Thread: The Dark Zone Should Drop Every Exotic | Forums

The Dark Zone Should Drop Every Exotic

The DZ shouldn't only drop Hungry Hog, Midas, Tommy Gun and Ninja Backpack. There should be a chance that all exotics could drop from DZ Named NPCs, Contaminated Events and Supply Drops. This is a reason why many don't go to the DZ anymore, besides the once that only go to the DZ to PvP. Hunters would also bring some fresh breeze into the DZ.
     2 people found this helpful

You are absolutely right.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    yep, as soon as you see the exotic drop in the DZ you know its already being sold. My biggest issue is that you grind and grind for exotics and when you get them they have horrible stats on them. ITS AN EXOTIC, make it special. Seeing as how ive gotten all of 2 Barry chest pieces after doing Lexington about 7.5 million times, you would think they would be at least decent rolls, one was 'ok' the other was horrible.

Originally Posted by InstantParty030 Go to original post
    The DZ shouldn't only drop Hungry Hog, Midas, Tommy Gun and Ninja Backpack. There should be a chance that all exotics could drop from DZ Named NPCs, Contaminated Events and Supply Drops. This is a reason why many don't go to the DZ anymore, besides the once that only go to the DZ to PvP. Hunters would also bring some fresh breeze into the DZ.
    While I absolutely agree with you, I would like the subject of exotics taken one step further. How about since they're supposed to be the rarest drop in the game that we actually get an item worthy of that rarity, instead of almost all of them being absolute garbage.

Ferro's mask-Since all the little babies that cried about it can now clear any and all status effect with a quick use of a medkit, this is just a waste of a slot.
    Barret's Bulletproof Vest-Since armor was destroyed thanks once again to the crybabies that have no attention span to be bothered with fights lasting more than a few seconds, this took a hit. It does still have some utility and value, just not what it once was.
    Shortbow Kneepads-For the moment, this one has excellent utility. I say for the moment because the crying over these is getting louder and louder. So, as the track record for over a year has shown us, it's only a matter of time until mommy and daddy at massive give in to their little entitled brats.
    Ninja Backpack-Even before the DZ changes, this was, and in it's current form, will always be bottom of the barrel trash.
    Skull Gloves-The pinnacle of exotics. Each and every single exotic needs to be on this level of value and utility. This is the only exotic that can say is better than any gold or green in the same slot. That's what makes something exotic and worth the rarity. Not simply because it has a low drop rate and it's shiny.
    Bliss Holster-This is one of the other types of exotics. For fringe builds but definitely could be used very effectively.

Now the weapons

Damascus--Seriously?...Really?...Did you even try with this one? Hey, the old western movies called and they want their talent back. Garbage.
    Centurion-I wanted to believe in this combination with it's partner, but between trying to force the mechanic of constantly switching off between weapons in the middle of a fight, and the fact that there are gold weapons that are just plain better, it's just not worth the headache of trying to force it.
    Golden Rhino-- *sigh* whatever...moving on.
    Liberator--see Centurion above. I would like to add that it's insulting to have such a rare exotic that is identical to it's HE version, except that it's base damage is actually scaled LOWER!!
    Midas--I like this talent. It's on the fringe build side of things, which is good. But, with that talent being on arguably the worst smg feels counterproductive at best.
    Hungry Hog--If we played in a Division world where cover mattered,DPS players couldn't just run through a neverending beltfed stream of 200+ bullets and burst us down, and lmg's were actually given the treatment and respect they deserve, then this gun would be amazing for a support role player.
    Warlord--Again, like the Midas, fringe build with pros and cons. And just like the Midas, you had to go and put it on the wrong weapon in my opinion.
    Tenebrae--Ehhhh...Way too situational of a talent to be worthy of the rarity.
    Historian--It's not terrible. I can live with or without it.
    Caduceus--Perfect role player's talent. Just the choice of weapon that leaves it as a hit or miss for me.
    Cassidy--I'll admit that is funny as hell when you actually kill a player with this. But at the end of the day compared to HE shotguns of much lower rarity, really?...Really?
    MedVed--Is it just me or does the name give off the feel of a medic's weapon? Anyways, the talent wouldn't be bad at all if not everybody and their unoriginal mothers weren't all preoccupied getting their jollies with their buckshot causing striker's talent to shoot through the roof.
    Thompson and Tommy gun--Much better smg's available, and don't get me started on the Dance, Dance Revolution talent.
    Pakhan--Damn good PVE weapon. Not to mention, it's hilarious to see how high you can get your ammo clip up to. My current best is a 800 something round clip.

