End_My_Life12's Avatar Banned

Is playing with (((((Honor))))) a reportable offense for griefing?

This is a serious question and I really want to get an answer, because people who claim they are playing with "honor" are absolutely ruining 4v4 modes. I've had countless games where teammates would just sit back and watch me or other teammates die and get executed rather than help us because they claim to be playing with "honor", just for them to end up not being able to win and costing us the round because they felt like roleplaying in a team based game mode.

Standing back and watching your team lose/get executed is absolutely griefing, especially when it ends up costing us the round/game. So my question is can people be punished if I report them for playing ((((((honorably))))))?

I'd love for a community manager to set this straight for everyone.
     2 people found this helpful

I don't think you're going to have much luck arguing this one. Hanging back can be used as a legitimate tactic to avoid triggering revenge mode. The second you engage in more than 1v1, the speed at which that revenge meter spikes is dramatically increased. Sometimes if you have bad positioning, it isn't worth swinging away, interrupting/friendly firing your teammate, and triggering the enemy's revenge all at once
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Eddeh07 Go to original post
    I don't think you're going to have much luck arguing this one. Hanging back can be used as a legitimate tactic to avoid triggering revenge mode. The second you engage in more than 1v1, the speed at which that revenge meter spikes is dramatically increased. Sometimes if you have bad positioning, it isn't worth swinging away, interrupting/friendly firing your teammate, and triggering the enemy's revenge all at once
    I completely understand hanging back to not trigger revenge, but that's not what these honor people do. They hang back, watch the enemy get revenge thanks to revenge gear, and don't do a damn thing to help you even when the enemy has revenge already. And if you lose they'll happily watch the enemy execute you so you can't get revived and the enemy gets a health bonus.

I play to win, bro. To win! There isn't honor in a war, it is just a matter of surviving and winning... no matter what.
    This means that I gank the enemy whenever there is a chance, I throw him off a cliff if it is more convenient than engaging him in a dangerous duel and so on.

In addition to that, ganking, throwing off a cliff or in the spikes are game mechanics, not exploits, so I'm ok if they do that to me too! I may rage a bit, but I rage everytime I die in a game, so it is ok.

As Eddeh and End_My_Life12 said, hanging back is necessary to prevent the enemy from building revenge FAST. I'm not that good at For Honor (I only got Rep.1 yesterday), but what I understood by playing is that in 2/3/4 vs 1 scenario:

1) Position yourself well: you should at all costs avoid hitting your teammate. You'd interrupt and hurt him a bit, give an opening to your enemy to flee or strike.

2) Be aware of what your teammate is doing too: mindless bashing won't do any good, I learned it the hard way. Look at your teammate, try to coordinate your attacks with his ones. Don't attack the enemy if he has just parried an attack from your teammate, since he has a small window in which he parries your attacks too, no matter your stance. This means that you're helping your enemy in building his revenge faster. Wait for the right occasion to strike!

3) Don't let bloodlust cloud your judgement: it doesn't matter who deals the final strike. The only thing that matters is that your team wins the match, so play for your team and don't give your enemy a chance to survive by giving him unnecessary revenge. And by the way, the game awards assist-men with a takedown too.

4) Finally you don't have to assume you're winning because you outnumber your enemy: I learned this too the hard way. If he is good, when he gets revenge he will literally hand your *** and let you bit the dust.

Please feel free to correct me, I'm still learning how to play
     3 people found this helpful

I hate the honor dudes more than gankers.

There is a 1v1 for a purpose....

I've said this before but being honorable is no good if your dead. The winner is the hero. Rember that while evily cackling, kicking someone off a ledge or into fire.

It could be indeed, why not
    In 4 vs 4, it's like playing agaisnt his own team after all (besides strategic management of a geared oponent in 2v1, which of course should be taken with caution to not feed him with revenge)

Said people don't understand what is honor to begin with, and doesn't seem to be clever enough to understand all the irony behind said title, even more emphasized by the story mode.
    And .... there isn't one definition of honor to begin with.
    But dense people and mindless weebs can't see that.

I often do that, not for honor tho, but for enjoyment. Ganking someone is no fun to me. If there is a big teamfight I'll happily join, but if I see a 1v1 I let it end and then do my own 1v1. Another reason is that if the guy has some good gear, it can backfire and make sure you lose the round.

If you're already dead, why do you actually care whether or not you win the round? There is no ranking, you're already dead so your K/D ratio has already taken a hit, and the win ratio in 4v4 is completely irrelevant.

Originally Posted by Iuslez_ Go to original post
    I often do that, not for honor tho, but for enjoyment. Ganking someone is no fun to me. If there is a big teamfight I'll happily join, but if I see a 1v1 I let it end and then do my own 1v1. Another reason is that if the guy has some good gear, it can backfire and make sure you lose the round.

If you're already dead, why do you actually care whether or not you win the round? There is no ranking, you're already dead so your K/D ratio has already taken a hit, and the win ratio in 4v4 is completely irrelevant.
    I care because some people enjoy winning. And the majority of the time I'm still alive and against someone in elimination with multiple buffs, meanwhile my teammate just hangs back and watches the fight as if I'm meant to easily take down someone with a shield and attack buff.

Also it's funny you make the argument that if they have good gear it can backfire, because watching the entire 1v1 and then fighting them after means you're fighting someone with an almost full revenge bar, letting them get revenge almost immediately, which is incredibly stupid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►