Thread: Tagging Enemies - Spoiling the surprise | Forums

In what world are we playing?

If the world is Western Montana in cica 2017 or so, I will not be wearing a crytec suit with navigation, tagging goggles or any hud display.
    Wide screen display is so cool- it is like being in a movie- and even startling and scary like a movie can be.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by curreyj Go to original post
    If the world is Western Montana in cica 2017 or so, I will not be wearing a crytec suit with navigation, tagging goggles or any hud display.
    Wide screen display is so cool- it is like being in a movie- and even startling and scary like a movie can be.
    I don't know what you're saying here.... we've never been wearing a special suit in these games, tagging has always been a visual representation of the player character's spacial awareness and knowledge of enemy locations and the HUD is, well the HUD. Thankfully Ubi has been pretty good about providing toggle-able HUD elements, especially after not having it initially in FC3 and getting some backlash for it, so they patched in the ability to disable a lot of things...

Steve64b's Avatar Member
    Going by the FC5 livestream, there's an unlockable "Kick-*** Binoculars" SKILL that lets your binoculars tag enemies through walls!

So now we seem to have both Boomer and the binoculars upgrade to steer clear of. Unless the game comes with an option to toggle those auto-tags off...

*edit*
    heh, the skill name seems to contain a bad word, censored by the forum. Note that it's not my profanity, but a quote from the game.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah but when you look at the challenges one is to kill a set number of people with Boomer /Nick and I am guessing Grace also so to unlock all these things we will have to use Guns For Hire.

I am actually looking forward to the single player game a lot, not long now.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    Yeah but when you look at the challenges one is to kill a set number of people with Boomer /Nick and I am guessing Grace also so to unlock all these things we will have to use Guns For Hire.

I am actually looking forward to the single player game a lot, not long now.
    I'm still looking forward to it quite a bit as well, though admittedly less so after seeing the perk tree. I'm really not pleased with the removal of the vehicle takedown and the lack of ANY new ones whatsoever. I think it's lame that our gear upgrades are perks now and that so many pieces of equipment and tools are just perks as well rather than pick ups or quest rewards.

There are 50 perks in the game, but it looks like half of them are things we had in the past games, but obtained through other means. We never had to buy a parachute perk or grappling hook perk before, those were things we found in the world, or bought through the in game economy... the perk tree is just padded out now with $#!+ we used to get in a more logical way and I'm not a fan.

I'm guessing there will be perks for "x amount of kills" with each Gun or Fang for hire, those don't seem like they'll to too hard to get though, but yeah, it does force their use in order to unlock all the perk points, but that's to be expected. I mean I am not a big fan of sniper rifles or LMGs but I have to use those to get perks as well, so I knew there'd be challenges I don't really like that I'll have to do. It comes with the territory ya know?

Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post
    Going by the FC5 livestream, there's an unlockable "Kick-*** Binoculars" SKILL that lets your binoculars tag enemies through walls!

So now we seem to have both Boomer and the binoculars upgrade to steer clear of. Unless the game comes with an option to toggle those auto-tags off...
    That's so stupid, a new level of low gameplay design. That's why I miss FC2 and think it was the best this series ever had.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    I did try and play some FC4 MP and thought it was a damn awful mess, could write a book on it.
    Maps too big, dull , boring.
    Not enough players in a map that size, should a player go to the tower it takes them away from the action and usually a sniper is waiting up there.
    Didn't like having 2 spawn locations.
    If it had been a choice of all Rakshasa or all Golden Path I would have liked it more but such an odd game - 20 mins in total, 10 mins each side.
    Rakshasa had some cool skills going invisible when crouching - ghost walk was a waste of time, stupidest thing I ever saw - Blink Arrows pretty cool, not enough elephants, slow on foot.
    The DLC OVERRUN mode was a huge mistake, never got one game going in that and paid for it, the circular area was way too big to capture.
    Rakshasa having to harvest plants was an ok idea but again it took players out of the action that fraction longer.
    I get your point, FC4 MP had soo many problems (first one: matchmaking...) but in the end I really enjoyed playing it. I mean, it wasn't the same old story... run'n'gun and not much else... There was a lot of original ideas in it (Rakshasa going invisible when crouching, yes this is one, but also deploying bears and tigers, or chasing a tuk tuk while riding an elephant...) which made it one of the very few original MP's... BTW I'd play it still today, anybody know if there are players yet?

MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    I can live with auto-tagging enemies, besides Boomer will always get you a SMG should you need one. Question - can we click on a button on the HUD or options that might leave out the foul language?

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by MikeJDRW Go to original post
    Question - can we click on a button on the HUD or options that might leave out the foul language?
    I see these kind of silly questions over and over
    Come on guys... you know that this is rated M...

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234