Thread: Ubisoft Toronto hiring a new community developer. Time to communicate about SC 7? | Forums

  1. #51
    Anyone remember when DLC was FREE and it was made AFTER the game released?
    Share this post

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    Anyone remember when DLC was FREE and it was made AFTER the game released?
    I do ^_^
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #53
    coltcat's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    613
    Originally Posted by H0EY Go to original post
    I think they will, before BL even launched they had a huge thread with a huge amount of feedback about missing elements that actually made SC a SC game.
    If they actually took a few weeks and read the forum before going into production then put the core suggestions that most people agree on into action they should have a solid foundation to build on.
    If they haven't taken the feedback on board then there's no point been here giving feedback.
    Or they could've already made the next game while ignoring any feedbacks, and the game is still(or even more) action oriented, that's why they need to hire a new more skillful negotiator to talk us into the same trap this time.
    Proof:ubi don't have any commu-dev during legacy era, it only puff into place after conviction. it's all a part of the cover-up plan to get us in the line. XD


    Originally Posted by The4orTy67 Go to original post
    Ahh can't wait to spend $20 on pink night vision goggles.
    and we'll need it, because in SC:GO the dark zone is literally a dark place. (wow, that's sounds a bit fun,right?)


    Originally Posted by SCAgent95 Go to original post
    How about the game being complete 100% without any need for DLC? T.
    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    Anyone remember when DLC was FREE and it was made AFTER the game released?
    I want DLCs, I'll pay for it... IF it really got contents!
    ie. in SCBL terms, at least 8+ more levels of side campaign or something, Not 2 new maps plus 2 indistinguishable guns and 4 ugly outfit and it cost 15$
    I've paid for dishonored KOD DLCs and they worth every penny.
    Share this post

  4. #54
    I want DLCs, I'll pay for it... IF it really got contents!
    Yeah, if the game itself is good first.

    Oblivion's Shivering Isles was superb and that expansion was worth every penny. I'm glad they made it and I have no regrets buying it.

    The game needs to be GOOD first... before you put out any extra content, make sure people actually like the game first, THEN go make extra content for it.

    Does anyone remember before Blacklist even came out, there was already a screenshot leaked of the paladin menu? And at the top right it showed "Angel Fire DLC". These ****ers already had content ready to squeeze out of the game's ****** and nothing was even played yet.

    If we see any of this Season Pass ******** or "Pre-order now and give Sam a golden jockstrap" or some other anti-consumer bull****, you'll already know, it's a cashgrab. They're obviously not confident enough in the game itself so they have to sell you on pre-order garbage.
    Share this post

  5. #55
    H0EY's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,242
    Originally Posted by coltcat Go to original post
    Or they could've already made the next game while ignoring any feedbacks, and the game is still(or even more) action oriented, that's why they need to hire a new more skillful negotiator to talk us into the same trap this time.
    Proof:ubi don't have any commu-dev during legacy era, it only puff into place after conviction. it's all a part of the cover-up plan to get us in the line. XD
    Hahaha you might be right, anything is possible.
    The thing that gives me hope is that after the BL gameplay reveal they rushed out the damage control video because of the reaction.
    If they haven't learned from that it's a lost cause.

    I think they will put alot of the missing mechanics back in and give the game more dept, especially if they go the large sandbox route.
    I think interrogations will definitely return but it's how they handle them is the thing i'm concerned about. If they are like GRW that's pretty bad for a SC game, they should be more organic and natural like CT, not just grab one specific NPC.

    Edit:
    Back then social media wasn't really a thing and broadband wasn't as readily available, no Youtube et.
    They probably didn't really feel the need one, a large amount of people got game info from magazines and cave paintings
    Share this post

  6. #56
    [QUOTE=H0EY;12478399]


    Oh my god, I remember when Zack Cooper asked me on Facebook to stop talking **** about the game. Then when this was revealed, I asked him what about all the scripted **** where Sam is loud as **** and barges through windows like a swat unit to take out people? He NEVER gave me a straight forward answer. He just brushed it off and ignored me... AND PEOPLE SAY HE'S A GOOD COMMUNITY DEVELOPER

    This is the kind of **** I'm talking about. They don't care about you. They just want to half-*** everything, put in a little tiny pinch of stealth SOMEWHERE in the game, show it to you, and then say "Oh, you can make the WHOLE GAME like this!" When in reality, you can't at all.
    Share this post

  7. #57
    H0EY's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,242
    That's why i'm pretty optimistic they will have learned from BL, one of the biggest criticisms of BL was the cinematic and exotic sequences AKA forced action.
    SC was never about the over the top action, they tried it out, it didn't go down very well. Lets get back to making SC about stealth first and foremost.

