Thread: PVP Overhaul Idea/No Whining | Forums

Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    We are currently discussing and exploring options for all areas of the game's balance, PvP included. That said, this is solid feedback that can be forwarded along to the team. I appreciate that.

On the second topic here, the PvE DZ idea, this is again feedback we are hearing loud and clear. It needs to be noted, however, that this approach would need a fair amount of tuning to prevent it from being too over simplified.

As with all things, no promise is to be made at this time. Just know that we hear you and are exploring our options.

Thanks Agents.
    No, thank you, dude!

We are all very passionate about this game, mods and devs included. Lets make it better, you know?

Thanks for being involved. It goes a long way.

gt2k's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MysticIXINinja Go to original post
    That is the idea.

Separate the bonuses for pvp, and pve.

Off the subject, for those proposing a pve only dz I wholeheartedly disagree on the grounds that the Dark Zone is intended to be a dog eat dog territory with ever changing scenerios where AI enemies participate. There is a special kind of chaos generated by the inclusion of pvp players, pve players, and AI enemies in one area.

The problem with pve'ers in the Dark Zone is most of the time they aren't given a sporting chance. This solution should fix this problem bringing life back into the dz for pve'ers, pvp'ers alike.
    I'm generally against the PVE DZ only idea as well. I have suggested time and time again a way for everyone from solo players and groups to gear up faster and they wouldn't have to tune change the map or anything on our end. Loot drops at our gear score and more loot drops at higher gear scores. Daily missions and HVT are not weighted at all. Incursions remain weighted and drop twice as much. That way you still encourage group play and doing the incursions. Who wouldn't want 6 pieces falling in Falcon Lost with 8 for the weekly.

Anyway back on topic, with the changing of the sets to everything listed being a PVE bonus maybe we can get our 3 striker 3 sentry back. Since the PVP side of that was what hurt that set the most. Doing this would generally make us stronger vs NPC's without having to worry about the PVP side.

gt2k's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ZiiooiiZ Go to original post
    This is a good suggestion, but its to late. If you look at other games with pve/pvp elements this is part of the design of the game, all pve perks are disabled and pvp perks (or none at all) engage for pvp play. Think of the hours it would take to not only change all the gear in the game, but try to make sure it synergizes properly and it doesn't cause more things to bug out. With as many issues as they need to fix currently, the chances of them having the manpower for something like this is nil. Honestly, this should have been the design from the start, with gear sets like nomad and others that weren't preferable in pve having better bonuses in pvp, making each gear set desirable for its designed roll. As has been said before, Massive was way over their heads designing this game, but I put a lot of the blame on Ubisoft because they actually have decades more experience in games and didn't have the foresight to see what issues might crop up along the way. They should have had a game designer working with Massive all along, catching things like power creep and helping design end game content. Massive did a really good job designing the initial game and thru level 30, but the pvp/pk system and end game content are all signs of a team that doesn't know what they are doing. It doesn't help that this game was release about 6 months before it would have been ready, without anywhere near enough play testing and bug fixing.
    I don't think it is hard as you think it is especially if they get us PTR realm like Blizzard has. Giving us information about what they are doing and not saying we are working or looking into it. Give us, We have this planned and are going to try this. No more secrets. Blizzard shows people what is happening and what they are going to get. Doing those things will keep the players engaged.

Originally Posted by gt2k Go to original post
    I don't think it is hard as you think it is especially if they get us PTR realm like Blizzard has. Giving us information about what they are doing and not saying we are working or looking into it. Give us, We have this planned and are going to try this. No more secrets. Blizzard shows people what is happening and what they are going to get. Doing those things will keep the players engaged.
    In the words of my esteemed hero, personal role model, and the most selfless person on the planet: Justin Bieber

Never say....*nevah!*

They can fix it, and any effort toward fixing it would be a gain. So if they failed to meet the goal, but improved the experience even a little that is a movement in the right direction.

...oh, and obviously I'm joking with the Justin Bieber thing.

mattrickl06's Avatar Senior Member
    We are currently discussing and exploring options for all areas of the game's balance, PvP included. That said, this is solid feedback that can be forwarded along to the team. I appreciate that.

On the second topic here, the PvE DZ idea, this is again feedback we are hearing loud and clear. It needs to be noted, however, that this approach would need a fair amount of tuning to prevent it from being too over simplified.

As with all things, no promise is to be made at this time. Just know that we hear you and are exploring our options.

Thanks Agents.
    Very pleased and encouraged that you are taking it on board.

