Watchdogs 2 Save data lost.

I logged in to play Watchdogs 2 and I was shocked to see myself entering the hackerspace for the first time. I was wearing an outfit I had never purchased and all of my save data was lost. It almost seems like someone else stole my account info and had overwritten my save data. I need this to be looked in to. I have never had a single issue playing this game.

All of these people posting they lost there saves scares me. Any one know which files I need to back up my game saves?

Turn off cloud saves!!!

Just got done with live chat, They deny that somehow cloud saves are getting crossed between accounts and simply state that nothing can be done about people losing their save games. I would suggest everyone turning off cloud saves.

ME: You can also see the last Operation finished was Operation: Hacker War

UBISOFT: Interesting. Not sure what may have happened sadly. Unfortunately if you aren't able to bring up your normal save there is no way for us to recover it. I've heard of saves going missing, and saves reverting back to an older save point. But another players save wouldn't be possible as saves are directly linked to your Uplay account and can't be shared between accounts at all.

ME:So the random save that I have now, with 0% progress and the goofy clothes got there how?

UBISOFT: Honestly, I have no idea. As I mentioned it isn't even possible with the way the system is setup to use another users save data. So how a save that possibly isn't yours ended up on your account is very strange.

ME:In reading the forums I'm not the first to have this issue
    ME:just seems to be unresolved

UBISOFT: I just got finished speaking with the game lead, he's going to send up a report to the dev team for this to be looked into however that would be all we can do at this time. If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

Save date location

Saves are located on the drive your game is installed on

Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegames/(REALLY LONG FILE NAME HERE LIKE 472e303e-3030303932kf-whatever)/(random 4 digit number)2688

The 2 saves that are in my folder are not my saves, but someone elses. So go figure, guess I should start all over again. Unless someone wants to give me their save after HACKER WAR was completed.

Ubi-Pickles's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Originally Posted by Gerzis1 Go to original post
    Saves are located on the drive your game is installed on

Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegames/(REALLY LONG FILE NAME HERE LIKE 472e303e-3030303932kf-whatever)/(random 4 digit number)2688

The 2 saves that are in my folder are not my saves, but someone elses. So go figure, guess I should start all over again. Unless someone wants to give me their save after HACKER WAR was completed.

Hi! Please try the steps below to retrieve your lost data.

1. Go offline
    2. Start the game and see if the data loads
    3. if it does play and then turn off, then turn back on online
    4. You will be asked which save data to use
    5. Choose local
    6. Then that will overwrite the cloud save

Already did this

I already ran through this procedure. My saves are gone.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Pickles Go to original post
    Hi! Please try the steps below to retrieve your lost data.

1. Go offline
    2. Start the game and see if the data loads
    3. if it does play and then turn off, then turn back on online
    4. You will be asked which save data to use
    5. Choose local
    6. Then that will overwrite the cloud save
    How does one do this? All I get is "Failed to synchronize cloud saves" and "Cancel, Skip, or Try Again" but no option to overwrite cloud saves. Ever. My game saves load fine offline, but not online.

I got this to work. The UPlay support person didn't explain it very well at all.

For anyone having the issue that you have your saves but they won't synchronize with cloud saves, do this:

1. Go to UPlay Settings > Network > Check "Always load offline"
    2. Go to Watch Dogs 2 > Play
    3. Load your latest game offline
    4. Alt-Tab to UPlay > Settings > Network > Uncheck "Always load offline"
    5. Close UPlay (Leave game running in background) > Force Close
    6. Run UPlay again--this time it will run in online mode and ask you which save data you want to use, Local or Cloud.
    7. Select "Local"

Next, it'll say you have two instances of the game running. Right-click on the game in your taskbar and close the game, then run it again. Yahtzee! You have your saves online.

Lost my save too

I lost It at the mission 35 If any body have a similar Save and can upload the File please or find me a resource where i can download It At mission 35 I don't care if it has no skills or anything i just don't want to repeat the missions all over again . Counting To 35 Takes Alot of time for me imagine playing 35 missions That u already know off .