    Take inspiration for level design from Hitman 2016, MGSGZ, Hawkins Seafront, Border Crossing, CT Bank and the good stuff
    Don't put a train in it like BL then expect people to go "Oh look a train, it's like Pandora Tomorrow" I can appreciate the nod but it's how it's implemented that's important.
    Bring back the micro management that gave the old games depth and made them interesting.
    Dump M&E, LKP, CTC, and absolutely NO auto crouch, NO RC car or other stupid gimmicks.

    Like i keep saying time will tell.
    Share this post

  8. #58
    That's why i'm pretty optimistic they will have learned from BL
    I"m kind of not. They didn't learn from Conviction. Why would they learn from Blacklist?

    Take inspiration for level design from Hitman 2016,
    Didn't play the new Hitman since the Abomination from 2012 left fans repulsed, but the levels do look neat in the new one.

    MGSGZ
    Yes, SPECIFICALLY Ground Zeroes. NOT The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes' level design was good, but since this is Splinter Cell, all it would need is a few extra vents, crawlspaces, cliffs, hidden paths etc. AND DON'T TELL THE PLAYER WHERE THEY ARE. WTF. Seriously, what's the point in exploring if you tell the player where all your hidden paths are. That only makes the player want to look for one path you HAVEN'T told him about only to find out that was the only hidden path.

    Hawkins Seafront
    Well thanks to the broken shadow system in Blacklist, there's only one way to really traverse this level. So if they fix shadows in the new one, then sure, I guess.

    Border Crossing
    No. Not daytime maps anymore. The most light I want is morning or evening. Not mid-day. This is the problem we had with Double Agent having only TWO nighttime maps and ONE of the two being only 5 minutes long.

    CT Bank
    YES.

    Don't put a train in it like BL then expect people to go "Oh look a train, it's like Pandora Tomorrow"
    HAHA, I never ONCE thought of the Trainyard ending to be a nod towards PT. If that was their goal, they seriously missed.

    Bring back the micro management that gave the old games depth and made them interesting.
    Dump M&E, LKP, CTC, and absolutely NO auto crouch, NO RC car or other stupid gimmicks.
    I don't know what LKP or CTC is but you had me at "Dump M&E". I want my ******* jump button back.
    Share this post

  9. #59
    This!

    CT Bank as the man said.
    I'd also like to add Penthouse, Displace and Hokkaido, SC1 CIA mission and PT Jerusalem into the mix.
    Share this post

  10. #60
    H0EY's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,242
    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    I"m kind of not. They didn't learn from Conviction. Why would they learn from Blacklist?
    They probably thought the play your way would cover it, it was their first game as lead studio so might have been pushed in the more action orientated direction.
    They might point to BL as an example and say "Look, it's not what people want"

    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    Didn't play the new Hitman since the Abomination from 2012 left fans repulsed, but the levels do look neat in the new one.
    They are very nice, especially Paris and Sapienza. Loads of veticality and multiple routes.



    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    Yes, SPECIFICALLY Ground Zeroes. NOT The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes' level design was good, but since this is Splinter Cell, all it would need is a few extra vents, crawlspaces, cliffs, hidden paths etc. AND DON'T TELL THE PLAYER WHERE THEY ARE. WTF. Seriously, what's the point in exploring if you tell the player where all your hidden paths are. That only makes the player want to look for one path you HAVEN'T told him about only to find out that was the only hidden path.
    I would even double GZ in size have 4 infiltration and extraction points and put a building like Paris from Hitman smack in the middle but with more secret routes and access to the roof top.


    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    Well thanks to the broken shadow system in Blacklist, there's only one way to really traverse this level. So if they fix shadows in the new one, then sure, I guess
    Not really you can go around the side or go through the front door then right or straight , head to the roof work your way back down through the co-op route, it's not perfect but it's better than most of BL


    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    No. Not daytime maps anymore. The most light I want is morning or evening. Not mid-day. This is the problem we had with Double Agent having only TWO nighttime maps and ONE of the two being only 5 minutes long.
    I'm talking about the actual map design, take that philosophy and increase the map size at least 20 times, the building with the lasers has varying routes for such a small map. It's a small sandbox like HItman 2016 training area.
    I'd like to pick the time of day before the mission, it could also add replay value.

    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    HAHA, I never ONCE thought of the Trainyard ending to be a nod towards PT. If that was their goal, they seriously missed.
    I think it could have been, it's the first thing i thought.

    Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    I don't know what LKP or CTC is but you had me at "Dump M&E". I want my ******* jump button back.
    Last known position from AC and Cover to Cover system from BL and WD, i know you don't have to use them but let us disable them in the options if they are in.
    It just stream lines everything.
    Share this post