Thread: G36 Nerf Discussion | Forums

  1. #411
    Originally Posted by Titannium_ Go to original post
    10%.... fine.

    15% ? you deleted it from game.
    Lul, instead of balance other AR, you destroyed G36.
    So now we will bulletsponge L35 even more....

    bravo, indeed.
    I agree and disagree.

    10% was what I thought they would do but even at 15% it is still by far the best AR (from all I have seen). So the question is really, why was it nerfed? I thought it was nerfed in an attempt to bring it in line with the other ARs but it clearly outclasses them still.

    The bullet sponge is a big issue IMO. The reason is because the devs have let the numbers (dps, armor, health, toughness, etc.) get away from them so now all nerfs have to be big.

    I'm ok with the 15% nerf as long as they address the rest of the ARs which are still clearly under powered.

    Not to mention the DMR SCAR which even with a great role serves no purpose in it's current state.

    Nerfing the OP guns is fine, as long as they also take a closer look at the underpowered guns.
    Share this post

  2. #412
    Originally Posted by s140183 Go to original post
    How many of you complainers are running with damage to elites attributes?
    If by "complainers" you mean someone who thinks the game is badly tuned?

    Then include me.

    As well as 50% armor destruction, +13% damage when none of my skills are on cool down. +20% damage to targets out of cover because I frequently use an LMG. Since I use 4pc Lonestar my LMG also gets 10% buff to base damge (+1000), as well as the damage throughput bonus of not having to reload

    ..and on top I run smart cover and get the damage bonus from that. Steady hand...and One is None.

    The issue isn't that people don't know how to spec out their Agents.

    The issue the game is badly tuned. The NPCs are tuned with the expectation that everyone is running in 4 man fireteam with ALL of the game's buffs active. So if you aren't playing in that situation---and most people who play this game AREN"T---- the NIPCs do a ridiculous amount of damage, and can withstand a ridiculous amount of damage.

    Because it takes all the buffs and talents in the game just to bring them down to something reasonable. (Or not, in the case of the game's shotgunners)
    Share this post

  3. #413
    Originally Posted by PonasJuliusLT Go to original post
    So the hard end game is focused around 5% of the player base while the rest will suffer from boring and extremely slow grind. They are crippling those 95% so they could slow these 5% down. At least I think so.
    Yep.

    ...and they are slowly pushing that 95% out of the game.

    I just had a guy who is a regular DZ player quote me some gobsmacking stat numbers on his set up. Numbers I have NO HOPE of touching because I dont' play the DZ and effectively don't have acess to any of the game's level 32 mods.

    ..an they wonder why this game is dying, and the player base is so ****ing angry.
    Share this post

  4. #414
    NitroMidgets's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Dupont, WA
    Posts
    1,653
    Well they already pushed out 93% of the Steam players. Of my friends on PC I now see none playing playing according to Uplay.
    They can hide behind plausible deniability when it comes to the console players but given the hate spewed at this game/Massive?Ubisoft on other sites they aren't winning them over either.

    Hope they can still market any games with such a small potential customer base.
    Share this post

  5. #415
    Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,675
    Imagine your favourite food.

    Imagine you've just discovered it and are really enjoying it, when someone comes along and says, 'Sorry, we made a mistake with that. We've got to make it less tasty.'

    They only take away 15% of the flavour, but the sour taste it leaves is much worse than that.

    Imagine how annoying that would be.

    This is what the G36 nerf has done for many players.

    If it had been released as it is now, most people wouldn't have been bothered.

    But getting a taste of something that for many, (myself included), made the game so much more fun to play, then having it taken away, has soured me to this game.

    I think I'll take a break. I'll monitor the forums and SOTG to see if things look like they're getting better, and I'll come back when Underground comes out for the PS4, just to see if I find it fun again.

    If I do, great, if not, I'll check to make sure I don't buy games if massive are involved in them in the future!
    Share this post

  6. #416
    Originally Posted by Hugo-FOU Go to original post
    Imagine your favourite food.

    Imagine you've just discovered it and are really enjoying it, when someone comes along and says, 'Sorry, we made a mistake with that. We've got to make it less tasty.'

    They only take away 15% of the flavour, but the sour taste it leaves is much worse than that.

    Imagine how annoying that would be.

    This is what the G36 nerf has done for many players.

    If it had been released as it is now, most people wouldn't have been bothered.

    But getting a taste of something that for many, (myself included), made the game so much more fun to play, then having it taken away, has soured me to this game.

    I think I'll take a break. I'll monitor the forums and SOTG to see if things look like they're getting better, and I'll come back when Underground comes out for the PS4, just to see if I find it fun again.

    If I do, great, if not, I'll check to make sure I don't buy games if massive are involved in them in the future!
    Basically.

    They made the mistake of actually releasing a weapon that was actually TUNED properly to the power of the NPCs. So not only did people get a chance to use the weapon, they got a chance to see how badly underpowered the rest of the games other weapons are still.

    They are better than they were. But they are still significantly underpowered.
    Share this post

  7. #417
    Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,675
    Originally Posted by kellygreen45 Go to original post
    Basically.

    They made the mistake of actually releasing a weapon that was actually TUNED properly to the power of the NPCs. So not only did people get a chance to use the weapon, they got a chance to see how badly underpowered the rest of the games other weapons are still.

    They are better than they were. But they are still significantly underpowered.
    Spot on.
    Share this post

  8. #418
    MorePvE4u's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Playing Fortnite Battle Royale, good P v P
    Posts
    3,094
    Originally Posted by kellygreen45 Go to original post
    Basically.

    They made the mistake of actually releasing a weapon that was actually TUNED properly to the power of the NPCs. So not only did people get a chance to use the weapon, they got a chance to see how badly underpowered the rest of the games other weapons are still.

    They are better than they were. But they are still significantly underpowered.
    I can agree with that but my MP7 was superior in everyway to my G36C before the nerf.
    Share this post

  9. #419
    MorePvE4u's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Playing Fortnite Battle Royale, good P v P
    Posts
    3,094
    Ooops! double post
    Share this post

  10. #420
    Hugo-FOU's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,675
    Originally Posted by Crazy-46 Go to original post
    I can agree with that but my MP7 was superior in everyway to my G36C before the nerf.
    Careful. They'll be nerfing the MP7 if you're not careful.

    But joking aside, if you had a weapon of the same GS that was better pre nerf it shows that it wasn't really OP to start with!
    Share this post