Thread: Done with the Crew. | Forums

There is a reason why Ubisoft gave those games out for free

Long story short, those games are ****ty and badly optimized.

Concept of fast travel and useless point systems is written all over their Uplay craps.

I thought i would be having a fun time racing with The Crew, but im just really disappointed.

DemonMachine's Avatar Member
    I played the beta of the Crew and thought it had some serious potential. They had a lot of different bugs to address and a ton of content to introduce. I got sidetracked by Ghost Recon Online, which then transformed into Ghost Recon Phantoms. Once they announced the death of it and picked up on R6S and Wildlands, everything else took a back seat....I mean EVERYTHING. I think the Crew is no exception to this rule. Ubi has proven that they will kill a game in a drop of a hat if it becomes too much of a hassle and with the Crew having been coded in 2014, numerous sketchy add ons and variations, with little to no support from Ivory Tower, I think it might get the hammer.

Oh, Forza...

I'm thinking in fully upgrade my PC and give up my fears and install Win10 just because Forza. So beautiful, so believable. Looks so "Shift 2 Unleashed": hard, challenging, realistic.

Do it, man! Play Forza!

P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Vingrask Go to original post
    Oh, Forza...

I'm thinking in fully upgrade my PC and give up my fears and install Win10 just because Forza. So beautiful, so believable. Looks so "Shift 2 Unleashed": hard, challenging, realistic.

Do it, man! Play Forza!
    Nah. I got the Forza. It has better graphics, it has better customization. But the handling is in bar with TC (both have some major flaws and both have some good sides). The activities are better in TC in my opinion. Map is way more better than Forza. The drivatars in Forza are annoying. The gameplay is bad in Forza, but the multiplayer aspect in Forza is much more solid than it is in TC. Also, the left hand drive in Australia isn't my cup of tea.

I admit, that I've somewhat taken a break from TC because of the poor multiplayer content and the immense load of bugs. I do get online once or twice a week to participate in the Summit and in the Freedrive community challenge, but that is it. I used to play every day at least 3 hours (average 5h)... After the last patches my game crashes within 1h and once it does, I can not find the strenght to start the game again. So at the moment it has gone down from 35h per week to 2-3h per week...

Since I already have the Forza, I have tried that few more times, but I can't get myself used to it and can't kind of find my place there... So there is no good car game for me at the moment...

For those who go TL;DR:
    Good:
    Forza Horizon 3 = BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS, GOOD CUSTOMIZATION
    The Crew = LARGE MAP WITH THE BEST VARIATION, GOOD ACTIVITIES (mainly solo)
    Bad:
    FH3 = Small and limited map, left hand drive, drivatars (player looking cars that are actually artificial)
    TC = Insane load of bugs and glitches, broken multiplayer.
    The above are my personal opinions on both games and are not a subject to discussion nor argument.

CAU's way of horribly breaking all the online features of a game that is completely focused on being a online 'mmo' racer, and Ubisoft not managing or probably caring enough to get their broken game working again almost half a year after its release, has completely killed all the enjoyment I used to get out of The Crew.

Not gonna lie, I'm mad as hell at Ubisoft for shoving CAU onto the market, no doubt WELL aware how it was going to affect the game.

Done with The Crew, done with Ubisoft. They're not going to pull something like this on me again.

P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Holy crap... Yesterday evening I had a friend of mine online, that I haven't seen online for the whole year, I think. Now he left because he got pissed off of the unstable crew connection and we were not able to do things together. Hell, he is the guy, who bought me the CAU just to play cops together. I'm uploading a video of that game session. Since my uploading time is limited to two hours, then I don't have the exact beginning.
    First thing - we were not able to form a crew. We got the message - unable to join a crew. (no recording of that).
    Second thing - we roamed aroung and there were 0 other players in our session and we did not get any invites to any chases (as a cop).
    Okay, I gave up and I was like, what ever, I will be the racer (spoiler - I was bad at it, not intentionally). We were able to do about two chases and then the mayhem started - he did not get any invites. This went on for long. I initiated and aborted the chases many times and sometimes we were able to start it. Then we were invisible at random times. Oh, the agony went on for about 1,5h. Then we gave up and tought that OK, let's finish up the night with some FD challenges. First race - cool, we had a race. Then we tought that OK, let's try one more time with another spec and boom, black never ending loading screen - solution = ALT+Tab and kill the game. We had a few hours of torment to just to stick together and at the end the game just bugged us out.

WTF ?? THE CREW they say - that is literally spitting in the face by the developers! I've been calm and cool, but yesterday I got mad! I have almost no people online who would think alike and whome I could do things together and when there is someone, then we can't do things together just because the game is intolerable with it's lack of multiplayer abilites. AND UBISOFT CALLS THIS A MMO game? Get The Frack Out!

Video of the session (be warned, it is 2h long and not much happens besides waiting and trying):