Thread: Sorry state of Division Servers | Forums

Sorry state of Division Servers

Kidding, just trying to get a CM to comment on the sorry state of servers, and since this kind of stuff is the only thing the reply too quickly...i may have fibbed (sorry, but for a good reason)....what would be great is if they reply to the netcode thread that has been on their front page (you know, the biggest thread) for over 2 weeks.

#DoYourJob

Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey,

Fixed the title for you. Please name your posts appropriately next time.

As for commenting on this matter, we have on numerous occasions said that we are looking into it and have forwarded the issue internally.

Latency issues are not as clear cut as some other issues might be, the root cause can be tricky to find. We are however aware of latency issues being present in the game and are looking into them. I don't mind the targeted nature of this post towards us, but it would help us if you could provide some more details in the future that might help us with finding the cause.

• What geographical region are you in?
    • Are any parts of the map and/or game modes particularly effected by this?

If you are tech-savvy and know how, could you check where your network traffic to the game is being routed to? If not, just ignore this question.

Lastly, i will be moving this to the Technical Support sub-forum.

/ Johan

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Johan Go to original post
    Hey,

As for commenting on this matter, we have on numerous occasions said that we are looking into it and have forwarded the issue internally.

Latency issues are not as clear cut as some other issues might be, the root cause can be tricky to find. We are however aware of latency issues being present in the game and are looking into them. I don't mind the targeted nature of this post towards us, but it would help us if you could provide some more details in the future that might help us with finding the cause.

If you are tech-savvy and know how, could you check where your network traffic to the game is being routed to? If not, just ignore this question.

/ Johan
    What about the RPM hack issues? That is something you could easily fix to head off the Massive use CronusMax controllers in this game lately. I can deal with the lag, heals not working etc, at least everyone has to deal with those as well but the cheating is becoming more rampant every day. It seems like an easy fix to limit the RPMs of guns, so why do yall continue to let this ruin so many experiences daily?

Hey,

/ Johan
    are you going to respond to the 50 other people on the largest thread on the front page...or respond here, move it...and hope no one else sees it....lol...

Oh..and go make videos for you lol....

I will go make a video for your company when you come over and cut my grass and wash my car....If im going to do your job, i wouldnt mind if you helped me out a bit with some of my stuff.

nope, but you see how quick you got a response to this thread when you named it as you did. Funny how they can respond and change this thread within 15 minutes but cant answer any of the countless threads actually on the main page that need answers. Until i see something being done about the RPM hacks using modded controllers and CronusMax, my group and i are out. Usually its here and there but everytime i tried to play Friday and Saturday it was just so rampant that we all just quit. I refuse to spend unknown amounts of time grinding only to get wrecked by a bunch of cheaters constantly. The saddest part is, this is easily fixed, they've done it with certain guns but instead of any kind of insight that it would spread to others, they fixed 1 or 2 guns that were being abused at the time instead of just fixing the problem altogether. IF a mod can give me just one decent explanation of why they are allowing these RPM hacks to exists im more than willing to listen but really this just seems like such an easy fix that is being ignored, for what reason is what baffles me.

Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    What about the RPM hack issues? That is something you could easily fix to head off the Massive use CronusMax controllers in this game lately. I can deal with the lag, heals not working etc, at least everyone has to deal with those as well but the cheating is becoming more rampant every day. It seems like an easy fix to limit the RPMs of guns, so why do yall continue to let this ruin so many experiences daily?
    We are aware of it and if i am not mistaken, it is actively being looked into.

Originally Posted by CaptainSmokiee Go to original post
    are you going to respond to the 50 other people on the largest thread on the front page...or respond here, move it...and hope no one else sees it....lol...

Oh..and go make videos for you lol....

I will go make a video for your company when you come over and cut my grass and wash my car....If im going to do your job, i wouldnt mind if you helped me out a bit with some of my stuff.
    I never asked you to create a video. I asked you to answer two short, clear cut questions if you had the time to spare. This would actually aid us in finding the issue, as opposed to just venting your frustrations.

