Hi,

I'm currently using the mouse for viewing and a Saitek Cyborg joystick. I'm fairly comfortable using the mouse for viewing and cannot consider the Hat button for snap/pan view.

I plan to buy the x45. I will use the throttle only, as the x45 stick is for users with monster hands. However, is this possible? Will the old Cyborg stick work as the main stick with the throttle set?

Secondly, how well does the little mouse button work on the x45 throttle? Can I use it for viewing just like I use the mouse? Any inputs regarding this are most welcome.

Thanks,
    The Mig Pimp

Hi,

I'm currently using the mouse for viewing and a Saitek Cyborg joystick. I'm fairly comfortable using the mouse for viewing and cannot consider the Hat button for snap/pan view.

I plan to buy the x45. I will use the throttle only, as the x45 stick is for users with monster hands. However, is this possible? Will the old Cyborg stick work as the main stick with the throttle set?

Secondly, how well does the little mouse button work on the x45 throttle? Can I use it for viewing just like I use the mouse? Any inputs regarding this are most welcome.

Thanks,
    The Mig Pimp

B16Enk's Avatar Senior Member
    1. yes, I use a MSFFB2 as my main stick.

2. The throttle mouse works very well.

I'm not sure what you mean by a moster of a hand but this is mine and I use the x-45 with no problems.

Have you checked your Private Topics recently?
    131st_Toad's Squad link
    My TrackIR fix, Read the whole thread
    2.11 drivers

lbhskier37's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont think my hands are monster, and they work fine with the X-45. As for the hat switches, you can set any of the ones on the thottle or stick to emulate a mouse. For me I have the main hat on the stick used as the mouse view when the stick is shifted (pinkie trigger acts as shift key to double possible commands) and snap view when it is unshifted. This way I can easily pan my view smoothly, or snap it quickly with the same finger.

Official "uber190n00b"
    "Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be." Adolf Galland

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    You can use the X45 in conjunction with any other stick in FB. You can use the X45 stick strictly as a button bay like i do... the mouse pan works great and after time is almost as good if not just as good as TIR.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

Thanks for your replies!

T.O.A.D I'm not American, so the dollar bill gives me no clue to your hand size. However, your hairy wrists suggests that they are more "werewolf" than "monster" ;-) I put my hands on the x45 set in a store, and I could barely reach the top buttons on the stick. Guess I have small hands.

Ibhskier, how do you set up the hat button to get the mouse view? Is this what this "New view" is supposed to do?

Again, thanks mates,

Mig Pimp

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MiG_PIMP:
    Ibhskier, how do you set up the hat button to get the mouse view? Is this what this "New view" is supposed to do?

Again, thanks mates,

Mig Pimp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The SST profiling software that comes with the X-45 includes the option to set any hat on the stick to mouse emulation. Make sure you check Saitek's site to ensure you have the latest version!

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use

Salut
    Tully

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MiG_PIMP:
    T.O.A.D I'm not American, so the dollar bill gives me no clue to your hand size. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The dollar bill is about 10 inches long so Toad's hands are about the same size as a 15" monitor screen, i.e. perfect size for X45

I have a pretty much average size hand, but not too long fingers and I have to confess that I sometimes have slight problems getting a comfortable grip on my X45 - I namely have to adjust my left hand a bit when operating the rudder rocker and/or my right hand when using the upper hat/buttons on the stick. I'm currently contemplating about using just the throttle handle and some twist joystick like Microsoft Precision Pro to help with these small annoyances...

--
    Tylymiez - the official choice of n00b-hunters since 2002!

Hi!
    You don´t need big hands for using the X-45, one hat on top of the stick is hard to reach, but I haven´t programmed any combatneedtogetfastfunctions on that hat.
    The mouse cursor control is great for panning the view with. I even use the rudder in the throttle, it´s sometimes hard to reach when you have full gas on. I´ve heard that some people have inverted the throttle for easier reach. The X-45 is quite stiff in the beginning but will soften at time.

I think the X45 is great, it´s cheap for what you get and it´s easy to program. Just go buy it!!