PC deadzone issue

I'm using an Xbox One wireless controller on my PC, and it seems to have no deadzone at all. So with the natural tendency of the thumb to push the left thumbstick slightly to the right when pushing forward, my rider basically winds up doing large right hand circles when I want to accelerate and go straight. There is no where in the settings screen to adjust the deadzone it seems. This happens when using it wirelessly, AND when using it plugged in.

I used an Xbox 360 controller before this, and there was no issue with that, I could ride in nice straight lines whenever I wanted. Problem seems to be exclusive to the Xbox One controller.

EDIT: After more testing, I'm running into more and more issues. Sometimes the button inputs arnt recognized, but as soon as I move the right analog stick the buttons magically start working again. Other times, the entire controller won't work, then starts working for about 20 seconds, then stops working again. I've tested with other games just to make sure it's not a problem with the controller or the bluetooth connection, but in every other game I tested it works perfectly. Again, this didn't happen with the 360 controller, so clearly there is some work to be done on properly supporting the xb-one controller.

EDIT 2: Unable to replicate the issues in the first edit. Deadzone thing is still an issue though.

Relevant Specs:
    - Windows 10 64 bit
    - Built in bluetooth (Intel Wireless Bluetooth)
    - Latest bluetooth drivers

xGBx Boogie's Avatar Member
    You probably need to update your controller firmware using the Xbox accessories app. Usually having problems like that, an update should fix it.

gnarlyDUCK's Avatar Member
    Bluetooth controllers for PC... whats latency on that? Just curious.

Originally Posted by xGBx Boogie Go to original post
    You probably need to update your controller firmware using the Xbox accessories app. Usually having problems like that, an update should fix it.
    Awesome thanks. I won't have a chance to test it for a while since I am away at the moment, but the store description mentions the ability to add deadzones which should help. Plus the firmware update.
    That app only mentions the Xbox Elite Controller though, I'm hoping it also has support for the regular version which I have.

Originally Posted by gnarlyDUCK Go to original post
    Bluetooth controllers for PC... whats latency on that? Just curious.
    I havn't noticed any while playing steep, it seems very responsive and accurate aside from the deadzone issue. If I was playing a shooter I'd do it wired just to be safe, but if I ever end up playing a shooter with a controller then I've clearly lost my mind anyway.

Well I tried the xbox accessories app and it didn't work. It updated my controller firmware but that seems to have had no effect. It also doesn't support the standard xbox one controller so the deadzone customization is unavailable.

Anyone else got this problem so we can confirm it's not just me?

Unfortunately it seems this issue still exists in the latest patch, which would have been the perfect opportunity to fix it. Does Steep even have a support team...?