Thread: Difference Between Difficulty Levels | Forums

Difference Between Difficulty Levels

Hi Fellow Guns For Hire,

Long time FarCry fan, first time forum poster,

I have watched the videos from E3 a lot and I am very excited to experience the story in the latest edition in the series. One thing I was wondering about the game though is how the different difficulty levels would be different from each other in this game?

Using the latest gameplay video as an example would higher difficulties see security weak spots in towns closed up? So for example the water tower in the demo in lower levels wouldn't have a guard on it but in higher difficulty levels it would, after all it makes sense that if the player would use something like the tower to survey the town why wouldn't the enemy use it for the same purpose. There could also be the introduction of traps or cameras both of which need disabling to make certain approaches more difficult in higher difficulty levels.

Going one step further, what if there where multiple different improved security options in higher difficulty levels and one or two would be implemented at random. This would do wonders for re play ability as the challenges would possibly change on each occasion for the same locations. So the first time a town is cleared there might be a guard in the tower, the next time there could be more guards in other security weak spots instead, or more patrols etc.

I would love to hear what the Far Cry 5 community thinks about this? I think it could make the game off the charts amazing haha, but thats just me, what do you think?

I am a great fan of the human against human parts of Farcry. As soon as monsters appear out of nowhere on a level and run and jump so fast that I, or my PC, can’t react in time, I stop playing.

Difficulty Levels

I just hope they make the difficulty levels such that all gamers will be able to finish a game. I really like the way Rockstar did GTA5 and La Knoir so, if you got stuck in a mission, you could skip over it and continue with the game. I’m 70 and play games to exercise my mind, enjoy a good story, and have a somewhat challenging game. My reflexes are not as quick as they were when I was younger. Stronger players can play the harder levels, and casual players can select and finish the game in whatever level they choose. It is very frustrating to get to the end of a game and just quit because it was just too hard. I thought AC Origins difficulty was about right for me. I finished the game without too many problems. You shut out a portion of gamers when the games are too hard for some and lose that source of revenue. Example - Homefront & Metro Last Light.
     1 people found this helpful

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Hey Capt_Horse, welcome to the forums. It's cool to see that older people are also interested in a title like Far Cry. Have you tried any of the chapters in the series?

MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    Welcome to the forum Capt_Horse, MexicoMike and votography87. Always nice reading new posts!

I'm a couple of years younger than you Capt_Horse, but I play video games for some of the same reasons as you. The other FC games were finishable, as I am sure others will agree.
     1 people found this helpful

Can't see myself as the one on April 1st cause the awful number 70 then and it's no April Fools, even if I wish it was.
    The TV game Pong was released in 1972 when I was 24, Got my first computer "Video Genie" in 1980 which was the same year Commodore Vic 20 was released.. Two years later the popular Commodore 64 was released. So in reality, I've been playing computer games since the 70's, but the 3D graphics became real with Quake in 1996 which I of course played. So many games I've played, and these are only top of the iceberg: Doom, Wolfenstein, FarCry 1 & 2 and now 4 and primal, all Crysis, all Microspoft Flight Simulator from 2,5D graphics in 1980. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising will always be one of my favorite cause I prefer First Person and Tactical Military Shooter.
    So you see Viragoxv535, 70 is just a stupid number which I really hate.

So is there anyword if there are difficulty levels on the story campaign?

I will not get the game if it is too easy and there is no real hard mode.

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by shadow276185 Go to original post
    So is there anyword if there are difficulty levels on the story campaign?

I will not get the game if it is too easy and there is no real hard mode.
    Yes, there are difficulty modes (seen in main menu).

Originally Posted by Capt_Horse Go to original post
    I just hope they make the difficulty levels such that all gamers will be able to finish a game. I really like the way Rockstar did GTA5 and La Knoir so, if you got stuck in a mission, you could skip over it and continue with the game.
    Yeah, GTA V does that really well.

I’m 70 and play games to exercise my mind, enjoy a good story, and have a somewhat challenging game.
    I'm 55, and I'm the same way. Easy mode should be easy enough that even a person with slow reflexes can beat the game. Sadly, few games achieve that - there's a huge bias towards making easy mode harder than it needs to be. I don't know why that is - it's not as if the younger/faster players don't have a medium and hard difficulty. But if they can't or won't make easy mode easy, then an essential element (for easy mode only) is the ability to skip a mission you've failed three times. I mean, to me, that's a no-brainer. There is just no excuse for making any part of a game frustrating due to being unable to do a quest.

It is very frustrating to get to the end of a game and just quit because it was just too hard.
    I agree. The worst recent culprit was Watch Dogs. The final mission was so ridiculously hard that I doubt more than 1% of players could do it. I tried about ten times, but ten times is my limit. I still haven't beaten the game.

Far Cry 5's Jacob's Trial missions are frustrating me right now. I managed to finish the third one out of four today, but timed twitch-fests are my nemesis.

From what I've seen so far:
    Hard = EXTREME enemy spawn rates.
    Normal = EXTREME enemy spawn rates. Slighty less health.
    Easy = EXTREME enemy spawn rates. A little more of slighty less health.