Thread: R6 Community Discusses : Blackbeard | Forums

Blackbeard

For reference, Iíve been playing for about 10 months. Blackbeard is my 3rd highest picked Op, about 12.5 hours with him, currently ranked Plat 3.

I feel Blackbeard is in an ok place. I feel his mk17 needs a slight damage buff. Itís a high recoil, low capacity heavy AR, and the damage should match that weapon profile.

His shield needs a small buff. Itís just slightly underpowered against high Dpi guns. As Blackbeard itís your job to take advantage of the extra time to move out of the line of fire, but you donít get that time vs a vector or smg11.

His secondary is rediculous. Heís a navy seal, not a cartel kingpin or a 12 year old CSGO player. Please give him a viable secondary to deal with close threats and when his 21 bullets are gone. Any semi auto 9mm in the game would work, even a 1911 like the fbi has to keep with his low cap/high damage tendencies.

Please please please fix the slow run glitch when you switch to your secondary. Itís operator breaking.

Overall I love Blackbeard. He rewards map knowledge and game sense in a super satisfying way. He is good in a niche role that not many take the time to learn, which makes him very fun to take advantage of. Keep up the good work UBI

1) In your opinion, what is this operatorís primary or ideal role in the team?

Blackbeard should be used to peak everything and get kills.

2) The operatorís gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.

Blackbeard can peak around walls with less caution knowing he has a shield in front of his face. He can be effective but I believe he has been nerfed to oblivion.

3) The operatorís loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.

Blackbeards primary guns are probably the most balanced and the choice between the two can be hard. Both deal lots of damage per bullet however I think his DMR has less/more controllable recoil. His other primary is automatic which most people tend to lean towards automatic guns in the game. This really comes down to personal preference and if your trigger is good or not. The Deagle is a very good secondary pistol and I think it is very satisfying getting kills with it. I've used both stuns and breach charges with blackbeard but more recently have used breach charges. He might be the only operator now for me where I prefer the breach charges. Stun grenades are effective but are usually better on faster operator and with a 1 speed operator like blackbeard the stun could wear off by the time he gets to the enemy. Breach charges allow blackbeard to more quickly get around the map which is ideal since he is a 1 speed operator.

4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?

He can do well on any map or mode

5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?

If you were to be picky you could say blackbeard struggles on big maps with lots of paths being a slower operator but his ability isn't hindered by any map.

6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?

Maverick. When Maverick makes the smallest of holes, blackbeards shield will cover the whole hole giving blackbeard lots of protection and this is a very strong tactic. Blackbeard combined with Montagne can be a good combo for forcing defenders back and getting into the objective.

7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?

There is no operator that directly counters this operator but it's not like blackbeard needs a counter at this stage.

8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?

Blackbeard is ideal for those who are patient players and take their time. He can hold angles with confidence and for long periods of time. Although, sometimes when I play blackbeard I can be too passive and end up wasting time. There needs to be a little bit of aggression so that he can get kills. You can hold some really good angles with him and not to brag or anything but I got an ace with him without moving from a window partially because the defenders were all stupid to peak me, but also because that's what blackbeard does well.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?

Take your time but always be aware of the round timer and don't end up wasting time. Make sure you are getting kills as that's the only thing blackbeard can really do but he does it very well.

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

Blackbeard can be a very good operator however sometimes I feel like I still die really quickly as him. It only takes 2 bullets to destroy one of his shields and I think his shields are too weak in my opinion. I know some people will disagree with this but I feel like all automatic weapons kill him too quickly because of their fire rate. I would have rated him highly but now his pick rate is low and for good reason. He simply isn't that good anymore.

I ahve used him quite a bit but hus gun handling is slow and his gadget gives him away before he even has los. I feel he needs a rework in the worst way. I only use him on maps with a lot of windows and narrow hallways. I also think his weapon needs work. I have shot the .308 caliber FN Scar and it recoils no where near what it does in game. And if you added a balistic glass shield onto it (which would be very heavy) it would even recoil much less because of the added weight. I feel you are mocking the seals.

Quota Rules
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post

1) In your opinion, what is this operatorís primary or ideal role in the team?
    To be a peeker. He can peek around a corner, low hanging wall, or through a window and analyze the situation in a rather safe manner
    2) The operatorís gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    He can hold certain areas and prevent roamers from stabbing the team in the back. He can hold popular corners and corridors behind cover, denying entry of anyone who was off site.
    3) The operatorís loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    Possibly a better secondary than just the Desert Eagle(or whatever this game calls it). The guns have relatively small mags, and relying on a gun with the kickback of a mule as a secondary just doesn't really seem safe.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    Anything with a lot of corners, low hanging walls, or windows
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    Close Range maps
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    Shield Operator mayhaps?
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    Literally anybody with a decent shotgun or rapid fire SMG
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    Stick to windows, and take off the shield when trying to move around at a fast pace
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    You don't always have to try and rip through the shield to get to his head, sometimes you just gotta go for the body shots
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    He is meh

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

Page 7 of 7 ◄◄  First ... 567