing it.

You know I'd like to unlock new clothes and gadgets with season play but paying for any of that is ridiculous.

I'd really like to rock the WW2 helmet and jacket but I'm not paying for that.

Originally Posted by HoxoTron Go to original post
    1200 credits to buy a pack of solid colours for my guns. Or something as simple as a magnum pistol. After buying this game when it came out for full price I can't help but feel insulted. This is the kind of thing I would expect to see in a free to play game.

I feel nobody is talking about this and just blindly accepting the fact and paying for something that really should have been in the game to begin with. Why isn't there a renown system like in rainbow six siege instead? At least that way paying to unlock content would only be optional if you want the complete package to start with.

And before you say things like "its only cosmetic" etc that besides the point. If you pay full price for a game you should be able to at least paint your gun blue or red. Something you could literally fill bucket tool in paint is now premium content.

Some of us gamers aren't made of money.

Rant over.
    The days of getting a full Ubisoft game for $60 is long gone, Pretty sure recently Ubi said they want most people to spend $200 on each game and even then you would not get a "complete" game.

At least he finds it hilarious trying to extract as much money out of us as possible

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►