Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Manager

Uplay PC Client – February 28 Update

Hello Folks,

Today we released a patch for the Uplay PC Client including a new chat window that makes it easier for the user to keep several chats open at the same time. You can find this new feature in the clients navigation bar.

Changes in this release:
    • A new Chat button can be found next to the Friends button in the top right of the client. This will give you quick and easy access to all of your conversations in one window
    • We’ve made some changes to the way games are pre-loaded. In some cases this will help minimize the size of any additional data needed once the game becomes playable
    • Using the “Go Online” option will now override “Always launch in Offline mode” causing the client to run in online mode the next time it is launched

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed Actions and Rewards not loading for games that are not yet playable
    • Fixed certain instances in which the “Remember Me” function was not working correctly and displayed a false error message about incorrect log in details
    • Fixed the activation window not disappearing after clicking “Ok” when activating a free game/demo/beta from an external link

Additional Notes:
    • For users that are missing VoIP chat please be aware that it will be returning in the near future

We hope that you like the new patch and we welcome any feedback that you might have!

You can give us feedback directly on the official Uplay feedback forums.

- The Uplay team

Hi there Ubi-Johan, good update.
    Is Uplay going to have new features added such as in game web browser, screenshot sharing, time tracking for all games, in client profile, etc, in future update (maybe near future)?

Hello,

when will it be turned on again? Actually it fkd up my recording settings in Rainbow. Alternatively, where can I adjust the settings manually?
    (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-chat-settings)

Greetings

Ubi-Johan's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Ortografy Go to original post
    Hello,

when will it be turned on again? Actually it fkd up my recording settings in Rainbow. Alternatively, where can I adjust the settings manually?
    (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-chat-settings)

Greetings
    Hello,

We have no current information of when this feature will be reintroduced in our client.

However, we released a update today that might have addressed the issue you have been experiencing. Make sure that the correct recording device is selected in Windows, and try again after having updated the Uplay client

Let me know if it still doesn't work!

/ Johan

Hello Johan,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately the record settings still reset.
    Recording device is selected correctly, the mic works in all other applications I use (Discord, Curse, TS)

Ortografy

Hello, i've also wondering when it'll be back. I got a new pair of HyperX Cloud Cores after the Uplay update so i never got to switch it in my chat settings. I have tried everything including setting it to default device and disabling other devices. It used to work at one point then the whole mic icon just disappeared. The mic still works in discord and every other game. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Can't talk in game anymore!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Johan Go to original post
    Hello Folks,

Today we released a patch for the Uplay PC Client including a new chat window that makes it easier for the user to keep several chats open at the same time. You can find this new feature in the clients navigation bar.

Changes in this release:
    • A new Chat button can be found next to the Friends button in the top right of the client. This will give you quick and easy access to all of your conversations in one window
    • We’ve made some changes to the way games are pre-loaded. In some cases this will help minimize the size of any additional data needed once the game becomes playable
    • Using the “Go Online” option will now override “Always launch in Offline mode” causing the client to run in online mode the next time it is launched

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed Actions and Rewards not loading for games that are not yet playable
    • Fixed certain instances in which the “Remember Me” function was not working correctly and displayed a false error message about incorrect log in details
    • Fixed the activation window not disappearing after clicking “Ok” when activating a free game/demo/beta from an external link

Additional Notes:
    • For users that are missing VoIP chat please be aware that it will be returning in the near future

We hope that you like the new patch and we welcome any feedback that you might have!

You can give us feedback directly on the official Uplay feedback forums.

- The Uplay team
    Can't talk in game anymore, in fact it doesn't even detect my microphone...This update is complete garbage. You ruined the most important part of this game for me, thank you. Before you copy and paste the same message i've seen many times, Yes I already set my microphone has default, Yes I made sure my drivers were gucci, and yes it has nothing to do with me. Fix your stupid client please!
     2 people found this helpful

Still nothing

It has been 2 months since you guys promised to let us adjust our voice chat settings in the uplay client. Guess what??? Nothing happened at all. I am still sitting here waiting for you guys to fix this problem. And what do you guys mean with ''The near future''. It has been 2 months maybe 3. Is that near to you guys or what. I can't even play my favorite game properly. Thanks ubi!!!!
     1 people found this helpful

Still nothing!!!

Its already almost half a year that you disabled this function and you still did not bring it back!!! I dont get my mic workin in Rainbow Six Siege so its useless to play this game...gg ubi...

Hadji-'s Avatar Junior Member
    So... VoIP chat.. When??