Ubi_Yannick's Avatar Senior Community Developer

Agent Brief – October 6

Agents,

Week 3 has now begun, and we believe we have something very close to where we want Update 1.4 to be. We’ve listened to your feedback from Week 2, and made significant adjustments to loot and difficulty. Now, it’s time to min-max!

Read the Patch Notes here.

Testing conditions:
    The PTS database has been wiped again, and a fresh import of your live characters was made. This means that your progress from Week 2 is gone. This is necessary as we want to test conversion of 1.3 characters to 1.4 in real conditions.

Also, while we haven’t been able to add a Vendor to allow you to generate items, we were able to fill the inventory of new characters with Gear Caches. Just create new characters to open the caches and transfer the good items to your Stash. You can keep deleting and creating new character to generate more caches.

Your goal:
    Min-max your characters to your heart’s content. Generate the items you need, and try the game with fully optimized gear.

We want to know how the game feels with a fully optimized character, how the experience is with different types of builds, and if anything breaks when your character is optimized to the extreme.

Thanks for your help agents!
    The Division Dev Team

Why?!

WHY?! GOD WHY?! there is no challenge in the game whatsoever anymore... we just almost finished the incursion on challenge difficulty (the two of us with the eq sort of balanaced but not maxed out in options) and the only reason why we didn't finish it is that we died at the end of it and just couldn't be bothered to do it again.
    With a couple of tweaks in eq and skills its really easy to do... challenge difficulty in underground is a joke at this point (might as well be a normal diff) and weekly high risk targets are equally boring posing no challenge at all... seriously pls add another difficulty lvl with lets say more drop rate or skins or just more exp just for the sake of players who like to hv a challenge... gutted..

Exactly. Just add 5th world tier with lvl 34/35 enemies. Let this tier just give more exp for activities, becose right now, the content "chellenging" is no chellange at all...
    I understand that some people want to be so god damn easy, but not all. So let them have this, but also let us, who want something chellenging have it...

While I want there to always be more difficult content, I think it has been pretty clear that just adding levels/hp/damage isn't the way to do it. They need smarter AI at higher difficulties with new abilities, traps, weapons, environments, etc. to have the content be more difficult. This takes time and work that couldn't possibly be done for 1.4, but hopefully that becomes a priority for them. The lower TTK feels great, but yes in the current game it makes things easier. They need to focus on all forms of difficulty that are NOT levels/hp/damage. Perhaps new unit types with better shielding, LMG nests, sneakier traps, enemies that flank better, more open environments. etc. just to name a few possibilities.

Ms_Salami's Avatar Senior Member
    Yannick, See Feedback on testing omission for this method.

No lvl 33 weapon or gear mods available for optimising build. Is there a way you can remedy this?

Min Max testing omision

Ms_Salami's Avatar Senior Member
    Sandypants has also posted on future Min Max testing requirements. Are you able to fix this prior to next Thursday?

If this is how the game is going to be you have lost me.

Originally Posted by Vuduhx Go to original post
    While I want there to always be more difficult content, I think it has been pretty clear that just adding levels/hp/damage isn't the way to do it. They need smarter AI at higher difficulties with new abilities, traps, weapons, environments, etc. to have the content be more difficult. This takes time and work that couldn't possibly be done for 1.4, but hopefully that becomes a priority for them. The lower TTK feels great, but yes in the current game it makes things easier. They need to focus on all forms of difficulty that are NOT levels/hp/damage. Perhaps new unit types with better shielding, LMG nests, sneakier traps, enemies that flank better, more open environments. etc. just to name a few possibilities.
    Ok, fair enough but the problem is that until then the game is basically unplayable for quite a big number of players... I do agree on the fact that adding new difficulty lvls is not the best solution but for the time being it's the quickest and simplest solution which would keep a big number of players in the game I reckon while they wait for better ways of addressing that problem...

Yes, the AI leaves something to desire, but it's all we've got to deal with.

If the devs are going to leave pve like this anyway, save one tier for a more challenging pve with the same level of loot just for the sake of players that like it this way. It will justify the improvement of gear better. If this doesnt make sense, test it on pts to see how the player preferences split. That's what pts is for, right?

In 1.3 the biggest problem for most people was that the loot you needed to gear up for heroic was only found in heroic.Mission impossible for most unless they found people to carry them.
    In 1.3 the biggest fun for me/us was to find tactics, builds and roles to beat the heroic missions.Frustrating at first, rewarding once we found a way. It was alway a little bit nagging that we could not deviate much from the builds we used however.

In 1.4 I think the former has been solved, but the latter has been taken away.

The missions feel like lvl 1-30 again, with responsive weapons and all of a sudden more builds are viable. That is a lot of progress..There is no incentive to improve our builds however, unless for the sake of it, since our rerolled builds are more than capable to finish any mission in 1.4 with ease.

Another concern is skillpower and the tactician gear bonus. I feel both have not been changed for the good.I understand the issues with skillpower in 1.3, but it has almost been rendered useless now. The tactician used to be the heart and soul of our team. But we can do without him now. We dont need a tactician and we can do without skillpower.Maybe, maybe, when difficulty is increased at some point and we find a way to use our electronics or ways to decrease cooldowns we might find a use again.

added Oct 9: finished Warrengate challenge solo after I switched to 4 pc FM to mitigate the grenade spam. Heavies were actually down pretty fast.But it's raining grenades left and right even around corners and when I am totally out of sight lol