I think that about covers the exotics. So, in my opinion, it's time to go back to the drawing board with most of these, or if they can't be bothered to do so, then increase the droprate exponentially so that the masses can get their hands on all of them. Then they'll test them out and find out for themselves that the majority of these "exotics" that they've been coveting, are junk.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Paulbolt316 Go to original post
    While I absolutely agree with you, I would like the subject of exotics taken one step further. How about since they're supposed to be the rarest drop in the game that we actually get an item worthy of that rarity, instead of almost all of them being absolute garbage.

Ferro's mask-Since all the little babies that cried about it can now clear any and all status effect with a quick use of a medkit, this is just a waste of a slot.
    Barret's Bulletproof Vest-Since armor was destroyed thanks once again to the crybabies that have no attention span to be bothered with fights lasting more than a few seconds, this took a hit. It does still have some utility and value, just not what it once was.
    Shortbow Kneepads-For the moment, this one has excellent utility. I say for the moment because the crying over these is getting louder and louder. So, as the track record for over a year has shown us, it's only a matter of time until mommy and daddy at massive give in to their little entitled brats.
    Ninja Backpack-Even before the DZ changes, this was, and in it's current form, will always be bottom of the barrel trash.
    Skull Gloves-The pinnacle of exotics. Each and every single exotic needs to be on this level of value and utility. This is the only exotic that can say is better than any gold or green in the same slot. That's what makes something exotic and worth the rarity. Not simply because it has a low drop rate and it's shiny.
    Bliss Holster-This is one of the other types of exotics. For fringe builds but definitely could be used very effectively.

Now the weapons

Damascus--Seriously?...Really?...Did you even try with this one? Hey, the old western movies called and they want their talent back. Garbage.
    Centurion-I wanted to believe in this combination with it's partner, but between trying to force the mechanic of constantly switching off between weapons in the middle of a fight, and the fact that there are gold weapons that are just plain better, it's just not worth the headache of trying to force it.
    Golden Rhino-- *sigh* whatever...moving on.
    Liberator--see Centurion above. I would like to add that it's insulting to have such a rare exotic that is identical to it's HE version, except that it's base damage is actually scaled LOWER!!
    Midas--I like this talent. It's on the fringe build side of things, which is good. But, with that talent being on arguably the worst smg feels counterproductive at best.
    Hungry Hog--If we played in a Division world where cover mattered,DPS players couldn't just run through a neverending beltfed stream of 200+ bullets and burst us down, and lmg's were actually given the treatment and respect they deserve, then this gun would be amazing for a support role player.
    Warlord--Again, like the Midas, fringe build with pros and cons. And just like the Midas, you had to go and put it on the wrong weapon in my opinion.
    Tenebrae--Ehhhh...Way too situational of a talent to be worthy of the rarity.
    Historian--It's not terrible. I can live with or without it.
    Caduceus--Perfect role player's talent. Just the choice of weapon that leaves it as a hit or miss for me.
    Cassidy--I'll admit that is funny as hell when you actually kill a player with this. But at the end of the day compared to HE shotguns of much lower rarity, really?...Really?
    MedVed--Is it just me or does the name give off the feel of a medic's weapon? Anyways, the talent wouldn't be bad at all if not everybody and their unoriginal mothers weren't all preoccupied getting their jollies with their buckshot causing striker's talent to shoot through the roof.
    Thompson and Tommy gun--Much better smg's available, and don't get me started on the Dance, Dance Revolution talent.
    Pakhan--Damn good PVE weapon. Not to mention, it's hilarious to see how high you can get your ammo clip up to. My current best is a 800 something round clip.

I think that about covers the exotics. So, in my opinion, it's time to go back to the drawing board with most of these, or if they can't be bothered to do so, then increase the droprate exponentially so that the masses can get their hands on all of them. Then they'll test them out and find out for themselves that the majority of these "exotics" that they've been coveting, are junk.
    800 in a clip?

Surely that's a typo?

You don't mean 800 rpm?

Originally Posted by RhinoCharging Go to original post
    800 in a clip?

Surely that's a typo?

You don't mean 800 rpm?
    Oh no, you read it correctly. I've found 2 ways of getting those types of large mag sizes with the Pakhan. Put meticulous on it. It has a very strange interaction where meticulous procs, it refills your mag according to whatever percentage of the talent that you've acquired thus far and then doesn't reset the counter for it. So if you can keep getting it to proc, it gets ridiculous.

The 2nd way is to use it with a skill build and just have it equipped. The talent procs with skill kills.