Thread: PVP Overhaul Idea/No Whining | Forums

Originally Posted by gt2k Go to original post
    I don't think it is hard as you think it is especially if they get us PTR realm like Blizzard has. Giving us information about what they are doing and not saying we are working or looking into it. Give us, We have this planned and are going to try this. No more secrets. Blizzard shows people what is happening and what they are going to get. Doing those things will keep the players engaged.
    In the words of my esteemed hero, personal role model, and the most selfless person on the planet: Justin Bieber

Never say....*nevah!*

They can fix it, and any effort toward fixing it would be a gain. So if they failed to meet the goal, but improved the experience even a little that is a movement in the right direction.

...oh, and obviously I'm joking with the Justin Bieber thing.

mattrickl06's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    We are currently discussing and exploring options for all areas of the game's balance, PvP included. That said, this is solid feedback that can be forwarded along to the team. I appreciate that.

On the second topic here, the PvE DZ idea, this is again feedback we are hearing loud and clear. It needs to be noted, however, that this approach would need a fair amount of tuning to prevent it from being too over simplified.

As with all things, no promise is to be made at this time. Just know that we hear you and are exploring our options.

Thanks Agents.
    Very pleased and encouraged that you are taking it on board.

My two penneth

* Make NPC's absolutely flood extractions in a PvE DZ, make it similar to what rogues would do without the griefing, make it a challenge.

* If players die in the DZ make their loot die with them, nobody can pick it up

* Team who deals most damage to mobs surrounding supply drops obtain loot, if they all die then second ranking group get the loot

* Rework the spawn points - maybe introduce alarms so that NPC reinforcements attack you from behind, from the side, hell, even from high up windows.

* Put a timer on extractions, ie only every 10 minutes in DZ1/2, 10 mins in DZ3/4 etc, to ensure that players use more of the map.

* Enlarge the playable area of the DZ, maybe add DZ7/8 and make drops there the same as the PvP DZ5/6, but with tougher mobs

In general, a lot of PvE players want a proper challenge and not an easy farm, the atmosphere in the DZ is unique to the division which is ruined by the pointless PvP which goes on in there.

Make the DZ more about great gameplay and teamwork, rather than about loot.

I have no interest in speed farming, I do however enjoy the PvE teamplaying aspect in the DZ without the juvenile murder squads killing everything in sight (apart from NPCs)

My standout memories from my time in the DZ (pre 1.3) is helping strangers out, receiving help from other teams and generally working in harmony just like a secret government agency would do in the "end of civilisation" circumstances - can you picture a highly skilled, highly trained secret military organisation turning rogue en masse, teabagging their dead former allies and telling their still twitching corpses to "git gud"??

A fair bit of thought would need to go into preventing whole servers teaming up against NPCs though, how about only the first team to do x amount of damage or a certain % of damage against a named boss could collect the drop? This would naturally disperse agents away from easy, half dead mobs.

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Staff
    Originally Posted by mattrickl06 Go to original post

My two penneth

* Make NPC's absolutely flood extractions in a PvE DZ, make it similar to what rogues would do without the griefing, make it a challenge.

* Team who deals most damage to mobs surrounding supply drops obtain loot, if they all die then second ranking group get the loot

* Rework the spawn points - maybe introduce alarms so that NPC reinforcements attack you from behind, from the side, hell, even from high up windows.

* Put a timer on extractions, ie only every 10 minutes in DZ1/2, 10 mins in DZ3/4 etc, to ensure that players use more of the map.

* Enlarge the playable area of the DZ, maybe add DZ7/8 and make drops there the same as the PvP DZ5/6, but with tougher mobs

In general, a lot of PvE players want a proper challenge and not an easy farm, the atmosphere in the DZ is unique to the division which is ruined by the pointless PvP which goes on in there.

I have no interest in speed farming, I do however enjoy the PvE teamplaying aspect in the DZ without the juvenile murder squads killing everything in sight (apart from NPCs)

My standout memories from my time in the DZ (pre 1.3) is helping strangers out, receiving help from other teams and generally working in harmony just like a secret government agency would do in the "end of civilisation" circumstances - can you picture a highly skilled, highly trained secret military organisation turning rogue en masse, teabagging their dead former allies and telling their still twitching corpses to "git gud"??

A fair bit of thought would need to go into preventing whole servers teaming up against NPCs though, how about only the first team to do x amount of damage or a certain % of damage against a named boss could collect the drop?
    Speaking as a player, I like a lot of what you have put together here.

I am also happy to see players offering up more suggestions. See a PvE only DZ offers it's own hurdles, and it is really cool to see some of your thoughts on how to factor for them.

Keep it coming, everyone. Good stuff.

I am also happy to see players offering up more suggestions. See a PvE only DZ offers it's own hurdles, and it is really cool to see some of your thoughts on how to factor for them.

From one Matt to another, thanks,

And keep the Ubisoft participation coming, it is very much welcome, and encouraging.

This is how players can help improve the game, logical ideas and mature discussion. Not opening threads asking for Massive to apologize to us and such.

Don't know if this needs to be said or not, but if we get a pve only dz it's not *Dark* enough to be called the dark zone. It definitely needs to be a different zone/name, or something I would think.

Originally Posted by MysticIXINinja Go to original post
    Don't know if this needs to be said or not, but if we get a pve only dz it's not *Dark* enough to be called the dark zone. It definitely needs to be a different zone/name, or something I would think.
    How about the Rouge Zone, now that would really confuse people ��

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Staff
    The Dusk Zone™

UNSCxSniper's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by MysticIXINinja Go to original post
    Itd be called The Safe Space

"Now entering your safe space"

Originally Posted by mattrickl06 Go to original post

My two penneth

A fair bit of thought would need to go into preventing whole servers teaming up against NPCs though, how about only the first team to do x amount of damage or a certain % of damage against a named boss could collect the drop? This would naturally disperse agents away from easy, half dead mobs.
    While I do like the concept of the DZ, I don't like the unbalanced pvp that you are forced to counter.
    I know a lot of people like me would really like to have an option to be able to play solo. The way it is designed now makes it almost impossible.
    I think the PvE and pvp parts needs to be separated in some way. I'm not sure that a PvE DZ is the solution but it would sure keep a lot of players happy. Why do people care if it is easy or hard earned loot? (Solo farming DZ 5 and DZ 6 is hard as hell for sure). The majority of the PvE players are not going to use their gear in the pvp DZ anyways so why do people care about how they obtained it?
    Are pvp players worried that everyone will be running around in the DZ with maxed out gear? That would probably keep a solo player alive for another 1-2 seconds against a 4 man team.
    Now I really like to play in a group but I also like to farm solo and test my gear out.
    I think that this I what most players are hoping for.
    Underground, HVT's and incursions are too linear in my opinion.
    Maybe there is a way to use the rest of Manhattan outside of the DZ... Give PvE players really challenging NPC's (level 33-35) with named bosses that actually drops rewarding loot. Keep them respawning all over Manhattan... Why not?