Why does Uplay log me off every day?

This is super annoying. Uplay has even logged me off "for inactivity" while I was playing The Crew.

I turned off two-step verification, because it's too much of a pain in the butt since Uplay keeps disconnecting me.

Is there any way I can prevent getting logged out for inactivity, or change how long I stay logged in?

By the way, the "remember me" button in the Uplay login screen doesn't work. I always have to fill it out completely.

Frustrated,
    -K

I would love to know how to fix this as well. also on top of it logging me out. my uPlay will even close completely even tho i never closed it or anything.

its quite annoying when you mark REMEMBER ME and i still need to type it all in.

this is half the reason i dont play games from here as atleast once a day i have to start the client again and log in even tho i never logged out or closed the client

I would like to echo my annoyance at this. I think it's overzealous to force this logging on every single time if 2 factor authentication is turned on. The reason I turned that on is to make sure no one can log on elsewhere if they get hold of my username and password. Not to be forced to log on every single time on my own desktop thank you very much.

Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager
    Hello, please make sure you are using the latest version of Uplay PC available from: https://uplay.ubi.com/ a recent update resolved the "Remember Me" not functioning correctly in a number of cases.

If that doesn't help, could you let me know the exact steps you are taking to launch the game? Is it from Steam? Is your Steam account linked? Are you launching from a shortcut? Is Uplay and Steam in online mode?

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay Go to original post
    Hello, please make sure you are using the latest version of Uplay PC available from: https://uplay.ubi.com/ a recent update resolved the "Remember Me" not functioning correctly in a number of cases.
    I reinstalled on the 21st of October and the 29th of October, and have just done so again. Perhaps tomorrow the problem will be gone

If that doesn't help, could you let me know the exact steps you are taking to launch the game? Is it from Steam? Is your Steam account linked? Are you launching from a shortcut? Is Uplay and Steam in online mode?

Thanks,
    This is before starting any game. I just open UPlay from the link on my desktop and am greeted with a message that I've been away for too long and I need to log in again each and every single day

This happens to me every time my PC goes to sleep. This is the only game launcher that can't seem to save the information and when you have two factor authentication on it makes even more annoying to deal with.

Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager
    Hello, this issue has now been resolved in today's hotfix.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Johan Go to original post
    Hello folks,

Today a small hotfix was released to the Uplay PC client.

• Improved connection to authentication services when logged in for long periods of time. This should resolve some of the issues in which users where logged out due to inactivity

/ Johan
    Please make sure you are using the latest version of the client.

Can you not update Uplay from within Uplay?

My client has been installed/updated since the WD 2 release, and the "remember me" option is still very much broken. My WD 2 is tied to my Steam account, if that makes any difference.