Thread: R6 Community Discusses : Blackbeard | Forums

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Thanks for the feedback Sparky_Sct!

The desire for a change to the Deagle has been a popular one lately it seems.
    In a game that's all about that one shot to the head, a handgun that you have to wait for it to settle again before firing the second shot is not very effective, because it makes it very difficult to fire accurately at further that 5 meters.
     1 people found this helpful

Secondary has to be reliable and Deagle is nothing but unreliable and unwieldy handcannon for such purpose.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    I know there are some Deagle fans here on the forums, any of you care to share?

Insevin's Avatar Senior Member
    Deagle is awful in sweaty situations and way easy to potato

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    To me has to push and protect teammates behind him, going in a room with him in front or viceversa.

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    It gotta say it's pretty good! it has save me a lot of times, also his extra shield is super useful when your first shield got broken and you are going in a 1vs1

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    SCAR-H is super good and the DMR too, I usually go with compensator because recoil is too damn high, I would decrease recoil in both guns when you haven't placed the shield, It just doesn't make sense that recoil is pretty much the same with or without the shield!

4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    I must go with him in Border, House,Skyscraper,Bank, sometimes in Yatch-Clubhouse-Coastline, and obviously bomb and secure area

5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    Favela,University, and hostage

6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    When pushing a room Ash in front of him is a pretty good option, combining him with a 1 speed operator is pretty good tho, also Monty and BB make a good combo!

7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    Those with high rpm guns or high damage guns (Jager & Bandit), also if I am struggling with recoil rook and overall 3 speed operators are a pain in the ***

8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    As I stated before pushing into a room and being agressive to me is the best way to play this guy, you just cannot sit outside obj and wait for ppl to cross by

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    Learn to control recoil on both guns cause they are pretty good!

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    To me is a pretty good operator, and I mustly use him when I must win that last round and need that extra protection in my head LOL, and I think he is as good as Sledge or Capitao in the middle class section.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    I know there are some Deagle fans here on the forums, any of you care to share?
    I really want to like the Deagle as it is my favourite handgun from other FPS games like BF4, but in R6 it just isn't competitive :/
    It just kicks so damn much after the first shot making it so unwieldy. What it is good at though is getting right in the enemy's face a lettin' rip.

Buff Blackbeard

Blackbeard Gadget: Shield with 60 HP
    Glaz 1 bullet: 78 Damage
    Comparison: Glaz literally one shots his shield

1. Peaking windows and holding tight angles.

2. The gadget is a breakable glass shield in from of his gun. You also get one extra in case the first one is broken. It allows you to take several shots to the head with no damage. Mostly, it lasts long enough for you to survive a quick pre-fire peak.

3. The MK17 with an angled grip is by far the most popular choice for a primary. Blackbeard's ADS is atrocious and only with the decreased ADS time that the angled grip provides is he really even playable. I would personally bias toward a non-magnifying sight so that you can look from one area to another without leaving ADS. For barrel modification, I would go with something that reduces recoil though which one is a matter of preference and playstyle, since the angled-grip MK17's recoil is quite hefty. For secondary gadget, I would go with a breaching charge. Blackbeard is terrible for entering rooms, so the flash grenades don't really help much at all.

4. Places with lots of objectives at exterior windows like House. I'm bad with map names, so I'm not going to try to go further.

5. Favela is probably the worst.

6. Blackbeard can make any push stronger by holding down an angle or window so nothing in particular, but everything in general.

7. There are no hard counters to Blackbeard, but I would say that roamers tend to be worse for him than others since his slow speed and ADS make it exceptionally difficult to counter them. Cav, Valkyrie, Jager, Bandit, Pulse and Smoke come to mind.

8. Keep aiming down as much as possible, and pick fights that are medium range and likely to only come from one angle.

9. His ADS is very slow, his shield is very short-lived protection, and gives you away going around corners. Stay ADS as much as possible and try to hold angles where you know someone is going to pop out. You have an advantage with split-second peaking fights.

10. Close to the worst if not the worst attacker. His gadget isn't vital like Thermite's or Thatcher's, and as a straight up gunfighter, he's only alright in niche situations. His high recoil combined with low shield HP means that he can't dominate angles, only that he can win more fights than he loses. After his shields have been destroyed, he's left with what is probably the worst ADS in the game, making him the weakest operator in the game (and yes, that includes recruits).

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?

Back in the old days, Blackbeard was a real psychological force on the field, he mad roamers retreat and run around trying to flank. When his shield got nerfed to 60hp, well since then his only role is to go in and camp in a nice spot.

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.

He can kind of lock down corridors for few seconds, and he does very well while rappeling windows.

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.

I don't really play him, but his primary weapons look good. For a secondary he needs a more standardized pistol, maybe a SOCOM .45. Flashbang is pretty useless with his current walking speed.

4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?

Bomb, but I don't play him that much.

5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?

I don't know, not enough time spent playing him.

6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?

Hibana, Jackal (and shields back in the days), Hibana can make a 1 KAIROS hole for him, very effective if the height is right. Jackal can scan and BB can wait for the roamer on a choke point.

7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?

Anyone with acog or high damage weapons. Caveira if skillful and Smoke. Traps are effective on some players since the shield kind of makes them look around less.

8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?

Window rappeling, making 1 puch killholes and camping, waiting for roamers.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?

A new player should know that his gadget in the current state is not as good as it sounds like, I always had more than enough renown, but I would literally cry if I had to spend 25k on him just to realize later that he is pretty much useless.

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

Average in combat and useless for the team (unless the team is trained and communicating).

Note: Because of how slowly he strafes his shield is currently more of a beacon saying "he is coming out" than an actual shield.

Blackbeard shield effectiveness decreased

Hello to everyone . Wish u farewell .

I am really pissed at the fact that ubisoft decreased the shield health .

If u dev team r reading this u should realize that blackbeard's shield is his special ability , so it MUST come in handy , not like an ordinary peace of tech or equipment, i myself rely on it as a shield . But its USEless . He is my main attacker , plzzzz for the love of god think of something. This operator has become useless since the update . Slower , more vulnerable and with more weapon recoil i think . Thank u