Thread: Please allow us to adjust/disable Aim Smoothing (acceleration) for controller users | Forums

  1. #151
    I just got a reply from @Ubi-Melo on Twitter and he said "We're investigating the possibility." for this option to come to the game. So we've done it! The Developers have 100% received our cries and request. From what he said, it sounds like they're just discussing and finalizing their thoughts on it and we should get some more news about it and hopefully hear back very soon!
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #152
    That's incredible news! We should be seeing this in either the Mid Season Reinforcements or a future update. Either way they finally listened! Thanks dude! And of course the developers
    Share this post

  3. #153
    Thanks for the update.

    Tempered expectations and all but I'm a bit excited.
    Share this post

  4. #154
    Originally Posted by FappingsWerthJR Go to original post
    I just got a reply from @Ubi-Melo on Twitter and he said "We're investigating the possibility." for this option to come to the game. So we've done it! The Developers have 100% received our cries and request. From what he said, it sounds like they're just discussing and finalizing their thoughts on it and we should get some more news about it and hopefully hear back very soon!
    Excellent work my friend. All the people I know who left would come back if this gets fixed!
    Share this post

  5. #155
    Yep! I'll make sure and keep you guys updated on anymore news and whatnot.
    Share this post

  6. #156
    Found a roundabout way around the deadzone. Please bring this to everyone.

    Messing around has exposed more deficiencies in controls... Pls fly me to Montreal to fix.
    Share this post

  7. #157
    Originally Posted by Azerach Go to original post
    Found a roundabout way around the deadzone. Please bring this to everyone.

    Messing around has exposed more deficiencies in controls... Pls fly me to Montreal to fix.
    What else did you find?
    Share this post

  8. #158
    Originally Posted by xJefftheKillerx Go to original post
    What else did you find?
    I think this is known but the deadzone setting is off.

    With Nacon Revolution controller you can set the acceleration curve on the right stick. So I though it would be neat to set the controller to ignore the first 33% of input and start at 34 instead. R6S isnt programmed very well though so setting the deadzone at 33% is more like deadzone of 50%. I got it working by setting the deadzone at 17% but it still bugs me that the summer intern who programmed these controls probably slept through his math courses.
    Share this post

  9. #159
    The idea was to set the deadzone at 33% so deadzone would be nonexistant. R6 console version is badly programmed so it didn't go smoothly but in the end i got it working. Deadzone feels great now but I'm miffed this is limited to people with a specific controller / xim.
    Share this post

  10. #160
    Originally Posted by Azerach Go to original post
    The idea was to set the deadzone at 33% so deadzone would be nonexistant. R6 console version is badly programmed so it didn't go smoothly but in the end i got it working. Deadzone feels great now but I'm miffed this is limited to people with a specific controller / xim.
    This absolutely needs to come to the developers attention. Such amateur mistakes should not be in a Ubisoft game and they need to rectify them for people. I'm sure someone who knows what there doing to could make the game immeasurably better in just a day.
    Share this post