Thread: DLC on multiple systems. | Forums

Originally Posted by aschneid42 Go to original post
    So then I should be able to get the DLC songs off of my PS3 HD and copy them over to my computer for Steam to access, and maybe convert them with some utility file. Then this wouldn't require any extra server storage space from Sony or Steam. They would maybe just need to share a list of the songs I've purchased if they really wanted, but since I have them, I must have purchased them, no? I mean I don't think that all the song files are actually stored on their servers and every time I start up the game it has to download them all before I can play them...
    So then I should be able to play my Xbox games on my PS4, I'd just need to transfer them across and convert them with some utility. Very handy for when games are on sale on one system but not the other

Originally Posted by TheChrisGlass Go to original post
    Yeah.
    That would be like Disney letting you buy a movie on iTunes and then let you watch in on Google Play...

Oh. Wait. They DO let you do that.

https://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com/
    Disney is doing this with content they 100% own, it only applies to certain titles and it requires you to make an account with with Disney to register the movies to. So Disney has chosen to eat the cost of the central database to provide this for content they own 100% of the rights to. With Rocksmith DLC there are other right holders involved. Also Disney has already made their money off the movies via ticket sales many VHS DVD and Blueray releases etc. Rocksmith DLC has made no money when it is released offering it for the same price across all platforms would be a loss for everyone involved. No one is saying it is not possible to do, just saying it would not make financial sense to do it.

/shrug does not really matter in the end.

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    So then I should be able to play my Xbox games on my PS4, I'd just need to transfer them across and convert them with some utility. Very handy for when games are on sale on one system but not the other
    I'm not talking about converting an entire game, which would obviously be somewhat more complicated. Just some song files, which should really not be that complicated, as the world has already proven.

Originally Posted by Out_of_tune Go to original post
    /shrug does not really matter in the end.
    What does really matter in the end?

bassbeginnerdan's Avatar Member
    I'm not talking about converting an entire game, which would obviously be somewhat more complicated. Just some song files, which should really not be that complicated, as the world has already proven.
    I think that dlc is a bit more than just some song files.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    What does really matter in the end?
    Don't think about it, nothing productive will come from it given the second law of thermodynamics

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234