As a Shugoki main...

I want a body smash ability.

Reasons why?

1 - Oni Charge is somewhat useless at the moment.
    2 - Head butt doesn't knock people off ledges or into spikes(revenge mode only knocks down) and you can't really punish anyone after a head butt (not in revenge mode).
    3 - Not enough moveset.
    4 - He's a comical character.

The Body Smash can be perform by doing a forward dash + guard break. It damages the opponents stamina but not as much as the head butt.

Its a way to punish an opponent who is OOS because Shugoki cannot punish OOS opponents at the moment. The Shugoki can cancel the Body Smash by pressing O, or cancel into Demon's Embrace.

The body smash can cause a wall stun or push back.

If the opponent is not OOS, they will not be knocked down even when fully charged. If the opponent is OOS, they will get knocked down regardless of how long it charged. If the Shugoki whiffs the Body Smash, the recovery time will be the same as Demon's Embrace.

If the Shugoki commits to use the Body Smash, it will consume the passive uninterruptible stance.The Body Smash is telegraphed just as the DE, but with the cancel the Shugoki can mix it up.

The knock back distance depends how how long the Shugoki charges his body smash. The maximum range of the knock back is equivalent to the Demon's Ball. The charge duration is equivalent to the Wardens shoulder bash charge and during the charge, the shugoki can be guard break out of it.

During the knock down, the Shugoki can get a free side heavy. You can get a top heavy if your guard stance is on top. Guard switch is kinda slow too.
    Example:
    Against an OOS opponent.
    light > head butt = opponent out of stamina
    dash forward > body smash = knock down
    side heavy or top heavy (depending on stance)

All this probably use up 50% of the Shugoki's stamina.

I don't know the exact data for the stamina that the shugoki or any other character, but as an example, 100/100 stamina. The uncharged body smash will consume 15 stamina, but a fully charged body smash will consume maybe 25.

Note: After the body smash knock down, the shugoki has enough time to land a free heavy, but not enough time to do another body smash. Same thing applies during in revenge mode. The reason why, because the recovery after an uncharged heavy is slow.

Note: Some characters have a longer dodge distance so it makes the body smash a bit harder too hit, unless OOS opponent cannot dodge as far after a nerf.

Well, this is just an idea until Oni Charge is fixed. Many of you guys problem think this is a bad idea, but hey, its your opinion.

I agree that Oni charge needs fixing. It was nice when it actually worked lol. But everything else is fine with Shugoki. I did a duel against a few of them and all they do is Light Attack, Headbutt, rinse and repeat. Before fixing Shugoki they need to look at Kensei which is probably the worst hero out there. He has one of the slowest heavy attacks.

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    I recently started using Shugoki because I seen how effective he can be in group matches, his revive is incredibly fast and demons embrace is very powerful on a 2v1 situation.

I usually get wrecked vs good players 1v1 though, I noticed that his lights are the only thing he really has, he doesn't have anything he can do after the head butt it doesn't seem like.

Any pointers for using him? He doesn't seem to have any good combos for killing people, every attack seems to just knock opponents back out of range, they usually run from me when I get the upper hand.

Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    I recently started using Shugoki because I seen how effective he can be in group matches, his revive is incredibly fast and demons embrace is very powerful on a 2v1 situation.

I usually get wrecked vs good players 1v1 though, I noticed that his lights are the only thing he really has, he doesn't have anything he can do after the head butt it doesn't seem like.

Any pointers for using him? He doesn't seem to have any good combos for killing people, every attack seems to just knock opponents back out of range, they usually run from me when I get the upper hand.
    Use Demons embrace if you are able to knock them down and get them while getting up. A lot of feint and mostly light attack. You need to be aggressive when they don't have stamina and use heavy. Heavy outputs insane damage!

Originally Posted by Dthrill Go to original post
    Use Demons embrace if you are able to knock them down and get them while getting up. A lot of feint and mostly light attack. You need to be aggressive when they don't have stamina and use heavy. Heavy outputs insane damage!
    Against good players who knows how to fight a Shugoki, when they are out of stamina, they're not afraid at all. Shugoki can't punish OOS opponents, so good players will just turtle until their stamina recovers. Fast characters like Shinobi, PK, orochi, etc. will just dash away when OOS.

I agree that Oni charge needs fixing. It was nice when it actually worked lol. But everything else is fine with Shugoki. I did a duel against a few of them and all they do is Light Attack, Headbutt, rinse and repeat. Before fixing Shugoki they need to look at Kensei which is probably the worst hero out there. He has one of the slowest heavy attacks.
    Really? I don't think Kensei's heavies are that slow. Seems about the same as the Wardens.

You don't use heavies as kensei, all you do is dash side to side with your light attack and every once in awhile throw in a top light to completely fck with people.Oh, and make sure you have the unblockable feat on. Always use the unblockable feat.

Originally Posted by TSCDescon Go to original post
    Against good players who knows how to fight a Shugoki, when they are out of stamina, they're not afraid at all. Shugoki can't punish OOS opponents, so good players will just turtle until their stamina recovers. Fast characters like Shinobi, PK, orochi, etc. will just dash away when OOS.
    Which is why Shugoki needs his knock down from Oni Charge while his opponent is OOS. He needs some way to punish besides unlocking, sprinting towards them and do the running heavy or GB. Thats it. Oni charge was annoying when it could be done at any time. But removing the knockdown entirely was just stupid.

Originally Posted by Blasto95 Go to original post
    Which is why Shugoki needs his knock down from Oni Charge while his opponent is OOS. He needs some way to punish besides unlocking, sprinting towards them and do the running heavy or GB. Thats it. Oni charge was annoying when it could be done at any time. But removing the knockdown entirely was just stupid.
    +1
    Exactly, I hope the developers fix this. I believe they didn't think it through and just nerf it to the ground. Yes, it still knock people off ledges and into spikes, but what good will it use if the opponents just stay away from being environmental killed?

In duels there are a lot of bridges you have to fight on. I'm glad they nerfed it. All shugoki people did was spam the charge until they caught you falling off the map. It was trash.