Thread: Achievements / badges I would love to see | Forums

Achievements / badges I would love to see

I understand Ubi is a business, and as such they need to incentivise players giving them $10 or $20 a month. However, I would much rather see these achievements added, and maybe even have some of them as options to show off as badges.

1. Legend (x2, 3, etc) - for getting to legend status in the bunker.
    2. World Record Holder - for having the #1 time on any track
    3. "Stop with the Tickets, they won't help." - win a bunker match using no Golden Tickets against an opponent who uses 10+
    4. Leaderboard Addict - have 50+ tracks with top 1000 times in them.
    5. Fashionista - own 25+ rider outfits
    6. Done... for now - fully upgrade the 9 original bikes
    7. Nothin' but Plat - have a platinum medal on every single track you own
    8. Donkey Madness - have over 100,000,000 score on the donkey LB
    9. Crazy Bike Skillz - have over 100,000,000 score on Crazy Bike LB
    10. Masochist - 0 fault The Quagmire, the Island Tracks, and Challenge Packs 2 & 3 tracks all with either the Donkey or a Crazy Bike

If you have one of these badges, I would have some respect for you. So far my progress is:
    1 (x4), 2 - nope, 3 - yep, I think he used about 25 , 4. barely, 5. yep, 6. yeah - I guess that one's pretty easy actually, 7. nope, 8. yep, 9. surprisingly, yes, 10. oh hell no

That's my list of achievements that would actually merit a badge of pride. Any other suggestions out there?

+1. I like it. I have all your achievements!! 😎

bigB0NER's Avatar Member
    nice idea

H-Refr's Avatar Member
    I second this idea. Love achievements!

3 - This one is pretty simple, actually. Sometimes I have a weaker opponent who spends a lot of golden tickets when I can easily win with normal ones. Suppose most of the decent players would have it.
    6 - Requires some patience. Or gems/money
    5 - I guess this one requires collecting a lot of gems/spending real money.
    Others require very good skill and can be a good incentive for those who love achievements like me

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    Would love it if they tried to do this kind of stuff. Too bad its been 2 years without, because focussing some on this from tmie to time by RL (expanding the achievement list) might have really helped retain people once the standard challenges were done.

Reposting my standard list from prior "request threads":

- Add in-game Achievements of all types; easy and very, very hard. Some based on stats.. some can be a contest in themselves. Some examples... Holding a wheelie for 10/20/30 secs (any track)... completing track X without using "lean"... crossed finish line 25K times... gathered 1K/5K/10K/25K gems .... made Legends 10 times... played 10K showdowns... won 5K showdowns... Collected all "buzzard nests" (and then go put some buzzard nests in 5 tracks in hard-to-get places).... etc. Frankly, this is only limited by imagination.

Im thinking about getting the rider club thing but I feel this game has been going downhill. The new tracks are becoming very boring and I think this membership thing is their last effort to get money. But I could be wrong and I'll be stuck with no gems when something awesome comes out.

Originally Posted by Pdizzle337 Go to original post
    Im thinking about getting the rider club thing but I feel this game has been going downhill. The new tracks are becoming very boring and I think this membership thing is their last effort to get money. But I could be wrong and I'll be stuck with no gems when something awesome comes out.
    The rider club is a cool idea if you are new to the game.
    The game is doing everything apart from going downhill!!
    New tracks are the least boring part of the game.
    The membership is the latest of their epic amount of money grabs!
    Most people playing the game have a stash of free gems that just gather up.
    Money is a shortcut in this game!
    Asides from a stupid medal beside your name on the leaderboard that just lets the free to play players see who the crazies are!!!

xitooner's Avatar Senior Member
    Im thinking about getting the rider club thing but I feel this game has been going downhill.
    How I see it:
    - The game is 2 years old and its pretty noticeable its got a skeleton crew running/testing it as the main developers have gone on to upcoming offerings. That explains the consistent bugs and frequent money-grabs lately better than most theories; thye are simply understaffed.

- I think there will be a new Trials game from RL on mobile in the next year, so I wouldnt invest more money here.

- Very concerned about what they will do the next time around; "Trials of the Blood Dragon" was just announced last month and universally given horrible reviews; if this is where Trials is headed they have lost their understanding of why people bought Trials, IMO....
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/t...-blood-dragon/
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...dragon-review/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/trials-of-the...dragon-review/

- I would hold off on getting Riders Club for another couple of months until IOS,etc comes out with their gaming subscription model... because I think then we'll REALLY see what Riders Club is meant to be. Which could be a cool thing... or you can be really pessimistic like I was in the following link and see how it can become very, very bad.... subscriptions could easily become the next F2P model....
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...e-Rider-s-Club
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2..._iOS_games.php

Asides from a stupid medal beside your name on the leaderboard that just lets the free to play players see who the crazies are!!!
    Thats a good assessment of how I feel as well. RL's gotta make money here but it wont be from me.... I am glad there are those that pay (honestly dont hold anything against them) and I would too... if I saw any value in what they were offering. I simply dont.

Badges and Medals beside your name should be reserved for showing how SKILLFUL you are, and should be EARNED. When they are BOUGHT, it means nothing at all to anyone. I cant understand why RL does this.

I couldn't agree more that badges should be about skill, not money.

I watched some videos of "Trials of the Blood Dragon" and remember thinking to myself, what the hell happened to the basic mechanics of Trials? It's like the whole team took a bunch of shrooms and pooped out an expansion.

I don't think there will be a new trials game for mobile, though. Making a version 2 of any game this intricate isn't the usual MO - it isolates a huge part of your user base. I hope they keep adding content to this game, although I am sure that support for Frontier is directly linked to the number of Riders Club members they get.

For now, I'm going in search of Pokemon .

Originally Posted by Whitechapple Go to original post
    For now, I'm going in search of Pokemon .
    They could put the missing track pieces out on the street and have people "catch" them ;-)