View Poll Results: Should War Assets only be allocated if you play within your chosen faction?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
    Aarpian's Avatar Senior Member
    I think realistically all it will do is pigeon hole you and make you feel bad for picking any characters outside of your faction.
    If I think "hey maybe I'll play Orochi" then I immediately have to think "but I will be gimping my faction if I do", and thus you are less likely to do it, less likely to ever get good with that character and more likely to stay playing the same faction forever because you don't know anything else.
    It's a small thing that will snowball.

Originally Posted by Aarpian Go to original post
    I think realistically all it will do is pigeon hole you and make you feel bad for picking any characters outside of your faction.
    If I think "hey maybe I'll play Orochi" then I immediately have to think "but I will be gimping my faction if I do", and thus you are less likely to do it, less likely to ever get good with that character and more likely to stay playing the same faction forever because you don't know anything else.
    It's a small thing that will snowball.
    I think that just really depends on how it's implemented and how they structure allowing you to try out other factions. The one example that comes to mind (because it ate up a significant portion of my life in the early 2000s) is Planetside. You had to pick one faction in that specific realm, and you were locked into the weapons/gear tied to that faction (unless you picked it up off a dead enemy). If you wanted to play as a different faction, you had to pick a new realm/server. It didn't bother me in the least that I could only play as one specific faction in a specific realm, and there were plenty of players that stuck around in that situation as well.

Never really got into the game, but think of Horde vs Alliance in World of Warcraft as another example.

I'm not saying that For Honor will be or should be structured this way, just providing an example where you make your decision and have to stick with that particular faction, without taking away from the opportunity to explore the other factions/offerings.