Thread: New Players - Please note there is no 60 Day Challenge | Forums

The Magic Yeti's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by GrumpyPerlMonk Go to original post
    Maybe they are understaffed with under-qualified folks who are unable to resolve the problem.
    That's just being disrespectful towards the web development team. It's not like they can just flip a switch and have it working again. I'm sure if someone called you under-qualified for your job, you wouldn't like it.

Originally Posted by stray75 Go to original post
    They've made a major improvement in being able to check this. Hit the Start button from any area in-game. Down at the bottom, you should see something called "Stats". Believe the first screen you see has mission count.
    Thank you! I never noticed that before.

Turns out I'm already on 482 missions completed! I need to get a shift on with the 10M high-score trophies!

stray75's Avatar Senior Member
    glad it helped

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I expect the 60 Day Challenge will be functional again in the spring. We're having technical issues on the back end that are affecting the website, and the 60DC lives on the web. I'll let you know when I have better news.
    Happy April, Dan -

There is pollen all over the place here in NC from the blossoming trees and believe we've seen the last of the snow. In the northern hemisphere, I think we technically have until June 21st to remain in spring but I was hoping to get an update on the timeline for the return of 60DC functionality, respectfully.

Any news / guidance on when we could see it coming back again?

Thanks!
     2 people found this helpful

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    I looked into this, and the 60-Day Challenge web functionality is unfortunately not coming back any more than it already has. When we implemented stats into Rocksmith itself with the Remastered patch, that was a bit of a safeguard in case we couldn't get the web implementation all the way back to where it was. It's also a better fit -- you can see a lot more stuff about your playing habits and milestones just within the game's menu, and I've seen a lot of people "take the 60-Day Challenge" completely independently, just as a personal calendar exercise, using those stats and their overall mastery. Folks might not realize that the 60-Day Challenge was always just a web feature, and not part of the core game -- when it started to conk out, we repaired it (which turned out to be a huge deal), but then thought more about giving the players that information directly, in a format we can directly control.

Combine that with the tech issues from the login system and only being able to recover partial functionality, and this is where we are. The 60-Day Challenge continues as a concept, but does not have the same game-data-to-website functionality that it did when we launched it four years ago. You should be able to see at least some of your legacy data, but for future progress, check the Stats page in the game (which is under the Tools menu -- Space on PC, touchpad on PS4, Start on PS3/X360/X1). To this end, the 60-Day Challenge page on this website has been changed and just talks about it as a concept -- a personal yardstick rather than a website feature.

I know that's not the answer you were hoping to hear, but at least now I have a definitive answer to offer.

1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I looked into this, and the 60-Day Challenge web functionality is unfortunately not coming back any more than it already has. When we implemented stats into Rocksmith itself with the Remastered patch, that was a bit of a safeguard in case we couldn't get the web implementation all the way back to where it was. It's also a better fit -- you can see a lot more stuff about your playing habits and milestones just within the game's menu, and I've seen a lot of people "take the 60-Day Challenge" completely independently, just as a personal calendar exercise, using those stats and their overall mastery. Folks might not realize that the 60-Day Challenge was always just a web feature, and not part of the core game -- when it started to conk out, we repaired it (which turned out to be a huge deal), but then thought more about giving the players that information directly, in a format we can directly control.

Combine that with the tech issues from the login system and only being able to recover partial functionality, and this is where we are. The 60-Day Challenge continues as a concept, but does not have the same game-data-to-website functionality that it did when we launched it four years ago. You should be able to see at least some of your legacy data, but for future progress, check the Stats page in the game (which is under the Tools menu -- Space on PC, touchpad on PS4, Start on PS3/X360/X1). To this end, the 60-Day Challenge page on this website has been changed and just talks about it as a concept -- a personal yardstick rather than a website feature.

I know that's not the answer you were hoping to hear, but at least now I have a definitive answer to offer.

Thanks Dan for the straightforward answer. Sorry this couldn't be sorted out, but have to say that the in-game stats are far better and more informative.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Might I suggest a revision to the "Rocksmith 2014 - 60 Day Challenge" subforum?

MyNameIsBroken's Avatar Junior Member
    The way they're doing it now is closer to the way they should have BEEN doing it all along. There should always have been a local counter with the Challenge built directly into the game for us to use or not use at our leisure, and for us to link or not link to an Internet profile as we saw fit. If they were really interested in gearing it towards helping us improve, a time-tracker feature would have been part of the offline game from the jump.

Instead, it reminds me more of the time they tried putting always-on DRM in their PC games that required players to maintain an Internet connection and play online at all times. It's more like an attempt of theirs to continually monitor us, and starting small like this is an example of the frog in the pot.

Granted, all the game does now is use timers that go up as you play. It doesn't contain any reference to the 60-Day Challenge at all. But it's a start, and it's better than nothing. Perhaps they would be more interested in making it part of the game itself that, again, does not require an Internet connection or account to function properly. A built-in practice calendar thing would actually be really cool.