Thread: R6 Community Discusses : Blackbeard | Forums

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses : Blackbeard

This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on the operator BLACKBEARD. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

So let's discuss Blackbeard:

Link to Blackbeard Operator Information HERE
    Blackbeard Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

Thanks in advance to all who share!

Links to our past discussions can be found here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont want to look someone who likes to be casually late all the time, I figured I'll go first. I don't have a lot to share because I haven't really used him all that much so I'm mainly here to pick peoples brains about him..

Id be guessing if I said to go from window to window finding roamers..seems to happen to me a lot when I come across him.

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    The gad itself is great for holding a position allowing others to advance or patient enough to give someone a reverse mohawk.

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    I'm not gonna risk getting foot-in-mouth disease answering this one..

*shakes magic 8 ball*..says 'future looks dim'... I'm deferring to someone else again..

All of them. He needs more available 'peek time' with his gad.

Montagne. He was a walking Monty with a gun before his nerfers..now he needs a sidekick to fill the gap.

Valk counters all so she's in..um..anyone with good gun game and anyone who can quickly determine its BB and shoot at his..family jewels.

Other than shooting at his 'other head'..and running like a little girl with a red hooded cape and a rabid dog chasing me?..why nothing at all.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    Um..do what I do..ping his location and lets someone with an acog take care of him.

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    I dont have enough time into him to form an 'on hands' opinion. Though, I will say that he was much more enjoyable before he got heavily nerfed. I can see the reasoning behind this..but now that we have Echo and impacts..I would enjoy seeing him with a single stronger shield once again. He had a claim to fame and was slowly getting strats built around defending against him. I dont think 1600 hp is gonna fly..but that 800 jobby seemed ok to me.

I think he will need to be re-evaluated at some point..I hope you're not done baking this guy..
     1 people found this helpful

The peeker. down hallways and through window, through murder holes he should be the first one there.

The Gadget is specifically to make peeking easier and safer. The point of the defense side of things is to stay in one spot, to camp a location, the shield he has lets him even the odds just a little. Its a good gadget.

Honestly, his weapons feel clumbsy and a little slow. I do not use him very much because of this. He is decent but he plays kinda slow. You need to give him a faster firing weapon option. Even if its just another pistol. I have never hit a single thing with the deagle much less killed anything with it.

None really, ever since the health of his shield dropped to "useless" I have not touched him because he was in turn useless as an operator.

All maps and modes

Hibana and Montagne.

Literally any operator

Dying... because hes not all that great

If an enemy does anything equivalent to a sneeze or above to your shield, it will break and you will die instantly. (please keep in mind I have not used him in a while, I really hope you buffed him)

The idea is GREAT!! you can have a character that changes the balance and closes the skill gap.
    pros can aparently headshot you with a shotgun at 200 yards while drunk, blindfolded, sleeping, while suffering the worse part of a seizure, AFTER you get the drop on them. But this concept forces them to aim somewhere OTHER than the head or at least, waste precious seconds breaking the shield so they can achieve a headshot.

If you want to make this character balanced and keep him as a viable choice, make him a heavy, low speed operator. Reduce the size of his shield and make it four or five times stronger.

He still wont be as good as Glaz, but he will be able to peek corners and survive, and be the king of murder holes. However, keep in mind that if you see him on the murder hole.... just shoot below the hole and kill him with body shots. Its not freaking hard.

I agree with snuggles. Blackbeard can use a smaller, but stronger shield.
    he often gives himself away when peeking corners. you always see his shield first. that also gives opportunity to break his shield before he even sees you.
    the shield breaks too fast aswell.
    his recoil with shield equipped is insane aswell. and then there's his slow walking pace with the shield...
    TBH when playing BB, I often feel safer and stronger without the shield.... you're faster and at least you can hit something...
     4 people found this helpful

Blackbeard as an operator is fine, the issue with him is that he was nerfed to slow his movement as he is not an entry fragger. His ADS time was hugely increased to stop him running and gunning in the hope of forcing him to be the guy that holds lines of sight and locks down areas of the map. This is the way the pros use him. The only issue with this is that his shield's Hit points were also nerfed to the point that he can't sit and lock down a corridor. Yes his shield has the ability to stop 1 maybe even 2 headshots on a really good day but with the size of it, it is usually destroyed before your head is even in view, just like chankas shield.

Personally I feel he was in a better place with his shields at 150hp but at the same time, wouldn't hate a re work of the operator. The original design concept of having metal plates either side of the gun to protect headshots with a gap in the middle would limit his view massively and would be interesting to see... This concept would mean he could still be headshot but the accuracy required to hit him in the head would be more similar to what we currently see with blitz where only a small section of the top of his head is showing above the shields.

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team? Holding down windows and preventing enemies from moving to a certain location.
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion. It's good for windows, personally I don't enter the building with Blackbeard, it can help the team but because of it's low HP it doesn't last long and you would probably be better off going as another operator.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets. His guns are good, besides the D-50. I use the assault rifle because it hits extremely hard, I don't see any reason for the DMR.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on? I think he is the same for all game modes, for maps, he's best on maps where objectives have windows that you can peak.
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on? Maps that have little to no objectives with windows, like Bank.
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team? None really, Blackbeard is a solo op IMO
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator? Echo, although any gun with a fast fire rate will rip his shield to shreds.
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why? I won't use my breaching charges unless I go into the building and plant one to distract and lure the defenders out. Then I peak the window and when they move, I kill them.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step? A new player should be aware of hitting windows because if the defenders know the attackers have a blackbeard, they will probably pre aim the windows.
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators? At this point in time, he's an ok operator. I honestly think his shield needs a HP buff, it breaks too fast and renders him useless. I would be willing to trade a shield buff for a slight weapon nerf. Otherwise, I would just pick an operator that helps the team more.

Replace his D'eagle it makes no sense. It has tons of recoil and does less damage then the makarov which in real life does less damage then any other handgun in the game (IDK how that happened). He should have a Glock 19 or the HK MK 23, The Mk23being the seal's current sidearm and the Glock being their possible future sidearm. None of his guns are good at close range, and the D'eagle is not tacticle and the Seals are extermly tactical. I feel you guys protrayed the Seals all wrong, they are a get in silent, and get out quick. Ash is way more like a seal, while I could see Blackbeard being an FBI sniper.

You could at the vary least give him a LMG being a mobile turrent would seem very fit for him, kinda like an offensive {-}7.

I think his gadget is fine like it is but his gun is really weak.

There are only two guns in the game using the 7.62 nato and they are way weaker than any 5.56 assault rifle.

Maybe you should consider going back on your nerfs on the SCAR H and capitao's FAL.

An other option for his pistol would also be welcome.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Great to see some varied feedback so far!

As I expected, some of you don't play Blackbeard at all/haven't in a while.

For those of you don't/haven't played BB, what would get you to pick him more/at all?

For those who do play BB - am I the only one who prefers his SR-25? I normally wouldn't go with a single shot if given the option, but with BB I just love the feel of the SR-25 and have been decently successful with it.

Thanks to all those who have shared so far!

That's what I normally go with is the SR-25, just cause really it sounds cool with a suppressor. Normally when I get a kill with BB its an easy one so it really doesn't matter what I pick, but I think a suppressed DMR is best for sitting in a window, the less noise the better, and having to make fewer shots help with this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►