can u play offline solo??

i'm really cautious buying games anymore. I'm not into all these only online games at all.

No, not really...

Originally Posted by t2bane Go to original post
    i'm really cautious buying games anymore. I'm not into all these only online games at all.
    In a conference yesterday the devs of the game said that the game isn't offline but you can play by yourself and online players won't interfere with anthing you do in game so you can play solo but other players will always be in your world

Check out our steep group for more

To my knowledge you will have to be connected to the internet to play but I think you are able to go into a solo session that won't come into contact with other players. Even if you can't though other players can't really interfere with your game in any way, you would simply see them riding around with you.

Originally Posted by PIECEofTOAST Go to original post
    To my knowledge you will have to be connected to the internet to play but I think you are able to go into a solo session that won't come into contact with other players. Even if you can't though other players can't really interfere with your game in any way, you would simply see them riding around with you.
    You put it perfectly!
    I love the idea of it constantly being online I think it will brng the game to life!

Ubi-Surulies's Avatar Community Manager
    Hello there,

While we believe Steep is best enjoyed with other players, our game has a wide range of activities available for solo players, and sharing your experience with other players enhances the game’s open-world premise.

As shown during the Ubisoft E3 conference, you can enjoy Steep’s multiplayer gameplay in many different ways. You can try to come up with amazing tricks, like a wingsuit going through a paraglide while a skier is jumping over both of them – that’s just one example! We strongly believe in Steep’s potential to become a factory for creating crazy lines and jaw-dropping stunts. We’re convinced players will think of incredible combinations that we haven’t even imagined yet!

Thanks,
    Surulies
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Surulies Go to original post
    Hello there,

While we believe Steep is best enjoyed with other players, our game has a wide range of activities available for solo players, and sharing your experience with other players enhances the game’s open-world premise.

As shown during the Ubisoft E3 conference, you can enjoy Steep’s multiplayer gameplay in many different ways. You can try to come up with amazing tricks, like a wingsuit going through a paraglide while a skier is jumping over both of them – that’s just one example! We strongly believe in Steep’s potential to become a factory for creating crazy lines and jaw-dropping stunts. We’re convinced players will think of incredible combinations that we haven’t even imagined yet!

Thanks,
    Surulies
    I think thats the best choice tbh, it brings an aspect of life to thr game and making everything in the game even cooler when your around people!

Hello there,

Thanks,
    Surulies
    Originally Posted by t2bane Go to original post
    I guess the answer is NO. No offline solo gaming.
     1 people found this helpful

Not for everyone

Hello there,

Thanks,
    Surulies
    No, it isn't! Best option is if you can choose. Not everyone want to these online features. I bring my ps4 once per 2 months to the location where I don't have internet connection. So I won't be able to play steep there because you believe is the best. Thank you.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by cocoflowa Go to original post
    No, it isn't! Best option is if you can choose. Not everyone want to these online features. I bring my ps4 once per 2 months to the location where I don't have internet connection. So I won't be able to play steep there because you believe is the best. Thank you.
    +100%

Even if it's excellent to play online, I will NEVER buy a game I can/Want play solo that obliges you to be online:
    1- When there is several others players around you, my computer is having some lags and drop FPS beucause of them (I never have lags when there was noone around me)
    2- Sometimes, others appears at the time and the same place as you and there is a collision which can cause jumps or fails.
    3- collisions of 2 caracters: they are kind of supperposed, you have parts of one and parts of the others mixed.
    4- In a winsuit challenge, we were 6 on the edge: it was messy :-) You had 50% change to be ejected somehow by another player. I can't even retry quicly a faulty ride.
    5- When flying the wingsuit, if another player is in front of you, in certain challenges, you can't see anything because of the smoke generated in front of you. It's real when you're actually playing with him, but when I just want to pass this challenge by retring several times it's just horrible: For 5 ' (after I left), I had 60% of time someone in front of me.
    6- when paragliding, others can easily come across and blocking the view, and with the same glider flyiung close by it's easy to get confused: which one is me ?
    7- there's still life without internet. Let's take an exemple that will talk to the french dev team in Annecy: when les "monchus" (aka tourists) rent a flat for a week in the alps, there is, still today, only 20-40% of them that have a decent internet connection that permit to play online. Impossible for the children, who bring their console with there favorite winter game (aka STEEP) to play almost where they acutally are. I really think that's a mistake.
    7- I don't like it at all

And if network connection is required to play, please AT LEAST add an option to desactivate other player interaction AT ALL
     6 people found this helpful

I wish there was at least the option. I have to run a cord to the Xbox One to play Steep, the Crew, and Elite Dangerous. My wireless is awful.

-k

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►