What do you all think? I don't know enough about the plane, or any plane for that matter, to expect it to fly one way or another, but I'm thrilled with the spit.

It's got superb firepower, rolls well, turns even better, but doesn't feel uber. Mabye it's just because it hasn't as yet been labelled as such, but I don't feel like I'm cheating the way I do in an La7 or Yak3.

I also was wondering if and how the CW models differ from the standard models aside from the improved turn rate.

What do you all think? I don't know enough about the plane, or any plane for that matter, to expect it to fly one way or another, but I'm thrilled with the spit.

It's got superb firepower, rolls well, turns even better, but doesn't feel uber. Mabye it's just because it hasn't as yet been labelled as such, but I don't feel like I'm cheating the way I do in an La7 or Yak3.

I also was wondering if and how the CW models differ from the standard models aside from the improved turn rate.

Quick impression;

-roll is decent
    -firepower is very good
    -turn is incredible, like a Yak or Zero.
    -disappointed with cockpit, external model looks very nice.

Formerly Kyrule2
    http://www.jg51.com/

BuzzU's Avatar Senior Member
    It feels like a Yak. I'm not sure it's right, but that's what we have.

Buzz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

As a noob (I've only been playing since Christmas), I've spent most of my time practicing in a Yak3, and I don't think they feel the same. I think the Spit's more stable than a Yak, at least in low speed maneuvering.

thats great to hear!!

does the non clipped spit turn better then teh clipped btw?

I think the Spit is alot easier to stall than a Yak-3 or 9.

As I said in my original post, yes the CW spit turns better. I'd still like to know if there are any other differences. I imagine there must be, though I haven't noticed any.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    I imagined the Spitfire would be a bit like a Yak. The Yak's are somewhat similar to the Spitfire in design and in use and while they aren't the same plane they certainly share characteristics.

I don't have AEP yet...but I'm sure it will be fun.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Precog's Avatar Junior Member
    I think most people will be pleased with the Spitfire, except for the roll-rate on the clipped wing versions where i didnt notice muc difference.

The Spit V is far from Uber. It has a moderate roll-rate and avergage top speed , howerver, its turn-rate appears to be very good and will be its strongest assit. Not sure about climb rate as i have no data to compare it with.

It is however very easy to fly as its almost impossible to stall, stability at high speed seems good and the cockpit nice.

If you can handle yourself with the MkV in FB, then it will be a dream come true when the upcoming MkIX is released with its improved top speed, climb-rate and firepower.

Overall, One and three-quater thumbs up

Check Six!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►