Well you've certainly had a much better experience than others concerning support from UBISOFT.

The game is 7/8 months old, i certainly hope they'll get it in good shape before they EOL it.

The latest update rolled out, and the radius is still the same:

I hope that it was because I tested it literally minutes after the patch came down, so maybe my opponent still had 1.15. I don't know how it works.
    Please, Ubisoft, look into this!

Yes unfortunately this has still not been addressed.

To recap (currently):

The purple circle (boundary) decreases in size the very instant you initiate the hack. This is not how it has been since 0day. This occurred directly after the release of DLC No Compromise.

Other decreases happen at 25% and 50% but the 3rd and final decrease does not happen at the expected 75%.

It seems to me like its 'out of sync'

The way it looks right now, is that you have the 25% shrink happening at 0%, the 50% shrink happening at 25% and the 75% shrink happening at 50%.

As there are only 3 shrinks, when it gets to 75% it cannot shrink anymore.

When it gets to 75% in its current bugged state, there's a flash from the HUD and a sound but the radius does not shrink.

It's out of sync!

Please UBISOFT can you comment? Its been over a month broke.

Virtual_Marty's Avatar Member
    I also saw today that it became worse... A hacker you have now also only glass-cars (lower speed and dies already after any small scratch etc), that is the sh1tty balancing!!!
    And hackers cannot defend with guns anyway, that was always already stupid and far from reality.

Here you can vote about BALANCING and SUPPORT!

P.S.: Bounty Hunt and Hacking Invasion have now the same balancing problem and so far Ubi Support simply does not care. Now a pure kids game!

They nerfed the invader's car? As if having a gun that one-shot kills most cars isn't enough. Bad news.

And hackers cannot defend with guns anyway, that was always already stupid and far from reality.
    Well, this is a game where you can hack things just by having line of shight, you can recover from near death within seconds. Online Hacking is an asymetrical, stealthy game mode. Which requires some sort of power imbalance. Other games get around this by making the "defender" a supernatural killer. WatchDogs came up with the excuse that the stolen data is useless, if the defender gets hurt, and as a pro fixer you have to be able to pull out the data-heist with this limitation. You never ask to be invaded, it comes at random, out of nowhere. The last thing you want is some dimwit killing you for the lulz, when you have better things to do anyway. If you invade hide well or run for your life, those are your choices. Unreal or not, as far as gameplay goes this is the right choice
    Also, the less things they fiddle with the rules further, the less new bugs they can introduce.The real problem with online hacking lies elsewhere. WD1 has the same limitation, and way more people play online hacking than WD2.

People of Watch_Dogs, rejoice!

I just tried out hacking, and for some reason, now everything works as expected. I am baffled, I didn't see an update.

Thanks, Ubisoft!

Originally Posted by Lovasi_P Go to original post
    People of Watch_Dogs, rejoice!

I just tried out hacking, and for some reason, now everything works as expected. I am baffled, I didn't see an update.

Thanks, Ubisoft!
    I will have a look and test a bit later. And they not need updates for the client, they can change their rules every day via server settings.
    Only communication is an unknown word for them...

N4RLy_'s Avatar Junior Member
    yup, they fixed it
    THANKS UBI!!!
    finaly lol
    the radius is back to the way it was and the way it should be

N4RLy_'s Avatar Junior Member
    there is no need for an update to fix the radius. remember the weekend special hacking events? with the small radius? there was no update.

Originally Posted by N4RLy_ Go to original post
    yup, they fixed it
    THANKS UBI!!!
    finaly lol
    the radius is back to the way it was and the way it should be
    But Bounty Hunt is still the same trash: Water pistols, explosives with zero effects (only for New Year) and glass cars. Useless to play!

Hunters are hunt!