Loki-PF's Avatar Senior Member
    Salute All,

I'm a noob here and also new to IL2 FB AEP. Just love this game. Funny story about how I came here.... I was playing another game called medievil total war quite alot and a member of that communities forum. A thread came up about what games others were playing. IL2 got raves. Which was funny because before then I'd never heard of it. And I'm a big Ubi fan because of Ghost Recon. A buddy and I have been pine-ing in the worst way for a good WWII flight sim. We had both fallen in love with "Aces of the Pacific" wayyyyy back in the day and felt that there had never been one as good since (or even many to try for that matter). Keep in mind I said WWII sim. There's been plenty of good modern air combat FS out there (If you like system manegement, watching scopes and alot of BVR stuff, but hey I'm showing my bias! )

Anyway Hi To all. Hope to learn enough here to be a threat to someone besides myself online soon!

Loki-PF's Avatar Senior Member
    Salute All,

I'm a noob here and also new to IL2 FB AEP. Just love this game. Funny story about how I came here.... I was playing another game called medievil total war quite alot and a member of that communities forum. A thread came up about what games others were playing. IL2 got raves. Which was funny because before then I'd never heard of it. And I'm a big Ubi fan because of Ghost Recon. A buddy and I have been pine-ing in the worst way for a good WWII flight sim. We had both fallen in love with "Aces of the Pacific" wayyyyy back in the day and felt that there had never been one as good since (or even many to try for that matter). Keep in mind I said WWII sim. There's been plenty of good modern air combat FS out there (If you like system manegement, watching scopes and alot of BVR stuff, but hey I'm showing my bias! )

Anyway Hi To all. Hope to learn enough here to be a threat to someone besides myself online soon!

wayno7777's Avatar Senior Member
    Welcome! May you become addicted like the rest of us.

World War Two Weekend June 4-6, 2004 Reading, PA
    Over 70 planes including a P-38 (hopin' for GG)

Gen. Carl Spaatz: "I'd rather have an airplane that goes like hell and has a few things wrong with it than one that won't go like hell and has a few things wrong with it."
    Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

S!

Good luck! Too many planes. Too many questions about Fms and Dms..and the weather..

if it is as muddy as last year..it feels too realistic! Ah, did you think I was referring to the game?

I decided to reload this game after watching the Yak9 replica breaking wingtip air. The pilot had never heard of Il2- go fiqure!

I crawled thru the Mephis Bell and wondered how anyone ever got out in a chute! Oleg should develop a new technology to his sim...as it loads it releases "old plane odors". Man they smell good!

[This message was edited by LuckyNed on Sun May 30 2004 at 08:27 PM.]

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    hell - I get around that one by releasing "plane old odors" of my own.

it's not very new technology I'm afraid, but it saves RAM for the sim.