/ Johan

We are aware of it and if i am not mistaken, it is actively being looked into.

/ Johan
    actively being looked into? Its been a huge problem for months, multiple updates and patches have been implemented since its been an issue and yall even fixed a few guns that were being abused by it but for some reason couldnt foresee that it would spread to other weapons once you took away their current crutch, i think thats my biggest gripe with it, that yall know its been an issue and put a band aid one a couple of guns instead of just fixing the issue. The sasg is twice as deadly with the hack as the m870 ever was and yall jumped all over that, fix this crap please or just tell us you arent doing anything against CronusMax users so i can move on completely instead of wishing for obvious changes that will never happen. .

Corrupt_be's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey,

• What geographical region are you in? BELGIUM
    • Are any parts of the map and/or game modes particularly effected by this? YOUR ENTIRE GAME

/ Johan
    Hi Johan, is THIS:

RESOURCE MONITOR (WINDOWS):

BATCH FILE TO CREATE TRACERT/PING LOG:

WIRESHARK CAPTURE TO GAME SERVER (I HOPE TO GOD, IF IT'S ANOTHER IP FROM THE RESOURCE MONITOR: GOD HELP US ALL!!):

MY ROUTER REBOOTS EVERY DAY AUTOMATICALLY:

LOG FILE FROM BATCH (SOME SERVERS DON'T REPLY TO ICMP REQUESTS):

Code:
    Pinging 216.98.53.68 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 216.98.53.68:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Pinging 216.98.62.46 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 216.98.62.46:

Pinging 52.44.253.211 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 52.44.253.211:

Pinging 188.122.91.216 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 188.122.91.216: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=119

Ping statistics for 188.122.91.216:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 26ms, Average = 26ms

Tracing route to 216.98.53.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  MY ROUTER HOSTNAME NOT FOR YOU TO KNOW [MY IP NOT FOR YOU TO KNOW] 
      2     9 ms     9 ms     9 ms  129.201-4-62.wifi-dyn.isp.proximus.be [62.4.201.129] 
      3    11 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-74-100.iarstr4.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.242.250] 
      4    11 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-13-1000.ibrstr5.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.246.112] 
      5    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  et-9-3-0.cr0-ams2.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.120.217] 
      6   101 ms   101 ms   101 ms  xe-7-3-0.cr0-mtl1.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.106.106] 
      7   101 ms   101 ms   101 ms  ubisoft-gw.ip4.gtt.net [173.241.128.42] 
      8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Tracing route to local62-mtl-46.ubisoft.qc.ca [216.98.62.46]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  MY ROUTER HOSTNAME NOT FOR YOU TO KNOW [MY IP NOT FOR YOU TO KNOW] 
      2     9 ms     9 ms     9 ms  129.201-4-62.wifi-dyn.isp.proximus.be [62.4.201.129] 
      3    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-74-100.iarstr4.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.242.250] 
      4    11 ms    10 ms    11 ms  ae-13-1000.ibrstr5.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.246.112] 
      5    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  et-9-3-0.cr0-ams2.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.120.217] 
      6   101 ms   149 ms   101 ms  xe-7-3-0.cr0-mtl1.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.106.106] 
      7   101 ms   101 ms   101 ms  ubisoft-gw.ip4.gtt.net [173.241.128.42] 
      8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Tracing route to ec2-52-44-253-211.compute-1.amazonaws.com [52.44.253.211]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

2    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  129.201-4-62.wifi-dyn.isp.proximus.be [62.4.201.129] 
      3    11 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-74-100.iarstr4.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.242.250] 
      4    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-13-1000.ibrstr5.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.246.112] 
      5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      6     *        *       10 ms  94.102.160.49 
      7    23 ms    23 ms    23 ms  94.102.162.36 
      8   100 ms   101 ms   101 ms  94.102.162.96 
      9   100 ms   100 ms   101 ms  equinix02-iad2.amazon.com [206.126.236.35] 
     12   101 ms   106 ms   130 ms  54.239.110.177 
     13   101 ms   101 ms   101 ms  54.239.108.61 
     14   101 ms   100 ms   101 ms  205.251.245.224 

Trace complete.

