Thread: Fan Community Weekly Challenges | Forums

  1. #1
    MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    962

    Fan Community Weekly Challenges

    Hello 510's! Our Crew is organizing themed weekly challenges! Basically it means participating with specified spec and vehicle every week.

    3 new challenges are published every week:
    * Freedrive challenge (only Wild Run owners);
    * Skill challenge;
    * Mission challenge (story or faction mission).

    Although this competition won't have any real prizes, except fame - your nickname will be written on our winner's image!

    All info can be found here: http://tc-weekly.us.lt/

    Best of luck and see you on the roads!

    Tutorial (how to participate and submit time):

    Old website with info: http://tc-weekly.us.lt/old_web/
     5 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    962
    Old website winners:
    Share this post

  3. #3
    P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    594
    I've tought about similar things myself and to make it fully legit and fair with others, then I'd say that it has to be done in a crew and a recording must be provided of the race. Nowadays it is very easy to get a recording of your gameplay, so it is not much to ask as a proof. Without that the time is not valid.
    Just an idea.

    Good luck!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    962
    Originally Posted by P6tu Go to original post
    I've tought about similar things myself and to make it fully legit and fair with others, then I'd say that it has to be done in a crew and a recording must be provided of the race. Nowadays it is very easy to get a recording of your gameplay, so it is not much to ask as a proof. Without that the time is not valid.
    Just an idea.

    Good luck!
    Hi. Thanks! So far no results has been posted. About videos - still not everyone owns fast internet so it's not so easy for everyone to upload video. Also I don't have time to check every video to see if it's legit. Also even now people can post video instead of picture if they want it.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    594
    Originally Posted by MindaugasXLTU Go to original post
    Hi. Thanks! So far no results has been posted. About videos - still not everyone owns fast internet so it's not so easy for everyone to upload video. Also I don't have time to check every video to see if it's legit. Also even now people can post video instead of picture if they want it.
    I will give a try to this track this evening so you'll get a time / result :P.
    Regarding videos, they can be quite optimized. So not very good internet would be required to upload the video. And you would not have to check every video - just the ones that have the best times.

    I've been thinking of creating a long raid run and I'd like to have a competition and not just in a crew, but with many participants. And with long run, I'm thinking of over 500km run (so a days job to get it complete). Like a real Dakar rally thing. My main problem, why I haven't done it yet, is the lack of available checkpoints. It is possible to make a 500km run, but it would not be like I would want it to be. I want the race to stay only on dirt roads or off-road...
    Share this post

  6. #6
    P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    594
    I'm not sure, if it is just me, but I can't add my time to the given site. So:
    Was a poor race so it can be definitely done quicker... It was first run :P. Didn't have time for another run.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    962
    Originally Posted by P6tu Go to original post
    I'm not sure, if it is just me, but I can't add my time to the given site. So:
    Was a poor race so it can be definitely done quicker... It was first run :P. Didn't have time for another run.
    What error do you get? Because if you can't enter below it writes what is bad. Maybe you didnt input pin code?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    594
    Originally Posted by MindaugasXLTU Go to original post
    What error do you get? Because if you can't enter below it writes what is bad. Maybe you didnt input pin code?
    OK, got it. I didn't understand that I have to enter a pin code part clearly before.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    962
    Originally Posted by P6tu Go to original post
    OK, got it. I didn't understand that I have to enter a pin code part clearly before.
    Don't know how to explain it more. It's like password for your entry. If you want to update it, you need to use that code (otherwise any other player could change your time).
    Share this post

  10. #10
    MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    962
    Congratulations to our Impala Week Challenge Winner - SP_666!

    Next challenge starts tomorrow evening. For the next 3 weeks challenges are already scheduled. After that we will see about the future of these challenges, because current challenge only had 4 participants (3 of our crew and only 1 other player).
    Share this post

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... Last ►►