Thread: !!!stop adjust performance!!! | Forums

dutscher-DE's Avatar Senior Member

!!!stop adjust performance!!!

some time its good, than it get worst.

PLEASE STOP IT!

make checkboxes in settings were we can shutoff fire or the spin of saws.
    like an old computer game were we are able to set the resolution and framerate or antialiasing.

now i cant play bunker because it speeds up and down. krrr last seasons nothing happens like that.

it should be constant and not good, worst, unplayable, good, worst...

cheers

Electron.x's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by dutscher-DE Go to original post
    now i cant play bunker because it speeds up and down.
    Originally Posted by dutscher-DE Go to original post
    make checkboxes in settings were we can shutoff fire or the spin of chains.
    Are you sure that these timing problems are GPU related?
    The problems may perhaps be shown while processing processor intensive graphic effects. But I believe it's more of a CPU problem.

I own two nearly the same phones. A HTC One M8 and a HTC One M8s.

While I never had the described timing problems with my HTC One M8, I sometimes have them with my HTC One M8s.

The HTC One M8 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 CPU with 4 identically cores running @ 2.27 GHz (at max speed) while the HTC One M8s has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 with 8 cores. 4 of them running @ 1.65 GHz (max) and the other 4 @ 1.11 GHz maximum clock speed.

Every CPU core has its own hardware time stamp counter. The operating system uses the time stamp counter to generate the high frequency software timers which on the other hand are used by most games.

A process (the Trials Frontier game) normally runs on multiple CPU cores. The threads of this process switches very fast from one core to another one. Everything is fine as long as all cores run with the same max clock speed. But if there is a context switch from one core to another one with a different clock speed, a synchronization problem of the time stamp counters can happen.

I had a similar problem (speed up, speed down) with TrackMania United Forever using an AMD Dual Core CPU under Windows XP. A utility by AMD (AMD dual core optimizer) fixed this problem. Assigning only one core to the game fixed the problem also.

This is the reason, why I think it could be a CPU related problem (or a energy saver problem that effects the CPU core speed).

Therefore, if you post problems with the game, it is always a good idea to post also some basic informations about the used hardware (Phone model, OS, CPU, GPU, screen resolution, available RAM, etc).

I had some issues with speedup/slowdown too, but fixed it completely just by clearing the cache and not having dozens of apps running in the background.

If you can backup any important data on your phone then I recommend doing a factory reset since that really does get everything flowing again in some cases.

Same problems here with the slowing down sometimes. On my ipad mini 2 it seems to be network related though. If I am in and out of wi-fi or getting only 1 bar on wi-fi it seems to get really bad. If I turn wi-fi off completely I do not seem to have these problems. (Of course cannot do bunker then).

justinman114's Avatar Senior Member
    Please do this devs. It is needed for a lot of us. Saws don't need to be spinning for them to crash us. They can be stationary.

PL-k4kshi-TFG's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by justinman114 Go to original post
    Please do this devs. It is needed for a lot of us. Saws don't need to be spinning for them to crash us. They can be stationary.
    you still have those huge speed ups and slow downs?

justinman114's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PL-k4kshi-TFG Go to original post
    you still have those huge speed ups and slow downs?
    Oh you know it. I haven't been playing a lot recently because of it either. Really getting to my wit's end with this game because of the lack of support.

dutscher-DE's Avatar Senior Member
    @Electron.x: its unimportant where the problem is because there are problems outside. the fastest solution to get rid of is to turn off the effects!

the effects are CPU/GPU heavy:
    * burning fire
    * flying coins into pocket
    * turning saws

if we get a effect settings option than also bad devices can play the game clearly.

i have a moto g 2014 since two years. that means i play the game since the first day and i played it constantly without performance issues.
    the first time when they begun with the performance adjustment, the first update everybody have the problems. then they roll back the adjustment.

now they try here and ther, i think to get every device perfect. i dont say that is possible but i like to have my performance constantly good for my device.
    i've cleared my cache and be in wifi, but get the problems too.

cheers

+1

My friend plays on an older Xperia Z tablet and the game usually runs fine except in Sunset Dungeon (and one other track I don't remember). There's that explosion right after the first check point (or the second if you count the one above the start) and it always messes up the game speed. Maybe because the effects from the flying coins from the checkpoint *and* the explosion are too much for the CPU/GPU. And it gets much worse with a ghost. So yes, please, just let us turn off particle effects, and maybe also the opponent's ghosts in the bunker when we know the track has problems.

I am having the same problem regularly in all game modes (slot/challenges/bunker) on iPhone 6 Plus. Only since last update. Never before.