Tracing route to 188.122.91.216 over a maximum of 30 hops

3    22 ms    10 ms    11 ms  ae-74-100.iarstr4.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.242.250] 
      4    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ae-13-1000.ibrstr5.isp.belgacom.be [91.183.246.112] 
      5    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  80.84.23.40 
      6     *        *       17 ms  94.102.160.23 
      7    17 ms    17 ms    36 ms  20ge.de-cix.inxn-1.i3d.net [80.81.194.107] 
      8    20 ms    20 ms    20 ms  20ge.cr0-fr0.smartdc.rtm.i3d.net [109.200.218.77] 
      9    26 ms    26 ms    26 ms  100ge.br2-cr0.smartdc.rtm.i3d.net [188.122.95.92] 
     10    31 ms    26 ms    26 ms  188.122.91.216 

Trace complete.

... Enough for you???!!!

Or wait I've got more:

The distance to the DSLAM is roughly ~250 meters. From there on actual fiber leads to the Exchange of the ISP. It's a VDSL line that uses Vectoring to reduce noise and speeds are 100 Mbit Down, 20 Mbit UP.

Explain me, if 188.122.91.216 is the IP of the gameserver where the actual gameplay happens, HOW, just HOW can I experience such extreme laggy gameplay at a ping of 26 ms where every single other shooter does it FINE, even at higher pings?

I live on my own with no relatives and the desk is right next to the DSL connection, router, ... The only other device that needs to communicate over WAN is my One Plus One phone, but the PC and ports for videogames are prioritized through QoS on the router.

What we are implying Johan is not that we are experiencing lag due to connection problems, but due to the games netcode being insufficient to keep up with the pacing of a shooter. Due to the fact that there's to much overhead, to much lagcompensation, ... We are implying that your netcode requires optimization to improve this. We are implying your servers aren't as solid as they should be.
     2 people found this helpful

They know its not going to be fixed and will just keep giving the same answer they have for over a year now. They cant fix it, it was broken when they made it and it hasnt gotten one bit better since day 1. The same exact issues since day 1. This is how you go from one of the top selling games ever to waiting 5 minutes to match-make a game of survival and still have all of 5 people in it in a little over a years time. It will only be fixed in TD2 if that game ever gets made which i have huge doubts about and even bigger doubts that i could make myself buy it after they have consistently acted like its our problem. Just admit that it cant be fixed and try to respond to more threads than 2 a day on the many issues around here. Johan seems active but afraid of taking on the issues while MATT is nowhere to be found but will tell it like it is more than most but it seems they may have put a muzzle on him ever since his meltdown.

what i find very distasteful is that he still has not replied on the front page where 7 pages of people have been speaking about this. Instead, he replies and buries it in the bug section. If i was a betting man, i would say there is a reason for that...perhaps because no one comes in here and reads threads....meh...im probably just a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist right? lol

Am I frustrated, you bet i am. I have helped in the past with videos, but i just dont see anything changing...plus...and no offence, I understand how it helps you guys out for us to do that...but honestly..that is not our job mate, its yours.

Im not trying to be a ****...i realize QA is a nebulous thing on the best of days...but if we told our customers at my software company to go in and tell us exactly what they were doing at the time, and log items in TFS or TestManager, they would tell us where to go and how to get there...it costs them money to figure these things out, and thats not their job.

It is no different with us. My downtime is meant to unwind, not to help you guys get YOUR product up and running.

That is my frustration. This is why I vent.

I can completely appreciate why we should help, but you have used up a lot of good will over the past 17 months...lots of it.