How many Execution's do you think each class will get?

Personally, id like to see five different one's for each class, this a big part of the reason i like for honor is because this is a multiplayer that allow's you to finish them in a graphic an brutal fashion here are a few execution animation's id like to see

the warden: the warden run's the blade through their chest and then like kick's them off the sword.

The raider: the raider split's the enemies head in half with the dane axe

The oni: when an enemy has 10% health left a successful parry will disarm your opponent then you decapitate them all samurai style.

These are just a few id like but what are some you guys would like to see?

I would love to see more in the game, its just if they want to allow each class to have more then 2 i would think they would have to make it so you can unlock them and swap them out for others. Having the options to preform 5 different executions could become a little much when all you really want is a quick finisher.

Originally Posted by Sir_Beefing Go to original post
    I would love to see more in the game, its just if they want to allow each class to have more then 2 i would think they would have to make it so you can unlock them and swap them out for others. Having the options to preform 5 different executions could become a little much when all you really want is a quick finisher.
    I mean the execution you perform would be random between five different ones you'd still use X or Y to perform them

MisterWillow's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sir_Beefing Go to original post
    I agree.

Looking at the controller layout, they could add another to the circle button, but no others, really (and yes, I know L1 isn't used either, but something about having all your executions all together except for one seems weird or awkward to me).

Having them all be unlockable and equipable means you could have a thousand executions per Hero if you wanted, and have a bunch of variety during a match, with the understanding that different people will equip different executions.

Originally Posted by BoldAlphawolf Go to original post
    The raider: the raider split's the enemies head in half with the dane axe
    The others seem fine, but something about this makes me think of Mortal Kombat, which I'd rather avoid.

premiumart's Avatar Member
    Speaking about executions am i the only one who wonders what that gold edition bonus content is ? The thing that is refered to as execution effect. Sounds interesting.

Anyway my personal opinion on executions in mp is that they ll just be kinda irritating.

Originally Posted by premiumart Go to original post
    Speaking about executions am i the only one who wonders what that gold edition bonus content is ? The thing that is refered to as execution effect. Sounds interesting.

Anyway my personal opinion on executions in mp is that they ll just be kinda irritating.
    you cant be serious when i first seen this game i was like "im getting it no question" then i seen the decapiton the warden does an was like "im getting the gold"

i didnt notice the specail execution effect, jason vanderberge said there is a tactical advantage that goes with executions every time you do one you gain a slight amount of your health back so maybe itll add a slight damage effect to your weapon so you have a edge heading in to your next duel, or maybe its a cool execution you get through the pre order

premiumart's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by BoldAlphawolf Go to original post
    you cant be serious when i first seen this game i was like "im getting it no question" then i seen the decapiton the warden does an was like "im getting the gold"

i didnt notice the specail execution effect, jason vanderberge said there is a tactical advantage that goes with executions every time you do one you gain a slight amount of your health back so maybe itll add a slight damage effect to your weapon so you have a edge heading in to your next duel, or maybe its a cool execution you get through the pre order
    Nah its probably just a cosmetic thing since its a pre order bonus probably a glow or something.

I find executions kind imature, to me this is about fighting not the joy to kill your opponent in the most disrespectful way. But thats just my personal opinion of course and not criticism.

I expect they won't expand on the execution mechanic, meaning only 2 options in-game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have unlockable executions that are flashier/more interesting. Same goes for Taunts.

That being said, I would love it if they added the Extended Execution mechanic from Gears of War where if you hold the button down you roll the target over and punch them in the face until it explodes for bonus points per punch. In this game I would want a side dagger and lots of stabs instead of punches.

Executions are cool stuff. Up to now i just saw one cutting of the head. Any other ?

some ideas :

+ cutting off one leg, he knees down and you push the sword slowly in his throat.
    + cutting him off in 2 parts in the middle (from top to bottom)
    + push him on the ground and hammer in his face with the other side of the sword
    + when the axe is stuck in his head you take your feet too push it deeper to split his head further

DraxeI's Avatar Member
    I think each class will have two animations.

Not quite sure how many "traditional" executions you could cram into the game