Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Red Screen

Hello guys,
    honestly I'm kinda addicted to this game BUT there's one thing which is annoying...
    Yesterday I played the game for 1h or something and suddenly got a red screen. The game freezes for about 5 seconds, then I got the red screen and finally my computer is restarting. I don't know when it will happen but it happened some times before at different moments in the game.
    I use a XFX AMD Radeon R9 380X graphics card and haven't got this in other games until now.
    What can I do to solve this? I wanna play the game without that stumbling stone which is coming out of nowhere...
    I'm sorry for my English if it's not correct in some places

Thank you!

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Welcome to the forums!

Hate to be the bearer of (potential) bad news, but the same thing happened to me a couple of years back (in different games, obviously), and a few weeks later my graphics card died...

Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    Welcome to the forums!

Hate to be the bearer of (potential) bad news, but the same thing happened to me a couple of years back (in different games, obviously), and a few weeks later my graphics card died...
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I hope this is not a thing that will happen in the near future. My PC is brand new and I never experienced this in other games, except Unity and Syndicate. Do you know any other solutions for this?
    Maybe it`s a problem in settings or component combination?
    Nevertheless thank you for the answer. I keep believing in my card

Oh, right/ Hope not then, maybe it was just coincidence! Possibly a heating issue then, both times it happened to me was after lengthy gaming sessions when the PC was quite hot and the fans were struggling.

If it's a software issue, I'm not sure what to suggest, other than to make sure all drivers, etc are up to date.

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    If you're not monitoring your system temperatures, you should. See if you can correlate the red screen to increased workload, higher temperatures, louder fans, etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...een-crash.html

Google "XFX AMD Radeon R9 380X graphics card red screen".

Well, that would seem to bear out my heat issue theory. When I had this issue, the PC in question was older and struggling with newer games, hence temperature and fan issues...

Originally Posted by HDinHB Go to original post
    If you're not monitoring your system temperatures, you should. See if you can correlate the red screen to increased workload, higher temperatures, louder fans, etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...een-crash.html

Google "XFX AMD Radeon R9 380X graphics card red screen".
    I've got a nice tool called GPU-Z showing me information about fan speed, temperature, memory clock and much more.
    Of course my system is getting warmer and increase its fan speed but this is quite normal isn't it?

The exact same thing happens to me, and to a lot of other people apparently (there are many other forums with the same topix being discussed) and as far as I've understood, it's both a driver problem - the whole temperature and fan thing, along with certain updates that basically can't handle AC Syndicate - and a Windows 10 problem - because so far all the cases I've read about were using 10, and it used to run just fine on Windows 7 for me.

So I tried something just today. After re-downloading and installing the game last week, I went into the folder, changed the ACS file's compatibility to Windows 7, downgraded to AMD driver 16.5.3 (more or less when it last worked okay), rebooted my computer, and started playing. The problem seems to have been solved, but I've only played one hour at a time, so I don't know for sure (still, since it used to crash after 3 to 5 ůminutes, I think I'm good)

Maybe one of the steps I took was useless, like re-installing the game, but I hope it helps someone else.

*curtsy*