Thread: New Patch? Please? | Forums

New Patch? Please?

Hi everyone at Ubisoft and Limbic,

It has been roughly two months since the last patch. Could you please release another patch before August? I mean, come on, this would mean another two months with the healing bug inside the game.

I am sure the community can find even more bugs that should be fixed before the expansion pack comes out.

Another patch would also increase the impression the community has for you guys. Also, a more regular patch schedule (e.g. at least one every two months as long as major bugs exist) would also increase the likelyhood of someone buying the expansion pack. This is at least true for myself, since I don't want to buy a product with small support.

I would highly appreciate an official response.

Kind regards,
    Livingfish

Antalyan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Heart
    Hey. I've mentioned it a couple of times now. But essentially the next patch will collalign with the addon release. Aug 4th is what is written down by Ubisoft currently. That patch will include In game RMG, change to sim turns, Skill wheel change, new neutrals, new skirmish and scenario maps, balance changes, the largest amount of bug fixes, AI calculation tweaks and a myriad of other things. That's what you get if you just DL the patch for the vanilla game.

If you were to buy the Addon you would also get Fortress and all the cool new units/rune magic that come with that and the Fortress campaign maps. If you don't buy the addon you still get everything Non fortress related.

Why wasn't there a smaller patch with Bug fixes between the last patch and the Addon since it got delayed?

Because things arn't so easy and black and white in the world of software development unfortunatly.

We wanted the addon to get a lot of love in the testing department. Everyone knows the launch of the game was terrible and had way to many bugs, we don't want to make a repeat of that with the addon. So, it's getting extra testing, that means you have to start putting in test candidates (versions of the game you want the end user to play) in as soon as possible so they can find the majority of those annoying bugs that are hard to detect with a dev team. They send it back, we fix it, send it back..This can go on Ad infinum.

Now imagine you have a 'bridging' patch, so a patch that is inbetween these. This still has to get tested. That means we have to make another build just for that patch to be tested. This then causes odd dynamics where you're bug fixing two different builds, and working on ever so slightly different code (remember this bridging patch would have to of had the Addon features removed from it) and it creates all sorts of nonsense, essentially doubling the work of everyone, for very little gain.
    Read it in the quote text above

RobvD84's Avatar Senior Member
    I think he already knows this Anty. And he is asking if they can release a patch in between, like almost everyone is asking for. The only reason i think it's not mentioned more is because it coould be considered spam if ppl keep asking about it.

mErEnEfErEee's Avatar Member
    If things were right, they would not have delayed the expansion.

If things were right, they would have already released the patch.

If things were right, I would have played the game by now.

But things are not right again.

Just look. It's around a year after the release (in September), and the game is still not fixed.

Can you see why they did not listen, and they released the game as announced? Because you would have to be still waiting for the fixes till now, and the game would not have been released. But I forgot. We were supposed to become beta testers. UBIsoft, really? Have some dignity.

Total amateurism!

BTW, I can see this forum consists of three people except me and a few passers-by.

I mean, this means NOTHING!

What I meant with my post is that I have zero confidence in buying the expansion pack if the status quo doesn't change.

A new patch or at least more information about what the whole Limbic/Ubisoft team is doing would increase my confidence in buying the expansion.

Incidentally, I work in software development and in my company, the happiness of the customer is the number one priority. The argument 'we can't release another patch since this would essentially double our workload' is hollow, since this is exactly what is supposed to happen if you are developing a new product, a.k.a. a new expansion. In the real world you can't just drop the support for one product and focus your efforts solely on another one. The only reason I can think of that they are doing this is that they are either seriously underfunded or just want to milk the customer base for some cheap money. Both alternatives do not increase the likelihood that I will buy the expansion.

Which is why I begged the developers for a new patch.

Kind regards,
    Livingfish

Antalyan's Avatar Senior Member
    The best thing they could do know is to get us some news about the expansion. People are waiting. If something can save this game, it is this expansion. But instead of trying to take back people's belief, they won't tell anything. Sometimes I feel like they do not want anymore this game to be more successful.

We wanted the addon to get a lot of love in the testing department. Everyone knows the launch of the game was terrible and had way to many bugs, we don't want to make a repeat of that with the addon.
    The problem is that if the game does not work well in the first place, why would you get the expansion? So focusing on getting the game into a playable state "should" be their top priority, unless they want to get sales from new customers who buy the main game + expansion at the same time.

Do we know more exactly what the patch will fix? Will they finally fix the issue with the game eating your hero skills when you save?

according to info on steam forums:

Uplay version of the addon will be out tomorrow (5TH Aug) I can't give you the technical reason for this. It just how it is. Steam version is of course live and kicking as of 49mins ago.

Just installed Steam version. Tried to run ad-on and it stops at first voice box in fortress scenario. Won't advance into scenario play from there. Any ideas.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi rscheib1 and welcome to the forums, please try verifying your files https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...3335&l=english

If this issue persists, please contact our Support Team https://support.ubi.com including a DxDiag report and MS info.

Thanks