Thread: Eden Games is back - Gear Club ("TDU 3") | Forums

Originally Posted by Oscar97o Go to original post
    Eden Games is back, they're now called Ivory Tower.
    Yes and No....

After the launch of TDU2 there was problems within Eden games. Atari who owned Eden at the time layed off 70% of its workforce. Parts of those later made up Ivory Tower.
    The remains of original Eden was then terminated by Atari, then re-opened by David Nadal in 2014 as an independent game studio. The new Eden Games made an offer to
    the TDU franchaise which was up for sale but Atari thought it was too low and turned it down.

To my knowledge, Atari still holds the Test Drive Unlimited franchaise and who knows - may have plans for a TDU3 if they manage to find investors and a game-studio to develop it.

Originally Posted by Minxnitz Go to original post
    Yes and No....

After the launch of TDU2 there was problems within Eden games. Atari who owned Eden at the time layed off 70% of its workforce. Parts of those later made up Ivory Tower.
    The remains of original Eden was then terminated by Atari, then re-opened by David Nadal in 2014 as an independent game studio. The new Eden Games made an offer to
    the TDU franchaise which was up for sale but Atari thought it was too low and turned it down.

To my knowledge, Atari still holds the Test Drive Unlimited franchaise and who knows - may have plans for a TDU3 if they manage to find investors and a game-studio to develop it.
    Eden Games can always create an TDU-like game if they want.... perhaps they already started doing so.

No PC version -no TDU3

Yes and No....

It was always the plan to reduce the workforce of Eden Games after the game was launched. But Atari changed the lay off terms and conditions, so they went on a symbolic strike. Worst part is that it was done in public. If they had used the same energy to finish that game properly....

Atari is now reduced to a sleazy gambling site. They wanted 1.5Million for the Test Drive Franchise, the same franchise they almost ruined by releasing a broken game.
    Eden devs even apologized for it and released the first DLC for free. But we now know the Atari was already in heavy weather before the TDU2 release.

Ivory Tower was founded even before TDU2 development began. Some Eden devs went there. Including Fergus, who also can be seen as the "inventor" of TDU. Others joined later. But it is a different team now.

Unless we can play on pc or consoles, i have zero desire. And much like this game, tdu2 was a letdown. I wouldnt have high hopes for tdy3

DedeKorkut93's Avatar Member
    Yes and No....

Wouldn't be maybe a kickstarter project help?