My two penneth

* Make NPC's absolutely flood extractions in a PvE DZ, make it similar to what rogues would do without the griefing, make it a challenge.

* If players die in the DZ make their loot die with them, nobody can pick it up

* Team who deals most damage to mobs surrounding supply drops obtain loot, if they all die then second ranking group get the loot

* Rework the spawn points - maybe introduce alarms so that NPC reinforcements attack you from behind, from the side, hell, even from high up windows.

* Put a timer on extractions, ie only every 10 minutes in DZ1/2, 10 mins in DZ3/4 etc, to ensure that players use more of the map.

* Enlarge the playable area of the DZ, maybe add DZ7/8 and make drops there the same as the PvP DZ5/6, but with tougher mobs

In general, a lot of PvE players want a proper challenge and not an easy farm, the atmosphere in the DZ is unique to the division which is ruined by the pointless PvP which goes on in there.

Make the DZ more about great gameplay and teamwork, rather than about loot.

I have no interest in speed farming, I do however enjoy the PvE teamplaying aspect in the DZ without the juvenile murder squads killing everything in sight (apart from NPCs)

My standout memories from my time in the DZ (pre 1.3) is helping strangers out, receiving help from other teams and generally working in harmony just like a secret government agency would do in the "end of civilisation" circumstances - can you picture a highly skilled, highly trained secret military organisation turning rogue en masse, teabagging their dead former allies and telling their still twitching corpses to "git gud"??

A fair bit of thought would need to go into preventing whole servers teaming up against NPCs though, how about only the first team to do x amount of damage or a certain % of damage against a named boss could collect the drop? This would naturally disperse agents away from easy, half dead mobs.

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by mattrickl06 Go to original post
    Very pleased and encouraged that you are taking it on board.

My two penneth

* Make NPC's absolutely flood extractions in a PvE DZ, make it similar to what rogues would do without the griefing, make it a challenge.

* If players die in the DZ make their loot die with them, nobody can pick it up

* Team who deals most damage to mobs surrounding supply drops obtain loot, if they all die then second ranking group get the loot

* Rework the spawn points - maybe introduce alarms so that NPC reinforcements attack you from behind, from the side, hell, even from high up windows.

* Put a timer on extractions, ie only every 10 minutes in DZ1/2, 10 mins in DZ3/4 etc, to ensure that players use more of the map.

* Enlarge the playable area of the DZ, maybe add DZ7/8 and make drops there the same as the PvP DZ5/6, but with tougher mobs

In general, a lot of PvE players want a proper challenge and not an easy farm, the atmosphere in the DZ is unique to the division which is ruined by the pointless PvP which goes on in there.

Make the DZ more about great gameplay and teamwork, rather than about loot.

I have no interest in speed farming, I do however enjoy the PvE teamplaying aspect in the DZ without the juvenile murder squads killing everything in sight (apart from NPCs)

My standout memories from my time in the DZ (pre 1.3) is helping strangers out, receiving help from other teams and generally working in harmony just like a secret government agency would do in the "end of civilisation" circumstances - can you picture a highly skilled, highly trained secret military organisation turning rogue en masse, teabagging their dead former allies and telling their still twitching corpses to "git gud"??

A fair bit of thought would need to go into preventing whole servers teaming up against NPCs though, how about only the first team to do x amount of damage or a certain % of damage against a named boss could collect the drop?
    Speaking as a player, I like a lot of what you have put together here.

I am also happy to see players offering up more suggestions. See a PvE only DZ offers it's own hurdles, and it is really cool to see some of your thoughts on how to factor for them.

Keep it coming, everyone. Good stuff.

I am also happy to see players offering up more suggestions. See a PvE only DZ offers it's own hurdles, and it is really cool to see some of your thoughts on how to factor for them.

From one Matt to another, thanks,

And keep the Ubisoft participation coming, it is very much welcome, and encouraging.

This is how players can help improve the game, logical ideas and mature discussion. Not opening threads asking for Massive to apologize to us and such.

Don't know if this needs to be said or not, but if we get a pve only dz it's not *Dark* enough to be called the dark zone. It definitely needs to be a different zone/name, or something I would think.

Originally Posted by MysticIXINinja Go to original post
    Don't know if this needs to be said or not, but if we get a pve only dz it's not *Dark* enough to be called the dark zone. It definitely needs to be a different zone/name, or something I would think.
    How about the Rouge Zone, now that would really confuse people ��