Ubisoft, Don't bother with a quit penalty.

There should be no penalty for quitting. With how terrible matchmaking is and the already terrible state of "balance" (or lack thereof), and less focus on individual skill over group gang-banging mentality, one should not have a gun held to their head to finish a game that they are not enjoying.

If I don't like you, if I think you play like a ******bag, I shouldn't have to play with you if I don't want to. If I see your name, or for any reason at my discretion, I should be able to quit at any time, as should anyone else.

Furthermore, there's already penalties in place for quitting, you don't get experience, or steel, or loot for quitting, making your time spent fruitless, and you force yourself through the long matchmaking process in the hopes of finding another game.

Also to conclude, there's no such thing as a "fix" for this. One way or another people will quit out, whether that means unplugging their router, their system, shutting their system off, or going to main menu and closing the app. There's no way that Ubisoft can implement a penalty other than through using the "quit match" feature, which is there TO BE USED. One should not be penalized for using a menu option! It's completely and totally asinine!
     13 people found this helpful

Stop it devs
     2 people found this helpful

90% of the community is happy with the rage quit punishment, hopefully will be at least 5 min without being able to play another match. The other 10% are spoiled kids who can't stand lose or die, and quit for the sake of their for honor tracker status.

If you are not happy with your match, finish it and look for another afterwards. Quiting in the middle can kick everyone out of the match, and 99% of the rage quiting occurs at the end of the match, so is not because of matchmaking it is because ppl don't want theirs status ruined... They also quit after duels and brawls, so it's NOT matchmaking fault.

Matchmaking is not perfect, but is not an excuse for you to quit.
     6 people found this helpful

The only thing a "Quit Penalty" will achieve is further alienating players from the game and pushing them to no longer want to play this game. I reiterate, the "Quit Game" button is an option in the menu FOR A REASON. Penalizing people for using a menu option will just make them look for ways around it, and the only way Ubisoft can counter that is to issue blanket penalties for all forms of disconnect, and at that point, anyone at any time will be penalized.

There's nothing to gain going down this road, and everything to lose, which is a healthy playerbase in which to conduct matchmaking with.
     3 people found this helpful

I dont give a sh## weither i win or lose just give me my xp and coins

Originally Posted by Rhodri331 Go to original post
    The only thing a "Quit Penalty" will achieve is further alienating players from the game and pushing them to no longer want to play this game. I reiterate, the "Quit Game" button is an option in the menu FOR A REASON. Penalizing people for using a menu option will just make them look for ways around it, and the only way Ubisoft can counter that is to issue blanket penalties for all forms of disconnect, and at that point, anyone at any time will be penalized.

There's nothing to gain going down this road, and everything to lose, which is a healthy playerbase in which to conduct matchmaking with.
    There is a lot to gain, the majority of the time you get kick out from matches is because someone is rage quiting. Making them think twice before quiting will reduce quit rate and probably fewer matches will crash. There are players that always quit when they see the match is lost, and at least 30% of the time they crash the match doing so.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Johnnybeck. Go to original post
    90% of the community is happy with the rage quit punishment.
    Absolutely false.

1st of all, never be so arrogant that you think you can speak for a majority of a game's community of players. Especially not one so grossly overestimated at "90%".
    2nd of all, If it happens to kick everyone out of a match, bully for me, that's an extra punishment against pre-mades, toxic players, and gang-bangers. Loving it so far.
    3rd of all, "99% of rage quitting occurs at the end of a match", also false, where the hell are you getting your statistics from kid? Where did you learn to debate?
    4th of all, I don't NEED an excuse to quit. As stated, My $60-$100 is as good as anyone else who bought this game, and I should be able to quit AT MY DISCRETION. For any reason whatsoever.

Even if point #1 were true, and "90% of the community is happy", that means nothing except Argumentum ad Populum. Argument by popularity/ Argument from the majority, the logical fallacy that infers that just because "a majority" of people believe something to be true or good, means that it is so. That assertion is patently false.

There was a time that a majority of people believed that god/gods created and controlled all things, to this day many still do, but with the advent of the internet and modern science, we've all but proven that this is false.
     5 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Rhodri331 Go to original post
    Absolutely false.

1st of all, never be so arrogant that you think you can speak for a majority of a game's community of players. Especially not one so grossly overestimated at "90%".
    2nd of all, If it happens to kick everyone out of a match, bully for me, that's an extra punishment against pre-mades, toxic players, and gang-bangers. Loving it so far.
    3rd of all, "99% of rage quitting occurs at the end of a match", also false, where the hell are you getting your statistics from kid? Where did you learn to debate?
    4th of all, I don't NEED an excuse to quit. As stated, My $60-$100 is as good as anyone else who bought this game, and I should be able to quit AT MY DISCRETION. For any reason whatsoever.

Even if point #1 were true, and "90% of the community is happy", that means nothing except Argumentum ad Populum. Argument by popularity/ Argument from the majority, the logical fallacy that infers that just because "a majority" of people believe something to be true or good, means that it is so. That assertion is patently false.

There was a time that a majority of people believed that god/gods created and controlled all things, to this day many still do, but with the advent of the internet and modern science, we've all but proven that this is false.
    You quit just because you are losing a game and I am the kid? Haha

My statistics are from playing the game and everyone I talk is in favor of rage quiting punishment, look at reddit.

Stop whining and rage quiting your games. If you want to quit and crash other players matches you are a toxic player and deserves the punishment.

You quit just because you are losing a game and I am the kid? Haha
    You sure as hell debate and argue like a kid. Thing's I've learned; Quit while you're ahead, and try your best, but if your best ain't good enough, there's no shame in quitting either.

My statistics are from playing the game and everyone I talk is in favor of rage quiting punishment, look at reddit.
    So... You don't have any statistics and I'm supposed to take your word for it and that of a few fedora wearing neckbeards on Reddit?

Stop whining and rage quiting your games. If you want to quit and crash other players matches you are a toxic player and deserves the punishment.
    Stop whining about people rage quitting from games, If you made others want to quit and crash other players, you are a toxic player that deserves to be bailed on.
     2 people found this helpful

I'm all in favor of the ***** quitter punishment.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►