WZNGT's Avatar Junior Member

Search for skins since 2012 and this is where I at now

It was all started in 2012, when I saw a topic on a Chinese community about sharing HAWX2 skins. Then I just realize it looks much better than the default and start to collect them, a long way to here since then. Unlike HAWX, 2 has different template for some aircraft and the number of skin that made for 2 were also less than 1, makes it harder to find a good skin to use.

My standard for textures are basically lore-friendly, doesn't need to be accurate to squadrons in that area but at least in a livery of the forces showed in the story. e.g. US NAVY skin for F-18E, RAF skin for EF-2000( second mission), Royal NAVY skin for Harrier GR.9( those missions on British carrier).

Also I found some skins from HAWX works perfectly in 2, such as those for F-14A, F-4E, and EF-111 which I found a really nice USAF one this morning.

But still I don't have skins for these aircraft.
    A-10 (Saw a good one by istrebitelj2010 but the link is dead)
    GR.9 (Found some US and Osean MARINES skins but can't find a good Royal NAVY one)
    Rafale (Didn't see any from French NAVY and HAWX skins won't work)
    SU-25 (Same as MiG-25)

And I found skins for these but need at least need some modified or find better ones
    F-16 (Found some nice skin from 1, but template is slightly different and mirrored in 2, causing small but annoying visible bugs)
    MiG-29 (Same as F-16)
    F-18E (Skins from 1 are barely work, I darkened one from SithAce_I which was way too bright. Saw a VFA-103 one by mika666999 but link is also dead)

Skins that I have sorted
    EF-2000 (Have modified a HAWX one by Jetfreak-7 to fix reverse issue in 2, still looking for istrebitelj2010's which made for 2 because his original link is dead)
    MiG-25 (Template is different with HAWX, only seen a nonsense camo skin so I made my own one)
    Jetfreak-7 said he could make a RAF GR.9( deployed on carrier but belong to RAF) skin and finish the EA-6B VAQ-141 skin by husker111 with roundels when he got time to work on it.

The era of this game is long gone, but I am still hoping to finish the collection for HAWX2. It's my first game that I really feels I took off, I also tried with HAWX but I am happy to just put some Ace Combat skins in because the style of 1 doesn't seems that serious. If you have the same feeling I am happy to discuss with you, and maybe we can help each other on those collection.

Also, I did find some really nonsense skins such as a pure digital camo without any editing or just skulls on the wing, I can't change others' preference but it feels really disappointing when I opened that pack.

These are some HAWX skins I have found, the F-4 one is even just found on this forum and works perfectly for 2, also the EF-111 one works perfectly in 2 and I found it in a Chinese gaming forum. The MiG-29 one got some bugs but doesn't have the problem of numbers reversed on the air intake.

What is the subject? What is your argument? Which gaming hardware do you play on regarding HAWX2? (note: I've played both Ace Combat004 PS2 and HAWX002 PS3.)

Originally Posted by majowens Go to original post
    What is the subject? What is your argument? Which gaming hardware do you play on regarding HAWX2? (note: I've played both Ace Combat004 PS2 and HAWX002 PS3.)
    Just talking about the skin modification for 2 on PC... I am also a fan of Ace Combat but I will just go with lore-friendly when I collect skins for HAWX2(but I did use AC skins for HAWX1).

I think I am getting there, has got the permission and modified a skin for F-15C, also fixed the mirroring issue on EF-2000, planning to do a new skin for MiG-25.

wzngtx.deviantart.com/art/ACZCipher-s-HAWX-Eagle-Skin-With-USAF-Roudle-698906765

Here's the F-15 one I modified, the EF-2000 was simply re-mirror the "DXI" written and I don't think I can re-upload Jetfreak-7's work.

An EA-6B skin by artworks2009 in the modding thread, awesome work and link is still available but sadly I didn't found any of his skin of a VAQ squadron. Saw a VAQ-141 one by husker111 but he didn't finish it with roundels on, what a shame.

An UN SPACY F-14 from MACROSS ZERO, found it years ago, can't find the name of the author now, sry.

I have tried to add the Russian Air Force roundels to IL-78 and MiG-25, still need to get an better font the serial numbers , please quote me if you know where to get one.

PS: If anyone has a copy of this skin, pleassssssssssssse sent me one, I am really desiring for it. The original link in HAWX2 modding thread is dead for years and the author never showed up after post that skin.

PS: I got some idea about what lore-friendly skins can be create next, since those models are in main story and can't find skins available.
    A-10 HAWX
    F-16C Wardog( inspired by a F-16 Wardog skin I found that can't fit into HAWX2 nicely, and it actually make sense since the F-16s in story fly by reinforcements and later borrow to HAWX, so another elite unit like Wardog to help HAWX sounds good to me)
    F-18 HAWX( basiclly a VFA-103 livery replace with HAWX logo on the tail and tail code of "HX", serial numbers "001/002/00X" to aviod confused with local units during carrier operation)

Not quite sure about what the Rafale sholu be, since HAWX fly them during the nuke chasing mission but not likely to equip them.

Thank you. Had a look but unfortunately there are no stuff that I am looking for in that Mediafire share... and I had look in the original modding threat for so many times...

Modified another one, this was the first skin that I started to like, but I feel its quality is too low now. It has only signal colors with no detail compared to the original texture and feels like it is made it Paint. So I took the vinvys out with Magic Wand Tool, change the transparency and put it onto the original game texture, now it looks much better. I am sure the author was post on the HAWX2 modding thread here but can't find it at the moment, so IDK if I can share it...

PS: UBI's texturing in HAWX2 got worse than 1, the let the 2 outer surfaces of vertical stabilizers share the same area in template, which means any written you put onto it will get mirrored in one side of it, mean while the inner surfaces with no paint on it got 2 independent area in template!!! Why you do this UBI, why... it was just alright in 1 why you change it even worse in 2...

MiG-25 and Il-78 with VVS stars and serial numbers done, not sure if I need rush to release since no one needs them now...