Thread: Easiest Falcon Lost Strategy | Forums

Easiest Falcon Lost Strategy

So I worked hard this weekend to find a new strategy for Falcon Lost on Challenging that would allow for a more easy mission completion for many casual players out there. (Many current strategies required too high of a gear or DPS numbers that many casuals can't reach.) One of the main problems was that the shield gets damaged through the catwalk above the "pit" and this caused for random deaths to happen depending on if the shield went down. Well we found a way around this problem using only 3 people in the pit. Hope this helps out everyone in having more success in completing Challenge this week and gets them some weekly rewards....The legit way with no glitches. And might I add with a true tank build.

LepantoESP's Avatar Senior Member
    What an awesome video. Thanks a ton. And BTW, nice name. Burrito guy.

Remake the video with "casual" lvl gear if you want this strategy to be taken seriously. 200+ gear on each of you isn't casual level gear. 175-190 would be casual.

VikingFlokie's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Gumpnstein Go to original post
    So I worked hard this weekend to find a new strategy for Falcon Lost on Challenging that would allow for a more easy mission completion for many casual players out there. (Many current strategies required too high of a gear or DPS numbers that many casuals can't reach.) One of the main problems was that the shield gets damaged through the catwalk above the "pit" and this caused for random deaths to happen depending on if the shield went down. Well we found a way around this problem using only 3 people in the pit. Hope this helps out everyone in having more success in completing Challenge this week and gets them some weekly rewards....The legit way with no glitches. And might I add with a true tank build.

Thank you for this.
    You would get along nicely with my friend Taco

Originally Posted by CaptCohl Go to original post
    Remake the video with "casual" lvl gear if you want this strategy to be taken seriously. 200+ gear on each of you isn't casual level gear. 175-190 would be casual.
    Great video and I applaud your effort and time spent hashing this strategy out, but as a lvl 185 guy it seems ultra challenging. All the groups I have run with (which is not many due to being kicked out of groups, incursion malfunctioning with loading glitch, or not being able to open the main door to start the mission) - every time I have actually played through the mission have been with groups from 160 - 197 range.

I have a couple of items with 214 lvl gear I dont see me achieving gear in the lvl 240 range anytime soon let alone 2 pieces of lvl 240 gear. I'm currently maxed at GS 185 and I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel to get above 190.

Originally Posted by CaptCohl Go to original post
    I'll second this comment... push 187 GS tops... have been down in the pit before with friends... close, but no cigar so far even on Hard Mode... then again, HM might not be too bad giving this strat a go with...

xjae14x's Avatar Banned
    I appreciate the video and the intent of it. Too many other strategy videos are actually thinly veiled brags. This one actually seems like it's meant to help the community.

I have no problem with FL on hard but CM has been a no-go for my squad. I'll give this method a try and see how it goes.

Edit - one suggestion that I don't think you covered (maybe i missed it) is the burrito guys signature skill. He can run recovery link and revive a downed player(s) in the trench. Just a thought...

I ran this yesterday on Hard as the sole 200+, with a trio of 170s and 180s. It was tough, but doable, though at Wave 15 everyone except me died and I ended up going 150bpm dodging agents and missile barrages for that half a minute. It's tough, and I don't expect perfection from anyone at 170/180. Wiping is a part of learning, especially on Hard where the game is reasonably forgiving. You just get used to it eventually.

Very interesting strategy and some really interesting thoughts built into it. This strategy might force me to try challenge mode FL. I was already pondering use of Mobile cover as a path blocker near stairs but FL hard mode does not require such strategy and we never bothered with challenge mode.

Originally Posted by Wedge2010 Go to original post
    ... I'm currently maxed at GS 185 and I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel to get above 190.
    You should be able to get easily over 190 but even 185 GS is fine if you for example have side arm only GS163. You can craft 2x GS214 gear from BoO. If you have all pieces of gear at GS 182 and 2x GS214 crafted, you already have average GS of 189. You should be able to get gloves from challenge mode story missions, which is GS 191 piece of gear. You will be at average GS 190 with 3 pieces of a set (2x 214 + 1x 191). This gear is more than enough to clear FL on hard mode as long as you have stable team that will dedicate few evening, just an hour per session, trying FL. Once you get FL hard mode down, you will have steady supply of GS 191 gear to get better rolls and once a week you get bonus GS 214 items.

If you apply strategy from OP, it should be very easy even if bit too time consuming. Also, if you are getting kicked from FL hard with average GS of 185, it is ridiculous. It just proves that any form of item level/gear score causes more harm than good because people are too lazy to work for the win.

PS. I run FL with stable team mates but I matchmake for it few times a week when there is not enough people online. I once got into a group where leader had GS of 167 and his friend had 172. I joined with my GS just slightly below 200. Last guy was GS 182 but the leader kicked him and said "We need better geared people." It was immediately clear to me these 2 want to get carried through the mission and left the group immediately. There are asshats everywhere but this game attracts some extremely dumb ones.

dont usualy post on here but just wanted to mention how great the video was, i'll be checking out your other stuff as well. thanks for posting